C99 Strain Review - W/Pics

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by mjmama25, Jul 16, 2011.

1. #1 mjmama25, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
    C99 is a Sativa dominant hybrid that is available from seed or clone, although the seeds are becoming harder and harder to find. I purchased mine as clones from the Golden State Patient Care Canna Club in Northern CA. The clones were very well rooted when I brought them home (more so than most strains purchased from the same club). They also clone very easily, making for great mother plants. When taking batches of clones from multiple strains, C99 has rooted the fastest.

She grows fast and tall, up to 10 ft outdoors in a single grow season. With sparsely placed large fan leaves this strain has an amazing bud to leaf ratio. Trimming goes very fast. I would definitely recommend this strain to anyone with arthritis who doesn't want to spend hours trimming tiny sucker leaves come harvest time. Speaking of harvest time, C99 flowers in as little as 7 weeks, making her one of the fastest finishing Sativas on the market.

Now for the buds. C99's is a very intense smoke. It can almost make you too high if you aren't a seasoned smoker. I felt a lot of pressure in my head when smoking this strain all day. She's more of a one hitter quitter. It can be a racy high, and leans towards the visual trippy side. Her buds are dense, frosty, and light green with orange hairs. She definitely has bag appeal. The taste is mildly skunky and a little sweet. Very smooth hitting, so you aren't likely to cough too much with C99. Not too much munchies either, so it may not be the best strain for a nausea patient. I would, however, recommend this strain for mood disorders, depression and anxiety. It's a very uplifting high. All that said, C99 will definitely be in my garden next year.

Attached Files:

2. The holy grail eh. Very nice, prolly one of my top 5 cannabis plants to grow. I wish I could get ahold of an orginal grim cut :devious:

3. I'm not sure what cut/pheno I have, but I love this strain. Can't wait to harvest some more of her.

4. Really appreciate detailed and well written smoke reports like this one.
    Very good!

5. ive heard a lot of good about this strain.wish i could get seeds for it!!!!
    here in the uk i cant get no clones unfortunately!!

6. It's a tough call. If you get one good female to make a mother out of you'll be happy. This strain clones really well. I've heard nothing but good things about the strain, but of course I got mine from clone so I have no experience growing her from seed.

7. looks great sounds good and I cant wait to get my hands on some

u say u have a mother plant of this strain now as we speak???

u could always make some seeds it will take 2 or so cycles but my be very worth the effort since it seems this is a dieing strain from back in the day and it is the holy grail of MJ...........

8. The only problem is I don't have a male. I would have to cross her with something else. Pretty much the only strain I have males of are bagseed and some headband kush crosses.

9. WOW mama ah ha ha sorry couldn't help it

no mama there is a way to make fem'd powder if have clones but it will take 2 cycles to make quality seeds I'll pm u with some info K

10. Cool. I'm new to breading so I don't know all the advanced tricks yet. Well when it comes to breading cannabis that is ;)

The first time I tried to make seeds I didn't even leave the males long enough to release pollen so I harvested expecting a bunch of seeds and got sensemillia. So the opposite of what happens to most people, lol.

11. I ordered some Satori and Northern Lights from everybodydoesit (EDIT) seed bank. I got 4 freebies, all from FemaleSeeds - 2 of them are Cindy '99 'Outdoors' and Cindy '99 'Hybrid'. EDIT is a UK-based company, so you that live there CAN get C99 seeds, if ya wanna.
    Just thought I'd pass it along.

12. you have proved once again why you are my hero.. great grow! :smoke:

13. LOL, thanks man. I still have a lot to learn, but I love growing. Every crop I grow I think how I can't wait till the next one to apply everything I learned this go 'round.

14. perfection can always be perfected on...lol...

15. Nah, my current grow was far from perfect. I only got a couple jars full from that bagseed plant. I just chopped. I need to get batteries for my scale, but it can't be more than a couple ounces. REALLY disappointing for that size of a plant. But being so crowded, they were practically only the top colas with almost zero undergrowth. Next season I'm growing much fewer plants in the same space and will probably yield more that way. But I'm going to start earlier in the season too.

16. just as an experiment, if you have the time to put the effort in, you should start a plant now to put outside next year. let it veg all winter and then veg even more when you put her outside in march or april... i have always been curious if this would give you a 5 pound plant.. i can't grow outside at all so i have never been able to try.

17. I would like to do that. I have 2 C99, 2 Green Crack, 2 Purple Urkle, 1 headband, and 1 Cotton Candy up in a closet that ideally I would like to take clones from all winter, and then put them out in the spring to see how big they get. I doubt I'll ever get a 5 pound plant here because I don't get full sun all day. But I want to see how close I can come. At this point I'd be thrilled with 1 pound per plant.

18. After growing a good variety of strains this season, I still like C99 the best. I had Purple Urkle, Headband, Lemon Wreck, Cotton Candy, Green Crack, and some kind of fruity purple bagseed. Nothing came out as good as the C99. It's just the perfect strain.

19. would you say it would be good for indoor in a setup like mine? how long was flowering?