Is my seedling okay? (Curled cotyledon)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by the big smoke, Jul 23, 2009.

1. #1 the big smoke, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
    Here's the image. My first two seedling attempts both had a problem where they stopped growing and then died right at this point in their development, so I'm being super paranoid this time around. Before croaking their cotyledon curled under like so and I am worried that this seedling will die the same way. What's going on, or is this totally normal?

[​IMG]

I'm probably just being paranoid. Parameters are all within "acceptable" ranges.

I give them distilled water that is pH 6.0, it is 79F in the room, the light above is 42w CFL 6500k, if that matters.

other info:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...rst-grow-cfl-bubble-dwc-scrog-seeds-pics.html

2. relax.

what you described sounded like dampening off which is most times caused by overwatering I have found.

your sprout looks fine ..Coyts do wierd stuff ..and it is thier destiny to yellow and die in the first few weeks. and as a new grower you watch every little thing worring, mostly in the first 2-3 weeks before you, and your plants get the chance to settle into a schedule, and all sorts of changes happen during that time.

It will be feel the same for the first couple weeks flowering too, as you worry about sexing, hermies, and stretch.

don't worry you will get used to it , and start to relax.

peace and good luck

3. @wharfrat74 Thanks, I had suspected and hoped for as much. When you're new and the little buggers are so small and delicate and you just want them to live and not die everything can seem like a turn for the worse. At least the other sprout looks happy all the time...

4. mine are curling the opposite way and yellowing