Attitude Seeds used credit card to buy iPad???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Robotic, Mar 26, 2010.

1. I just got a call from my credit card company and they called to verify a purchase of an iPad from the UK... I just recently purchased seeds from Attitude a couple days ago and them being from the UK leaves me to believe someone got a hold of the credit card number and used it for the iPad.

I know a lot of people have gone through Attitude and had no issues, but this seems really fishy to me. Anyways, I got them to cancel this purchase and freeze my account.

2. was the price differnt then the seeds. I know when i ordered from nirvana they had my purchase listed as an ipod. but it wasnt attitude:confused:

3. Hey man they probably just listed it as an ipad as to not incriminate you, their paying customer. :D ;) :wave: :smoking:

4. My credit card company said there was a purchase the day before from Attitude for the correct amount, but the next day (last night) there was another charge from the itunes store verifying the credit card for the purchase of an iPad.

5. I would call your credit card company and have them do a charge back. You might have to write a letter and sign it saying you didn't purchase an ipad but that's it. Cc companies will side with you practically every time with these scenarios. As long as it doesn't happen all the time you're straight bud.

6. Yeah its all good now, I just got off the phone with my CC company who called me and said did you make this purchase. Just a pain in the ass when you have to deal with these things, and now I have to wait to get my new card in the mail...

7. #7 Grasshumper, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
    ok here is another fact the first time i ordered from the tude something similar happened i ordered something for 51.33 and that cleared the next day i checked my card and there was a 51.77 hold on my card on top of the 51.33 i sent them a email they sent this email stating that it was my bank holding the money and it happens all the time. after a week the loot was back like they said it would, but the next time i ordered no hold. so:confused: maybe it is for first time purchasers. but i did get money back without making claims or calls.

> From: theattitude@hotmail.co.uk
    > To: smittyssprinklers@hotmail.com
    > Subject: Re: Online Form: charged my card twice
    > Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:01:52 +0000
    >
    > Hi there
    >
    > We have checked our payment system and you have only been charged once for
    > your Order, we also never have access to your card information so can not
    > charge you.
    >
    > This is a pre authorization amount added by your bank, always a concern to
    > customers.
    >
    > This will be automatically removed in 24-72 hours, however let us know if
    > you have any problems with this.
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Rachel
    >
    > The Attitude

8. Is it the same charge (amount)? I wouldn't freak out about this. They're a well respected outfit and don't need your CC to buy an iPad.

9. This is why I always use a "virtual credit card" for any and all online purchases (not just for seeds). My CC company allows me to generate a one time use only 'fake' CC number that has a specified dollar limit to it which is linked to my actual CC account. This way when I make a purchase, no one sees my actual CC number to use for later, and the CC number they do see can only be used once and only for a certain amount. Once the original purpose is made for the proper amount, the fake number is deleted so it can't be used again.

10. Balla'.

11. That's effin' sweet man!

12. i dont think attitude would do that.. unless u ordered without https.. and maybe someone is hacking them... depends how widespread this incident is.

13. This is happening on ALL of the forums.....someone is stealing CC information from Atttitude or Attitude themselves is doing it!

Do NOT ORDER FROM ATTITUDE SEEDS!

This is the third forum I have found with this complaint TODAY.

14. got any links?

15. I'm not exactly saying that it was Attitude. I only know for fact that the purchase was from the UK, and Attitude is from the UK as well. I just so happened to order my seeds from them, and was charged by Attitude and then 24 hours later I get this another charge for this iPad...

16. in that case it's gotta be nirvana cause they charge through the ipod store:smoking:

17. The CC company guy said that on Wednesday I was charged by "Attitude" and then on Thursday night I got another charge from Apple store. I'm really confused by the whole thing, and I'm sure it's a simple misunderstanding. Just a head ache that I have to go through this who cancel my cards, and re-send them to me....

18. Same thing happened to me. I ordered through attitude and two days later I had $1,500 charge from an online retailer plus some more mini charges. I really find it hard to believe this is a coincidence.

19. i hope for attitudes sake they got hacked cuz this is gonna break them....

20. This is disconcerting news. Does anyone know if attitude maintains a record of past transactions that would show cc numbers? I ordered nearly 3 months ago and I am sure many of us are concerned that our numbers may be compromised. Makes me glad that all my dealings are done with seedbay and seed boutique now...