Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smiley face?????

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by rls1128, Feb 18, 2010.

1. please, fellow tokers, help settle something between me and my best friend. have any of you guys seen the movie SMILEY FACE with anna farris? its your typical stoner movie (ala half baked, dazed and confused, harold and kumar, ect) except IT FUCKING SUCKS. i was so excited to watch this movie the other day, so i had a sesh and watched it, and literally had to turn it off it was so bad. it was so over-exaggerated and nothing like actual stoner experiences. my best friend, on the other hand thinks its the best movie ever made. please tell me im not the only one who absolutely hated this movie

and also - what movies have you guys been excited to see stoned, but ended up being really disappointing?

2. Sorry man,

I saw Smiley Face and thought it was hilarious. Yes parts were over-exaggerated... but it all added to a perfectly baked day haha.

3. I'm going to check it out myself later tonight probably, never heard of it but it looks like it has some good actors in it.

In line with this thread, I made it about 40 minutes into Paranormal Activity before turning it off. Maybe I need to give it another chance but it didn't seem to hold my interest when I tried.

4. Yeah, man I saw this movie and fucking love it. I think it's as good as any other stoner movie, and I saw it sober my first time.

5. Smiley face is my all time favorite stoner film. I'v watched 3 times in the past month,(2 stoned, once sober) me and my smoking buddy are both movie junkies and we both loved smiley face!:smoking:

6. Wow I'm legitimately surprised with the amount of praise this movie is receiving. This movie fucking blows. I was BEYOND STOKED to watch it, and couldn't have been more disappointed with the end result. It was ridiculous, all of it. It was just that bad.

Haha sorry, I dont mean to offend anyone here or anything, I just really disliked this film.

7. My friend suggested that I watch it the other day. Probably go over to his house this weekend and watch it :D :smoke:

8. One of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

9. i thought it was funny but kinda over-exaggerated

10. How high she was was simply ridiculous, I found myself actually despising the main character, she got so fucking useless and annoying.

11. I saw it cheefed out of my mind and thought it was hysterical, but to each his own.

12. If you hated Smiley Face, you will HATE basically all of Anna Farris' movies. She completely dives head first into all of her characters and isn't afraid to make caricatures out of them. Some people embrace this method, some prefer it a little drier (I like both). However, I really enjoyed Smiley Face. I think a lot of stoners can relate to many of the situations and feelings, although most likely at a less exaggerated degree. I wholeheartedly love ridiculous people like Anna Farris and Sarah Silverman (unrelated to this movie, sorry), so maybe I'm just crazy. :wave:

13. I like Anna Faris, I just don't particularly like most of her rolls. I think she would be funny in person but her method of acting is just too cheesy and one dimensional.

Sarah Silverman, on the other hand, cracks me up.

Either way I'd have sex with both of them given the chance. ;):p

14. I thought it was pretty entertaining from what I remember.

I also remember how comical it was to see Adam Brody with fake dreadlocks.

:laughing:

D o G

15. the movie really sucked but the part where she says "its really bright out officer" gets me every time.

16. its ok, not great.

17. i actually dont like anna farris now that i sit and think about it. even when she was in entourage i didnt like her character. i dont know i thought that movie was basically making fun of people that smoke. literally the only part of the movie that was worth wasting a netflix rental on was seeing adam brody in it, which was a nice surprise. but yea, movies like harold and kumar, grandma's boy, even half baked, in my opinion are better representations of actual smokers and their behaviors.

18. Smiley Face is one of my favorites, personally...

19. You have to admit the scene where John Krasinski (however you spell it) falls in love with Anna Farris, it's hilarious.

20. I say this with as much respect as possible....your taste in movies sucks. If you like the movie, I can handle that, but if it's one of your favorites? That's just sad. :p