0.25 cu. ft. / Worlds smallest growbox

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by hippie john, Nov 12, 2003.

1. I was looking around OG and saw a guy that flowered a clone at 3" and it ended up as a 10" bud so if you divide that growth 2 ways you should end up aroud 5" with 4 colas. A good idea would be to put a U shaped fine mesh screen about 1/4 from teh light so the leafs can grow right upt the screen wothout burning since cfls run hot.

2. Oooooo... please find the link to the 3" flowered clone.... i wanna see that:D

3. i had to put it back in under the humidity tent (an aquarium) under a less intense light.... the light was making the leaves way too droopy, so im gonna wait until it has somemore roots to it then let it get to 4", then bend it over and wait until it gets to 2" tall then flower, trimming it to 2 - 3 buds.:)

4. john thats too big train it to 4" then bend it over and flower, the stretch will bring the shoots out and they will be around 5". you shouldnt haqev to do any cutting or trimming.

5. when i bend it over it needs to grow a bit, sinceim gonna trim off all the branches on the bottom of the plant (the side will be the bottom when its bent over)... and i need to go to lowes and get some vermiculite...

6. WHERE ARE YOU !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

7. /\ ?

im here....

all the clones died (damn you algae :mad: ).... going to take somemore cuttings and lay the mother down to rest, as shes getting a bit old.....

8. How old is the mom? What kind of ferts are you using? If you used chem ferts you get salt buildup in the soil and it makes the mom look sickley. Moms must be all organic with a rich compost mix or something similar so there are no salt buildups. Every year or so you should trim the outer 1/4" and bottom 1/2" of roots and repot with 1/4" of compost on the bottom and 1/4" around the sides. Then cutback the plant so it's just a few small growth tips, no bigger then 1/2" each. If you've been using chem ferts you have to flush the soil then flush it again about an hour later to get all the salt out. Watering with a compost tea after refreshing the mom would help get the inner exhausted soil get some nutes back and repeat this every month or whenever it shows yellowing. one of the key things in maintaining a mom is keeping the plant the same size so the plant doesn't outgrow the roots capability. It should recover in about a week or so. Moms should last many years.

9. shes coming up on 2 years... and i think im ready for a change in genetics.... this bagseed mother is gettin old.... time to plant somethin else...

10. true. bagseed and 2 yeas is a good reason. whats on the list for strains? Nirvana papaya got awesome reviews and won a cup and its only $15 per 10.

11. i'm not sure, i didnt keep any oddball seeds from past known strain grows, so i might have to buy some seeds... unless theres some in a box somewhere... Maybe NL again... i liked that... any other good strains worth noting...? i'll probably get some Bogbubble, or bogglegum seeds... or life saver... basicialoly any BOG is good...

12. bog is sxpensive nirvana is just as good and only 15$ per 10 from seedsdirect.to

13. i know, but i prefer BOG genetics... although for price ya cant beat nirvana:)

14. Well, i put her down at exactly midnight lastnight.... i was holding back from crying for like 2 hrs... she was my first motherplant.... long lasting mother that is... others only had 1 or 2 sets of clones taken off.... i kept the base of her stem as a keepsake.... sits upside down like a tripod with the roots waving in the air...