Root Rot Help Me!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DroMan23, Apr 5, 2008.

1. i noticed some very minor orange spots on some of my roots, more orange/brownish theres only about 3 spots on all the roots out of my 9 plants, but i read it can spread and ruin ure whole crop. How do i go about treating this!!!!

I need to treat it asap i read hydrogen peroxide will kill the bacteria and can save them in early stagesi dont want to start snipping roots until i try this

plzz help help help

2. I do not have much experience in fixing root rot, but I would try a vitamin hormone like super thrive before trying hydrogen peroxide or cutting.
    I am copying and pasting this from another site -

"
    Root Rot
    What causes root rot? Low Oxygen levels. (DO) Desolved Oxigen. Temp's are the main reason for root rot, Low temps will lower the DO levels and high temps will cause low DO levels. Keeping temps between 65 to 72 will allow MAX DO levels or max o2 for roots. (Thank you so much for the information syko2! has provided above!)
    Over watering also causes root rot, Root Rot infects parts of the roots, which then spread infecting the whole roots causing death, Root Rot can be caused by to high of temps in hydro as well as over watering. Not enough drainage in your soil can cause Root Rot, even signs of it looking over watered, because the soil holds moisture to long for the roots to dry out. So these 3 things are all connected together. The main one that causes everything is over watering. Once you find out you have root rot, depending on how bad the problem is, you can add H202( Hydrogen Peroxide) with your water or hydro setup to kill the bacteria caused from root rot. If the plant is severely taken over by it, there are only a few things you can do, cut off the roots affected by it depending on if its hair roots or tap roots, use H202 mixed with water in a different bucket and use it for a dip to help kill off bacteria before putting it back in the system, also note the system needs to be cleaned out if you have root rot.... using products like sm90 will kill off the root rot, using h202 in your system does more harm than good, it kills off the bad bacteria and good thus creating a worse off problem after the h202 has been overran, h202 if used in a hydro/aero system must be replaced everyday due to it disapating from the air. After it disaptes the plants defensive system has been killed off by the h202 causing the root rot that was not killed by the h202 left and thus overruns the plants root system. So again h202 should never be used in the hydro system, be kept in the system, although it is safe to use to rid of algae growth in rockwool and other mediums, but never be used in with the root zones regularly. Sm90 is a good product you can use to kill off root rot. Hydroguard helps protect and there are many other products that work as well, hydroguard is one of the more popular ones that work.

To prevent Root Rot, adding product's like Thrive Alive B-1, See Weed, Super thrive will help protect your plant's from root rot and will help cure root problems. ( Again ty so much for giving me the info syko2!!!)

Here is what root rot looks like: 4eBig thanks goes out to buzz, diggerdigzit and Shop Vac! Thanks for the pics guys! :tup:
    First pic is of to high temps in the bubbler: Last 2 pics came from chemical burn root rot first pic, moldy rock wool with root rot.
    "

Edit:
    Since you already have a thread going on about this subject, at the very least use the search button before posting it again.

3. If you have a hydro system then change your water and add 10mil hydrogen peroxide per one gallong of fresh water and flush for a bit. Then drain and refill with fresh water/nute solution. If you like you can add 5mil of hydrogen peroxide per one gallon to this to clean them more, if you do just make sure that you change the water completely again after three or so days.
    Best wishes, good luck!;)

4. thnx alot guyz,

last nite i panicked and winged it , i bought some 3% peroxide and mixed some with water in a spray bottle , soaked da shit out my roots, cleaned out my res with the H2O2 and rinsed out thoroughly, cleaned my air curtain. Than i put a fresh batch or ph corrected water in my res, added 10ml of H2O2 to my res and turned off half my lights to bring down temps. Think ima switch to 18/6 to keep temps down a bit more, been looking for a floatable thermo need one now haha...

i check my wwater temp regularly with my finger, when it feels a bit warm i pop a ice cube or 2 in and it cools it down... i figure when i start flowering which will be very soon temps will go down much more.

how effective do u tihnk wat i did is??? gues ill find out in a day or 2 huh

thnx again for input guyz!!!

5. ay should i wait until i see progress with the roots curing before i add more nutes???

6. How did it go?