“Porch” grow tent possible?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Zanc420, Jul 24, 2019.

1. if I had a 5x5 grow tent on a covered porch, out of sunlight and weather, and had air from the house constantly circulating into the tent and then exhausted back into the house, would this potentially work?

I’m trying to figure out if I need to box in my porch and insulate it, turning it into a room, before I start growing. Or if I can get away with just letting the air conditioned air be pumped into and out of the tent.

Thanks!

2. only issue I could see would be either high or low temps could be a issue depending on the weather in your area

3. Enclosed would be better. The only way you will really know is to set it up and see what you got.

4. I’m in FL btw

5. It needs to be enclosed - humidity in FL will kill you.

6. seen many grows do " light deprivation " on outdoor grows to keep or put plants into flower which is they are basically covering the plants with a tarp or some sort of enclosure for 12 hours of the day , seems to me aslong as humidity does not soak into the tent fabric and you provide ventilation like you plan to do it should work ... don't know how breathable these grow tents are when it comes to high humidity outside

7. Depending on how much air leaks into your house, you could have a fresh air problem.
    If the house allows no outside air to leak in, then eventually all the co2 will be depleted as the plants use it.
    At a minimum, make sure the intake opening and exhaust opening are far apart.