Black Berry

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Mixted, Jan 27, 2013.

1. image.jpg

Strain:Black berry (Sativa seeds)
    Sellers' Description: Sativa Seeds Blackberry comes from Blackberry's mother, Black Domino, who was a clone sent to the Netherlands from the area around Seattle. It's father is Nirvana's very own Raspberry Cough. Domino's tight leaf structure has been preserved well in this hybrid. Blackberry smoke is thick and heavy with subtle hints of Asian Sativa flavours. Yields are very good for a strain that already displays so many desirable traits. It takes Blackberry 11 weeks or less to flower and her cannabis seeds can be cultivated both indoors and outdoors. Blackberry is a relaxing stone with a high THC of 15-24%.

Type : Sativa
    Flowering : Photoperiod
    Genetics : Black Domina x Raspberry Cough
    Flowering Time : Medium
    Outdoor Harvest : September
    Height : Tall
    THC Level : High

Medium: Soil (FFOF)
    Light: 1000 MH/HPS
    Nutes: FFTB, FFBB
    Yield: poor.
    Bag Appeal: 7/10 Average.
    Smell: 6/10 nothing berry about it, had a very netural flavor.
    Taste: 7/10 Had better but have had much worse average at best.
    The High: 9/10 really nice high. Really stoney Perfect for insominacts as it put me to sleep every time it was used at night.

Comments: This plant matched none of the sellers description. Both seeds I planted showed almost identical traits, a very short plant with very large main colas. After 4 weeks of veg these gals never reached over 18 inches, a height that they reached in only three weeks, in flowering they all reached a whoping height of 24 inches. The main colas (I topped them to maximize yield) on average produced about .5 Oz each with the plant total of about 1.5 Oz. not a very high yeilder. The leaf to bud ratio leaned more to the leaf side. Had almost no smell when flowering. Overall I was really dissapointed The only saving grace to this strain for me was the high and the uniformity the plants gave to the garden. Really potient stuff just had a regular look and smell to it. Personally I would buy this strain to smoke but would not waste my time growing it again (not at 9.20USD per seed) One other thing I am kinda jared about is their marketing of this strain. when you look up seeds for it only picture they show you is a huge purple bud. Yes you will get a huge bud like that but in the plants I grew no part of the plant turned any kind of color under any purple enhancing condition, even though the purple walrus was growing in teh same room and it turned.

Great high less than average plants.

2. Very nice review, Mixted. Cool to hear the high was good. I've been thinking of growing this strain for years; seedbank photos always catch my eye. That is weird the purple didn't show up. How many phenos does this plant have?! Isn't this strain a hybrid of indica and sativa? Great comments you shared. Thanks again.

3. Normally when it comes to the photos they pick the very best they have ever had. As far as this strain goes they were all really short I was expecting larger plants here is a pic of early flowering I place all my plants in at 18 inches from the pot as you can see these are the small ones in the back they never got big even though they were grown under the same conditions. Really good high but low yields out of these seeds. I planted a couple different seeds and they all showed the same traits

Also something I forgot to mension is that this strain took a really long cure to loose that harsh grassy taste. 20121101_161943.jpg