​God in the Old testament

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by g0pher, Feb 19, 2016.

1. God in the Old testament

Was a fucking asshole

He was a dick, a jock, a fucking cunt:

- He shunned technological advancement and would of had been content with us staying in the bronze age
    - He was jealous (exodus 20:05, Deuteronomy 4:24, plenty others)
    - He was impulsive and on steroids (drowned the whole world then regretted it)
    - He was boastful (boasts about creating disabled, blind people, deaf people and and boasts about creating all the Evil in the world (Exodus 4:11 & Isaiah 45:7)
    - Was impulsive and vengeful (Killed people at whim)
    - He was childishly competitive

Now I was born-again and saved at 12 years old, I lost my faith at 21. I've been to more churches than you've been to clubs and I've read the bible back to back, studied it and can quote you yards of scripture

No one knows this about me. What they do know up is that I'm an an atheist. And I have been 9 years strong

With this background I've come to the conclusion that the God/Father of the old testament was a fucking cunt
    If he is the father in the trinity and the Jesus slash Son personality in the New Testament then he's more fucked up than i thought. An egotistical praise seeker.

Since he's been around for billions of years and holds the title of the ancient of days and has had an eternity to perfect leadership, I'd expect more from him as a leader than the request that his subjects merely worship him in return for special favors

Reminds me of the 'god' character in the film Mad Max with Tom Hardy

2. His name is YAWEH and Fuck him, and Fuck Allah too
    Monotheistic religions are bullshit creations of Men, Plagiarism of a plagiarism of a hearsay of an illusion

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm not even a Christian but it sounds like you haven't read much of the Bible. Your point of being impulsive is answered within the first 20 pages of Genesis.

• Like Like x 1

4. His name is Yaweh if you're speaking Aramaic lmao by your logic Julius Caesar should actually be called Gaivs Ivlivs Caesar and Caligula should be called Gaivs Avgvstvs Germanicvs Ivlivs Caesar.

5. I've studied the bible intensively, theologically, I had notes, a kings James bible, an Amplified bible and a new age bible in front of me whenever i read scripture

Care to elaborate

6. You said God impulsively flooded earth, though it is very clearly stated that he did it because the ways of mankind were sinful and he regretted creating it. It's implied that many generations have passed during the telling of this story, and the making of the Ark took around 500 years to create. For it to be impulsive, it would have to be a spur-of-the-moment decision though this is a decision he was dead set on for over 500 years.

• Like Like x 1
  7. And the fact that you have to say you theologically studied the Bible makes me doubt you even more. What other way is there to study it? It's a theological subject, so no shit you're gonna theologically study it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Then explain this

Genesis 6-7

The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So theLord said, "I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created-and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground-for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noahfound favor in the eyes of the Lord.

9. You just affirmed exactly what I said minus the dating.

10. There's a major difference between studying the bible and simply reading it, most people just read it and get what they get from it, I was on a theology class, on the path to become an preacher and an pastor. I was an evangelist at 17 preaching in local churches

11. The mere fact that he regretted his decision shows lack of restraint on his part, he planned this billions of years before and couldn't exercise selft restraint

• Like Like x 1
  12. Historical fiction. All of the Abrahamic religions are based upon such...

• Like Like x 1
  13. more then any of that, you are reading a book written by people who are telling you how they thought it went. with all of it, every bit, conjecture, written by man. so fuck ya it makes little sense, pisses you the fuck off and leaves you wondering just what in the entire fuck was going on with the world back then.

there is no way god approved any of what was written in the bible. no way. it was put down on paper in the very way it was for control. no more, no less. people were murdered, raped and enslaved on a regular basis in the good old forgotten days of yore. i see the murder that goes on today in the name of god and there is no damn way god is happy about that. yet there it is, written for all to see and all of it, every word written by man.

the bible is outdated. people of today are far more aware then they were 2000 years ago. it needs to be updated because back in the day most of the people it was written for couldn't read anyway. pretty crazy huh? the bible is nothing more then a tool used to enslave people in the name of god. to control them. level upon level of control. no matter how good or how bad you are, you are rewarded accordingly for your actions. cause and effect.

is there a god? ya, there is.

is god anything like one would find in any written book about god? no, not at all because god didn't write any of it.

god hasn't written any books on the subject of god or religion. people have. and there in lies the problem. i don't need anyone to tell me who or what god is. i have all of the same senses that they do. i can know god personally if i choose to. and i do. and that is ok. i can also choose to not know god and that too is ok. you know why? because it is possible. because it is experience. because it is.

imagine if people still thought the world was flat. imagine if people still thought the bible was relevant. it is ok to become more aware of god. to evolve and see more of god in ways you didn't before. here is my definition of why god exists. it is something Carl Sagan said and it has absolutely nothing to do with religion or god. "before we can make an apple pie from scratch, we must first create the universe."

14. The old testament is heavily influenced by the babylonians, sumerians etc

the babylonians believed strongly in the vengeful god(s)

15. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't say that I 100% agree...

I can say that this post IS 100% spot on.

Seriously nice post aj'! [​IMG]

16. Calm down everyone. Religion was created to control men before a stable government.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

17. Sade, everyone is calm. It is you who has lost your cool... It is you who needs to chill.

18. He works in mysterious ways, I mean surely there had to be a good reason to send the angel of death to kill the first born of any household that didn't put lambs blood on their entrance, right?.

19. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the need to mutilate baby genitals as part of your doctrine or the practice of executing an animal because some sick asswipe decided to fuck it. It's o.k to rape women as long as you marry them? What the actual fuck?

The list goes on and on.. and on and on and on.... add a few more ons. Yep, still going....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Do you actually believe in the stories conveyed by the Mormon doctrine?