Running away to the Amazon, Any tips?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Rastafari, Apr 27, 2010.

1. #1 Rastafari, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
    I think I've reached a point in smoking where I've had the revelation that by staying in this concrete jungle, all I'm inevitably doing is partaking in the futile attempt to dismantle this fragile planet...
    So veryyyyy long story short, I've followed Terence McKenna's advice to live a truly FREE Shamanic lifestyle. My solution? Save up for a plane ticket to Peru, then head into the jungle and live amongst the ayahuasquero shamans... Me & my friend who's planning to leave this babylonian hell with me plan to just find a small tribe, and beg them to let us live with them... We'll offer all our work just for shelter...
    Sooooo I wanna hear some true stoners opinion on this, and the possible success rate?

Thanks!!!! One Love <3
    (And yes, I'm being 420% serious)

2. sounds like ur 420% serious good luck with that buddy. heres what will happen the natives make u king then they eat their king. jk do what makes u happy

3. yeah bring TP and a toothbrush.. maybe some underpants

4. Sounds dangerous, but living in America is also pretty dangerous. Make sure they have bud down there.

5. i think you should defs do it, if i was in a state of mind/body right now to be able to i would definitly go out and rage it up with some central/southern american tribes at their whim...o how nice that would be

6. I was thinking about that... but I think all they really use besides the ayahuasca is organic black jungle tobacco...

But in any case when I do leave, I'll bring seeds :smoking:

7. That actually sounds like something id wanna do myself. Anything is possible if you work hard enough :D

My dream is to live in a shack on a beach paradise somewhere...maybe hawaii or brazil. Anyway, good luck.

8. Cya in another life, brotha.

9. Doesn't sound too bad either lol... thanks man good luck to you too :wave:

10. what makes you think the tribe will immediately accept you as one of their own and teach you and your friend how to survive out in that kind of environment?

11. It aint like survivor..
    To the tribe you will be money
    Once they cop ya aint got shit, they will beat you for a while to make you tender, then cook you up..

Think about it man..
    This aint bill and ted do the amazon..

12. To tell you the truth, you will most likely die if you attempt to do this, You simply cant go from society and what you have learned your whole life, to just going into a tribe which most likely doesnt even speak english, how will you find your food? water? what if the water has bacteria and u get sick? maybe with syphilis you will easily die, with no anti-biotics.. how will you stay warm? what will you eat? what if you come face to face with a bear or someshit... i would never imagine on doing what you are doing but if you already have answeres to all the cons i said, Good Luck man!

13. #14 triceratops, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
    you could always get some sort of anthropology degree and do it with funding. that would be nice.

Try linking up with other people already doing this or planning on doing this. There has to be some more safe way of escaping the concrete jungle than appearing in the jungle and shooting from the hip.

Then again, if my life doesn't go as planned, i'm going to somehow get myself a boat and charter it out in India or something.

14. Get all of your shots. There are lots of diseases that your body isn't prepared for in the jungle.

What you're proposing is very, very dangerous. As long as you know that then fine, go for it, but it's not a whimsical magical place. It's very deadly in the rainforest and don't expect a warm welcome from the natives.

15. haha okay Desmond...

16. they got wifi down there?

17. if you do that itll be epic as fuck

18. Yeah you probably will die. Not to mention the mental damage that that kind of change in environment could cause.

19. anything for bud to be legalized.