Flowering with problems Phosphorus or Cal Mag issue possibly

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bh1166, Jan 1, 2016.

1. #1 bh1166, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
    Sweetooth AUTO Grow Started 11-10-15

Hempy Grow - 100% vermiculite with some hydroton in the bottom of bucket

400w HPS running 18 on 6 off

Temp 75-80F lights on and 68-70F lights off

Water is 70ppm from the tap PH 7.3 - 7.5. I generally do not air out my water, but put in 1 gallon milk jug add nutes NEVER more than 1/2 strength from bottle recommendations, check and adjust ph and water my girls.

Water/Feed 2x3 times a day with run off each time using GH Micro, Gro, Bloom PH 5.6-5.8@ 520PPM including H20 @ 70PPM. PH in run off 5.9 - 6.2

Flushed at first sign of issue just as bud sights appeared around 4 weeks in. Issue remained for a while in only the larger lower leaves, but now is appearing in upper and today noticed white hairs on main cola are turning brown. Stems on leaves with the spots, light tips, etc are red/purple, the unaffected leaves are all green. The red/purple stems seem to have a flold/crevass in them running from leaf to main stalk...not mushy or weak, just a crevice. Also, the growth seems to have come to a crawl..not stretching anylonger, buds are not swelling and no trichomes that I can see...some smell, but not much. I did LST main trunk 45 degrees and tie it and others limbs down and out to get better light. I have flushed 3 times over past 4 weeks trying to slow this down with PH water only and fed just PH water for a day each time after flush..no nutes just 5.8ph 70ppm tap water.

I have checked the PPM and PH of the runnoff and PH is going up ( reason why I run nutes at PH 5.6), and PPM goes DOWN 200 overnight, 12 hours from last water/feeding before lights out e.g. 520 PPM in , 300 PPM runoff 12 hours later.

My thoughts....calmag issue since my tap water is only 70. Also I am in a new city and all grows prior no issue, but two grows this location, issue!! The only difference for me is tap water, all other things the same since I grow in a BC Northernlights cabinet for past 6 years. I bought some GH CaliMagic on the ready if the community thinks this is the issue. I did my research, and I be dang if it don't always look like I have every issue by the looks of my plant ( I only grow one at a time). Seriously, the other idea I had was Phosphorus deficiency. I see by some sick plant guides the purple stem, hollow stem ( mine are VEE shaped , a fold/crease in the red/purple ones), not so sure my leaves look like the ones in the guides for Phosphorus deficiency, but the red/puple stem and change in shape of stem.

I just flushed with 1 gallon of PH water and have two gallons sitting out ready to do what might be necessary to save my grow. I just checked both ph pens with 4.0 and 7.0 reference solution and both were spot on. Also checked TDS pen with 1000PPM reference solution and it is spot on as well.

Thanks in advance for your help and Happy New Year ! Lots of pictures of the one sick girl.

Attached Files:

2. Bump....HELP !!!

3. I was having the same problem but in soil I dosed mine up with bloom feed that I'm using and it seems to improving I think mine was a phosphorus diffencie I could be wrong tho