Growing up spiritually

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by HighGrowMan, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Sometimes it feels like when you're growing up spiritually, the signs and signals are so funny, that you wonder if life isn't a big joke to some higher intelligence.

But then you realize that humor makes the world go round. If God didn't have a sense of humor where would we end up?

Unfortunately and fortunately, God gives every one their part in the play, each according to what they believe to be true.

Truth is God in the Highest, everyone that knows the truth knows God.

God is learning how to love in spite of all odds, and taking every thing one day at a time.

2. I disagree and agree. God is love but he is also hate. In my eyes the point of being is to experience. That includes good and bad. If there was no bad, how would we really know what good is? Bad is necessary but good is pleasant. God is learning to love by learning from hate. The problem is there are way more rocks than diamonds in the world and when we find them we cut em all up and forget their original beauty. kinda like religion...:rolleyes:

3. Thou Art God

(somebody please catch this reference :) )

4. i luv gawd, jesus died for my sins!7283

5. HighGrow, you know anything about the number sequence 11:11?

6. Dude why must you preach, its bad enough I have to kick those a'holes outta my doorway, now I come here to relax and its here to, just playing man, believe what you want. I lived 25 years without god and plan to die that way.

Humor makes the world go around for sure...amazing how god doesnt.

7. i think if god was some dude u could chill with he'd b kinda like a standup comedian that reallly knows how to use himself for material.

i guess i would kinda picture god as richard pryor or robin williams. lol.

i think spiritually ur not gonna get to far w/o a sense of humor either because it would be too rough of a road if u couldn't step back and laugh at it - and urself.

i always kinda imagine heaven will b like tripping w/god - with everybody - like one of those really intense acid convos - but with all of existance.

acid can get very funny in a way .

but i am always concerned with god and that sort of shit tripping - so - i guess that might be why.

8. I have always had but one question regarding this so-called "God"
    If he is the creator of all, who or what created him?
    And I apologize to anyone I offended, I am simply stating my views on the subject.

9. I also agree and disagree with what you said. :)

but that's wisdom for you. lol

bad is good, because it was made by the lord and all things he has made are good.

it's like all the cops are criminals, and all the sinners saints.

10. Well we are god. Everything that "is" is a part of god. So the real question you are asking is why the rules of nature are the way they are? What caused all of this stuff that "is" to act and react the way it does. The Point to being is to experience. Good, bad, old, young. Its like evolution...new things. Our existence along with everything we know has followed the path of experiencing new things the only other option is to become stagnant.

I guess thats how far I've gotten with that question thought I'm still a young disciple of a very old universe...hopefully i'll have a better answer in the future.

11. This is a cool viewpoint. :)

12. Viewpoint of Satanism :)