Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what happens if you FAIL a pre employment drug screen..?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by NikoBellic45, Mar 13, 2010.

1. u never were hired, so does this incident go on some sort of record? if i were to fail a pre employment drug screen, my main concern is will it affect me later when im applying for future jobs? Or does the company just reject you , and thats it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. "it goes on ur perament record"

• Like Like x 2
  3. They put you on an international database of failed drug tests called the "International Commitee of Safe Hiring" (ICSH). They send free lists out to companies and for background applications who request it. You can't really find out if you're on it unless you pay for a background search of yourself. I've seen some people's that say stuff like "Applicant failed urinary drug test with HIGH amounts of THC, applicant is not regarded as safe". So yea, you're pretty much fucked.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Aww fuck that corporate bullshit. any stoner can clean floors, aka be a janitor. somebody has to clean up that dog shit on the floor from the semi old guy with his dog. As he orders a big mac with large fries and a coke.

5. why bullshit me? ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nothing Niko, you just don't get the job. Don't fret, though. There is no way any other employer will know about it unless the one you failed at knows another employer that you are applying for, and the chances of that are slim to none. There are teas you can buy that will let you pass the test.

7. That's the first time i've ever heard of that and I've been working for well over 25 years.

8. Because your question is silly. Do you think there's a profile on you, besides your crim record? (and Facebook and that crap) If you fail a drug test, they'll reject you. It's not like any employer would contact them asking for a recommendation, nor is the cmopany going to take time to tell everyone else that you failed a dt.

Stop smoking so much, you sound paranoid as fuck.

9. The OP's question sounded fairly reasonable to me...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. The place you applied for cannot release information such as that to anyone. Employers are limited to what they can say legally to people asking for references.

If you went to a hospital/clinic then there are Doctor/Patient issues there. You sign a paper during your hire in process that allows the doctor to release the information about the drug test to your potential employer.

Don't sweat it man i've failed a few in my days and it never has hurt me from getting future jobs.

• Like Like x 4
  11. well first off the lab will call you to tell you that you failed and what you failed with. they will then ask if you are taking any medication,like vicodin or marinol, that might show a false positive.

if you cant explain then you dont get the job.

if you really want the job then when asked say "no that is impossible, can i have a retake please? i'm positive i dont do these drugs." you might get lucky and get a retest.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just took a hair follicle test. Last use of weed was 88 days ago and hair was taken from both armpits. What are my chances?????

13. I give drug tests to new hires. There's no record that's shared with other business'. Companies are not going to follow you around the rest of your life waiting for you to apply somewhere else so they can snitch.

• Like Like x 2
  14. If u fail drug test pre employment will you be put on do not hire list

15. No. Short and simple. There's no "don't hire this pothead" list. Besides, it's medical information and protected

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

16. 7 year old thread yo

But anywho, I’m pretty sure the specific clinic will have a record of passes and fails. Similar to any company keeping business records. So like if you go to the same place that has tested you before for a different job they can tell if you’ve passed or failed before. Just with them though.

17. Never ever take a drug test for a government job knowing you are going to fail you will never be able to get a job in any kind of public position

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. I checked this misinformation with reputable employment lawyer. There is no such entity as international committee on safe hiring! Whoever this imbecile is, don't believe it! Get your facts straight douchbag. Lmao!!

20. Because it's. Bullshit! There's no such entity as international committee on safe hiring. Grow up!