accidentally snapped off top cola

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ricslat, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I,m devastated...
    10 days into flowering...
    while waking her from her sleep,
    I snapped her while pulling her from her dark corner in the barn.
    decapitated top 6\" of 3\' supermodel elle\'...
    clean break, she felt no pain.
    she was 90 days old...
    I planted the cola in rain soaked miracle grow.
    put bubble gum over the jutting stem above her shoulders.
    she now sits in full sun with no head...I\'m devastated.
    should I send her back to veg?
    this is my first grow and first post so if I do things wrong correct me please.
    is there anyone with this unbelievably gut wrentching circumstance.
    my day is ruined

2. did you lose any bud? or just some little flowers?

3. like it says I busted top 6\" of my prize filly this morning while pulling her from her dark hole 7:40:23 am cst. I\'m sick.. she was 10 days into flower, she was 3\'6\"...now
    she is 3\'. she was 90 days old... today... excuse me i\'m verclempt. help

4. how do i quick reply...just little fowers 3 of them she has about 25 bright flower tips not sure of tech term...now she has ~22.

5. The good news is that she probably won\'t DIE. LST her and get some bigger buds on the lower nodes.

6. should i go back to veg for the rest of the summer with her

7. I lost little flowers ~6. she looks ok i\'m shure she is in shock. do i continue flower? back to veg? did i just do one big top prune.

8. Vegging her will stunt your already stunted yield - keep her going on 12/12. She\'ll be ok.

9. that\'s what i figured...thanx...will the lower buds be better?...do you think the cola will root? there are 6 flower heads on it. wouldn\'t it be like a clone?

10. That would be an interesting experiment. It will probably root, but will take a long time to do so. Try it! If you tie down some limbs horizontally to induce other buds to grow upward, they will become colas too.

11. her head looks like a weeping willow in the pot.. I have some plants on 24/7
    I will put her head in there a night, sun durring day, If she makes it, may be a good thing? right now i\'m devastated...looking for silver but all i see is lineing.
    oh well, god bless and happy birthday AMERICA,

12. Press On
    your only 10 days in, NO WORRIES, as in the practice of LST method when the top cola is tied down there is a race to be top cola by the secondary colas

same thing will happen with your plant, another cola will quickly take over and demand most of the nutes to become top cola

13. If she ever gets up again should i 24/7 or leave her out. my guess is 24/7 at night, outside durring day, I have plenty of open space

14. no forget the 24/7 reveg, it stresses the plant, and it takes 2-3 weeks to switch back
    youll loose more yield messing around.....as I stated press on with the bud cycle

15. I mean the cola back to 24/7. do you mean if the cola rebounds to keep it in 12-12 cycle? or can i just leave her outdoors? where i live the photo period is ~15-9 I have some plants on12-12 like she was and her body still will be, I have some 6 weekers on 24-7.. where should her head go?

16. you can attempt to reveg the cola, but you will need ALL THE ADVANTAGES at your disposal, a humidity cloning dome , SUPERthrive, & heating pad.
    dont be dissapointed if it doesnt root, when the plant is in the flowering cycle, it doesnt want to root well & you almost have to wait till the clone reverts to veg, which presents the time frame issue....can the clone sustain itself long enough to root

it can be done

17. that\'s the question of this black tuesday. she broke between alt nodes so just above soil there is a branch with flower head protruding and still perky...
    fan leaves drooping, the main stem then goes up to the cola with ~ 6 flower heads all wilted and drooping 4 or 5 small branches the same I assume i can fashion a dome and i have a heating pad...is superthrive a rooting hormone?
    should she go to 24-7 i assume so.have you ever done this?

18. SUPERthrive is a vitaim B1 compound that will perk her up from the stress.available at most garden centers & hydro shops

& Im sorry I did forget to mention the rooting hormone

19. ok i will put some sort of a dome over her, look for a super thrive type thing , i read epsom salt helps so i will sprinkle a little into the soil , and put her under floros at night...again my first grow and i have never cloned before. If she makes it... i will cannonize her and she will become mother Z and will be the most spoiled plant in the garden... if she makes it. thanx I will keep all informed...I will be online all day any suggestions will be much appreciated.

20. well she is hanging on...growing conditions are 85 deg and 90%humidity it\'s warm here i assume the dome was to keep it humid...no need for that. when strong enough i will tplant to 5gal and let natural photo period do rest. think she\'ll go hermie??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.