Look Into Tripping Eyes

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Go trip. Look into your eyes in the mirror. It struck me one time that I was actually looking into something that takes in all light, and gives off none whatsoever (your pupils). Further, you're looking into your own, which are looking back out at yours through the mirror. Could anything be blacker?

2. i doubt id remember to do this if im tripping. i see what your saying though. your pupil reflects little light. It appears black because most of the light entering the pupil is absorbed by the tissues inside the eye. Thats not to say it absorbs all light.

3. Do pupils actually let out any?

4. The pupil its reflects little light if any. The cornea refracts light, and helps the eye to focus.<sup id="_ref-Goldstein_0" class="reference"></sup> The cornea contributes more to the total refraction than the pupil does.

5. ive done this many many times, its really reall weird!

i looked into my eyes one time on shrooms and i literally scared myself shitless, im not sure why or how, i was just looking into my eyes, and about a minute later i got so freaked out i couldnt look at myself again...

theres something weird about it. im going to get a photograph of my eye takn next time i trip, ive always wanted to.

6. haha Hopefully no flash of course. :p

7. I have a picture here of me looking at myself, the main part of the shroom trip was over and I was still getting vibrations but I was pretty much coming down. Its a really strange feeling looking at yourself, and looking at this photo still brings it back to me (the feeling of not recognizing yourself apart from through the eyes, which in themselves you see more than you ever have before), but I have a very strong connection with eyes. Eyes show the soul, as the old cliche goes.

Heres the pic if anyone is interested btw

[​IMG]

8. Yep, I agree, there are few things as cool as looking deep into your own eyes tripping. Try it on 2C-E. If you can even see any color other than black there I'll mail you a quarter. :p

9. when i looked into my eyes on shrooms that time, it looked like they were spinning and moving on their own, in all kinds of directions, i coudlnt focus strait, and it looked like my eyes were moving independently of eachother. i ws fucking freaked out because id looked at them to make sure i was ok to go for a walk and then got scared people would see them moving and going crazy and think i was crazy. i felt really shitty til they "stopped" spinning and moving like that. ive never seen them do that again, so i cna only guess it was all in my mind.

10. haha Everything in life is a lesson. Why try magic mushrooms if you just doubt what they're showing you? Maybe that's how they always are, and normal people just don't notice? Besides, I think other people would find it cool. :p

11. nah dude, it was weird. it happened in a two week period when i ate mushrooms in excess of 5 times. i was in my room just getting on with my research and when it came time to go smoke a cig, my eyes were litereally going in opposite directions. i was having pretty intense object movement, and no depth perception at all, so my eyes could well have been moving out of sequence with eachother, but it wasnt til i saw them actually moving on their own, that i also realized i could feel their individual movement, like, i could FEEL my eyes moving like crazy, and i was so focussed on my eyes not giving me away, so all combined, it scared me, but interested me to this day, as i could never recreate the scenario.

i never doubted that it wasnt real, its just very extreme for your eyes to stop moving in sequence with eachother, and at the time, i wasnt really aware that i could do that, although i guessi must be able to deep down (wich i could on command, that would be pretty neat)

however, i do have a lot of theories on eye movement and hallucination, and i definately am of the beleif that the reason blue and purple play a major role in the color spectrum seen while tripping is because your pupils are dilated to recieve different light frequencies not seen in regular conditions, thus causing blue or puple hues to otherwise normal colored objects. i feel liek i can see ultraviolet light when on mushrooms, and have observed extremely odd things happen, but am sure they are not in my head, and rather, due to my eyes dilation.

12. haha Good thoughts indeed. Actually, when I trip on a high vibration I can hear rooms with no appliances on whatsoever. I can hear airplanes hundreds of miles away. I can see ultraviolet light. The more you want to notice, the more you will. Pay attention to everything. It's all there for a reason. You're tripping for a reason, remember?

13. yeaa, the thing about appliances (the sound of static, or a high pitched buzzzing) is definately true. you can hear electricity and feel electromagnetic fields 100% if your looking or know what to look for. i do a lot of self experimentation when on mushrooms.

14. careful..dont get stuck...hahaha

15. I get that when I'm really really blazed. Sometimes it gives me a really sore head, and I just have to escape from it..