007 Goldeneye

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Yung Bizzy, Jul 29, 2008.

1. smoked a few bowls with some friends and one of them pulls out N64 and some old games we used to play way back. We played Goldeneye for long ass time with the big head mode on. lots of laughs haha. good times :smoke:

2. That was the absolute best multiplayer game for years.
    I love it.
    I like being oddjob, becaus hes smaller, putting you at an advantage.

While you just run around ruining others, lol.

3. good times indeed. Goldeneye and perfect Dark with 2 or 3 friends took away nearly my entire summer back in the day.

4. yeah dude we had a ban on oddjob for this reason
    but yeah, what a great fuckin game!

5. Mother fucking YES. 007 Goldeneye is still the best FPS out there. Halo? CoD? Gears of War? No. No. No. It's Goldeneye.

6. golden eye started the whole first person shooter trend. it gave birth to halo and all those other games.

7. I thought DOOM did that.

8. ahh yeah. you're right. goldeneye was '97, right? DOOM was out before that.

Well, atleast you can say that goldeneye really made first person shooters popular.

9. Damn you Oddjob! I remember when we were playing once, and I saw him run into a bathroom stall, I fell behind him, and proceeded to karate chop...over and over...but in my panicked haze, I just could not grasp the concept to aim down, and ended up getting a golden gun to the crotch.

10. My buddys and I made our "smoking room" a few weeks back have some plants in the closet but the first thing in that room was a TV with a N64 and mario cart racing lol

11. what about the blue cartridge 007 game for n64...forgot what it's called...that was the shit though in addition to goldeneye.

12. goldeneyes numb 1, but mariokart's def in my collection as well

13. we had both of those too man. My cousin always tried to be Oddjob with the double....w/e the black and white automatics were called, cant' remember.

Also Wolfenstien Precluded Golden eye as well. Don't you all remember the PC demo where you were running through the halls with pictures of Hitler and Swastikas everywhere? Then to end the Demo you open the last door and a dude with a Bazooka blows you away. Good times.

14. Yup, DOOM and Duke Nukem

............. Goldeneye was in no way the revolution of FPS games. I mean, I personally own the game and like it a lot. DOOM and Duke Nukem is what made FPS big. Maybe not to you new school gamers, but to the people who have been gaming for a long time, it's DOOM and Duke Nukem.

This makes me want to turn on my N64 though...it's hooked up. I think I might just do that. :devious:

15. micelanious are you talkin bout the 'rcp90' automatic weapon?
    and reggin's right, doom/duke nukem started it all

16. Yes the RCP90

17. my fave weapon, it just looked so damn sleek

18. Anyone heard anything about Goldeneye on Wii?

That would be totally sick if it did happen. They'd prob make an old school N64 controller for it or something crazy. Just if they can get the legal rights...

19. I remember staying up all night unlocking the invisibility cheat by doing a speedrun in one of the levels (think it was a laboratory). It's fun going from thinking something is impossible to realizing you can do it, and having fun the whole way and finally getting a good reward at the end. That game probably got me into FPS's.

20. It didn't revolutionize FPS games in general or anything but it was definitely one of the first ultra-successful FPS games on a console, which has to count for something. And it's definitely the first console FPS game with good multiplayer I can think of. Wolfenstein, Doom, Duke Nukem and Quake were all on consoles I guess but they were just censored ports of the PC versions.

I liked the RCP90 but whenever Power Weapons was on I had to go with the shotgun. I was such a sneaky motherfucker with that thing. Everyone else would be busy wildly spraying their p90 bullets all over the room while I crept up and blew their head off. :p