Strane Growth!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by B-Town Bud, Feb 27, 2009.

1. #1 B-Town Bud, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    So I just noticed this were growth on my plant I'm not sure if it is normal or something is going on the are still vegging in an 18-6 cycle they are about a month and a few weeks old but I'm not sure what this growth is. As you can see it is coming out of the main stem right where the big fan leaves grow from what is it? I don't think it is showing sex at least I hope not but any ideas guy?

Attached Files:

2. commiserations, i think its a boy in photo 4, 5, 6.

3. Will the show there sex before you throw them in to flowering? And what makes you think it is male? Just curious my first time growing so this is all new to me. Because on another plant the same think i think happened and a leaf appeared. SO if it is a male I wont effect the other plant until I put them in to flower right?

4. yep cut them down and burn them they r no good

5. #5 OGkush420, Feb 27, 2009
    Its a male for sure,you can see a pollen sack,and mature plants can show theyre sex before flowering. Maybe it could be a hermie,have you stressed the plant at all,with its light cycle or anything? Im pretty sure they could go hermie from the genetics even though they arent flowering yet.

6. #6 B-Town Bud, Feb 27, 2009
    Will it affect the other ones before I put them into flowering and are you 100% sure it is male No I have not stressed them I have topped them but thats it. I have keep a constant 18-6 light cycle but I thikn they are males as well. Is it a problem if the sacks have popped or opened?

7. The shit is bananas

8. More pics form different plant that i think is male

Attached Files:

9. nice lookin plant but it is a male.

If i were you I'd cut the sacks off, dry, then freeze them in case you want to breed sometime.

I would cut it down and get rid of it as soon as possible so it doesn't spread the pollen around.

good luck:)

10. Can males pollinate in Veg?

11. I'm near sure it's possible.
    You can see female pistils before switching to 12/12 light. Why not male sacks? Plus, males mature and grow faster than females. If you are growing a crop of regular seeds (male and female), you will notice that the male will grow faster and look stronger that the female.