I could see without eyes

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Mnemonicsmoke, Oct 10, 2009.

1. This might be in the wrong forum categorically but it might be in the right forum for people to know what the fuck i'm talking about...

I started noticing about a year ago that when I meditated I would start to see my own hands and legs folded beneath me I didn't think much of it except "cool"

about a year later (around now) I started just sitting in the water inside my tub in complete darkness. Every possible light source was extinguished and my eyes were closed.

A bit later I realized i could see my body and my hand movement inn this light blue glow. I"m sure my eyes could detect no light yet I was able to make out the edges between my joints and the movement of my stomach.

The only thing that was hard to make out, was my hands and my feet
    My upper body is very much clear blue suchness and what I see is in perfect correspondence with what i feel. I couldn't actually see anynything but say I saw my elbow and i went to touch that elbow i would feel my finger touching my elbow...this might be obvious
    Another neat thing was that anything my fingers traced on the walls became temporary glowing images.
    Last thing I wanna mention is that I can't see anything else that isn't in direct contact with my skin.

2. That's some crazy shit

3. :)

What type of meditation do you practice?

I had the complete opposite actually, my eyes were open and I couldn't see anything. Thanks for posting this because I can now make sense of my experience and actually know what it was.

4. You are not alone, I've experienced pretty much this exact same thing! :hello:

'Vision' extends beyond the eyes. Sight is not necessarily seeing.

With one thousand eyes, and one thousand hands, and eyes in your hands and hands in your eyes, your eyes and hands can take a rest. - A (meticulously distorted) Dharmatic proverb.

5. #5 KundaliniRising, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2009
    Its called astral site. You need astral site in order to see aura's, so you were able to see your aura/light body through your third eye/pineal gland. I'd keep up the meditation, you definitely have potential to be able to attain great ability, and you need to get those abilities while your alive, because once your dead, your soul can't progress any further, the body is like a school almost, yet due to spiritual deprivation cuz of some very cruel people who wanted to keep power away from the masses and in the hands of a select few, so many people are gonna die and end up having to reincarnate because the afterlife in the astral will be so dull with no ability, like being a paraplegic.

I have a story that's sorta relative. I was outside on a summer day meditating on my third eye and drawing energy directly from the sun. I was doing this for about an hour, and when I opened my eyes everything I saw was black and white, but I was in the woods where there was lots of different color, I looked around for a bit, then I blinked hard, and when I opened my eyes everything was back to normal. It was definitely an interesting occurence.

6. Thanks a lot guys for the encouragement, perhaps I will find more answers and even more questions in further meditation.

7. #7 Mnemonicsmoke, May 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
    I just realized i never answered your question

I have like no training

I just sit and breathe
    and like
    shift my consciousness
    by "surrendering"

and such
    How do you explain shifting your consciousness?
    its like if there are any thoughts in my mind then i do this thing where they have zero importance and then they go away, but you have to surrender any attachment to like how you might feel about these thoughts, and I really hate to try to explain it because thinking about how you meditate can be really counterproductive to meditation
    but I mean, it started off because in Tae kwon do, my instructor always had us meditate before training and I took it seriously so I um...sat and stuff

And thats really awesome you know what i'm talking about! Mhm...

I don't think of it as a third eye, but I know what you're talking about the black and white thingy

One time I was doing exactly what you were talking about but like though I was looking at the ground I could see a vibrant blue. I opened my eyes and then it was gone

and um you think you could give me like a concise definition of astral sight?

8. dude..... there is more people who experience this?

FUCK YA! GC RULES!

when i close my eyes, i honestly feel like i can see everything in the room i am in, like when i move my hands in front of my closed eyes i feel like i can see it and shit....

but i always have to convince myself that i am just too high :laughing:

9. Remember the neural pathway that got you to that state. Each time you practice you will become faster and faster. Look at others in the same way that you observed yourself and there you go... aura reading. Before you do though read up on grounding and cleansing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBEzplNTRSM]YouTube - Blind man walking[/ame]

10. I have been working on developing my astral sight for 6 months now daily and I too share the ability to see my body and others energy patterns with my eyes closed. It is not regular but more so in bursts but the bursts are lasting longer and longer as I keep practicing.

11. cool i gotsta try this

12. this is actually something I did sober, most of my meditating has been in the past and like sober. Only recently have I been able to blend cannabis and meditation.

Thats pretty cool you can do it stoned

Thats awesome, is this like a personal development sort of thing or is there some kind of method?

Will definitely read up on it, thanks

13. Ever heard someone saying,

"I'm hearing voices inside my head."

Same thing.

:)

One can hear without listening.
    One can see without looking.

14. Well there are many different methods that all work on the same principles. I'd recommend Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon for no BS instructions on those principles and the methods that come from them. The Mental training part of all the steps 1-8 in the Practical section of the book pertain to development of astral senses.

15. I see purple. <- Like that :)

It's what some might call your aura, or your chakras. I can see it with my eyes open or closed sometimes. It's much more noticeable during meditation.