CCs Smoke Report/Review - K-Train (w/Pics)

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by CloudsOfChronic, Jun 21, 2013.

1. #1 CloudsOfChronic, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    G'day fellas, :smoke:
    Recently got a pick-up that I've been thoroughly enjoying. I saw there hasn't been any comprehensive smoke reports on the 'K-Train' aside from Fresh Jive's, so I thought I'd have a little pitch in. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of GreenHouse Seeds and their genetics/the way they do business, but I do have to say they have a few nice selections here and there; like their original Trainwreck for example, and of course, the K-Train.
    The way Shiva Blaster laid out his smoke reports was the easiest to accustom to personally, so I'll be using his as a template, and will most probably continue to do so in the future. Many thanks ShivaB!

SMOKE REPORT/REVIEW - GHSC K-TRAIN

INFO
    Tester: CloudsOfChronic.
    Breeder: GreenHouse Seed Co.
    Grower: A good friend.
    Strain: K-Train (OG Kush x Trainwreck).
    Method Smoked: Through a glass bong, mixed with tobacco.

APPEARANCE
    Very impressive bag appeal, not disappointing at all. Due to over-drying bag appeal probably came out even better. You get a lot for the weight you pay for, stems are minimal, and the buds look great. Not very sticky, but full of resin. Dark and light green with dominant orange hairs and red/yellow/white hues.

One a scale of 1-10:
    Density: 8 - Not the densest I've encountered, but very rock hard, especially in the big flowers.
    Bag Appeal: 9 - Exceptionally appealing.
    Trichome Production: 8 - Lot's of thc, inside and out, frosty is almost an understatement.

SMELL
    The smell of this strain is just beautiful, a very complex mix of sweet, piney, earthy but very mellow scents. The smell isn't a 'hit you in the face when you take a whiff' type of smell, it's more of a creeper just like it's buzz, that fills a room with it's scent gradually. The reason I'm giving the smell a 7 is because it isn't as present as many would expect, the bag appeal is so impressive that when you open it up you expect a smell that will fill up your nose, when instead it's not as there as expected. This is some very beautiful smelling cannabis regardless!

On a scale of 1-10:
    Smell: 7 - A complex but not too strong smell, just one whiff is enough to get anyone's mind and body craving it, enough said. Doesn't have the sharp scent of the OG Kush, so could be an option for growers that want a strong OG but don't want the intense smell whilst growing/drying/packaging.

TASTE
    The taste is a treat, many articles determine K-Train has a kush taste, but the stuff I'm smoking sticks with the classic musky trainwreck flavour, the OG doesn't really pull through. Tangy earthy musk aftertaste that goes from the mouth to the nose. The taste, like the high, is much sharper than the smell.

On a scale of 1-10:
    Flavour: 7 - I'm a little to familiar with the 'wreck' taste, so the flavour isn't too much for me. Pleasant aftertaste on the pallet.
    Smoothness: 9 - Very smooth, amazing inhale/exhale. The type of stuff that's enjoyable to hold in your lungs. I'm certain the kush contributes to the smooth smoke.

BUZZ
    K-Train has a quality high with a unique buzz. The breeding efforts were well worth it, quite a choice of genetics and a lot of care put into the production. If you're looking for an extra strong, euphoric strain that will enable you to complete tasks creatively but feel 100% stoned whilst doing so, this is the perfect medicine for you!
    With the genetics of OG and Train, the high hits fast and strong, and gradually builds up over the next 10-15 minutes, leaving your joints and muscles relaxed. One bowl is enough to induce even a massaging feeling in certain parts of the body. This is followed by hazy vision, inert relaxation, inspiration, heavy confusion, and shit loads of paranoia if smoked in large amounts.
    The buzz is simply addictive, after one hit you're body craves more. My best interpretation on this strain would be a dog chasing it's tail, when K-Train is smoked you never get to achieve you're goal and satisfaction, but have fun the whole time doing so. I'm sure this is entitled through the sativa genetics with the clear indica dominance. Keeps you happy and high but couch locked regardless.
    The downsides for me on this strain was the amount of body high it delivers, I've been spending way too much time sitting around justifying to myself that what I'm doing is productive, very lazy strain. I'm an indica fan personally but when I'm stoned I like to know I'm stoned, with the K-Train my mind stays racing and confused while my body remains in a heavy stone, this strain sure has the potential to fuck with beginner's minds. To top that off, the comedown isn't too pleasant.
    Overall the K-Train's high is more enjoyable for the seasoned, it may be too confusing and hard hitting on the body/mind for apprentice tokers. Seen lot's of rookies flake out on trainwreck genetics, and the kush doesn't seem to help..

Buzz profile: 40% head, 60% body.
    Buzz length: 2-3 hours.

On a scale of 1-10:
    Potency: 9 - A very strong trainwreck-dominant strain, potency is high.
    Quality of buzz: 7 - Too much of a body stone for a regular daytime smoke, perfect after-work buzz.

SUMMARY
    All in all this strain came out as a very good smoke, the sample I purchased was a little too dry, but I'm not one to complain about that. Where I'm from cannabis is usually damp hydroponic headache weed, it's good to see some growers putting love into their plants over here. This certain batch came untouched by human hands and any bacteria, they use gloves/surgeon masks when trimming/handling/drying/curing, very impressed.
    I would have rated an 8 if the body stone wasn't so heavy, you literally have to smoke another bowl every 20 minutes to stay awake/moving, I'm sure many people would appreciate this level of relaxation but it's just not me. I'm also sure if my product was the slightest bit less dry I would've been able to enjoy it more.

Here's an excerpt from 'Leafly' on the K-Train:
    "K Train is a mostly indica strain that was developed by Greenhouse Seeds as a cross between OG Kush and Trainwreck. These parents are both popular in their own right and were chosen to try and combine their prized effects: the muscle-relaxant qualities of Kush with the lucid mental buzz that Trainwreck induces. Once you get on the K Train, be prepared to sit back and relax with something creative for a while. Thanks to its potency, it's a popular medical choice to treat depression, stress disorders, and pain for patients who want to relax without total sedation. Still a strong indica, the K Train hits you hard and fast and may prove to be an intense ride for some. These plants are easy to grow and should flower in 9 weeks with the oversized buds that are characteristic of its Trainwreck lineage. K Train's Kush genetics dominate the aroma, making it sweet and earthy with a hint of black liquorice."

On a scale of 1-10:
    Smoke Rating: 8 - A beautiful smoke, but a little too intense to be appreciated by some individuals.
    Overall GHSC - K-train Rating: 8

PICTURES
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clouds :bongin:

2. Any input fellow blades? :)

3. loos like rock nugs! :yay: