Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaping versus smoking......

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by lwien, May 18, 2009.

1. Ok, I totally understand that there are some here that REALLY like smoking better than vaping for a variety of reasons, but I have a question and it's not aimed at growers, but at those that purchase their weed.

There's another thread going on here asking people about how long a gram would last them. Most of the answers from the smokers was a day, 2 days, half a day, etc etc.

I vape every night, and a gram lasts me about 40 days. So I gotta ask the smokers, is it really worth all of the extra money that you spend on weed to be able to enjoy the smoke?

I won't even get into the health benefits of vaping. I'd just to know the thought processes of spending THAT much more on weed to be able to smoke versus vaping. It just doesn't make sense to me.

2. some people don't have the money to buy a vape. and can't save there money because they wanna smoke on the weekends etc

3. i dont even own a vape, and is it even possible to make a gram last 40 nights. vaping once a night?

your vaping .025 a night.

4. Yup. The bowl on my vape only holds 0.025g and I get 4 solid hits from one bowl. 4 hits of top med grade bud is all I need 'cause I don't start vaping till after 7:00pm.

5. #5 zpyro, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
    It depends on how many times you smoke a day/week, how much you pack in the bowl, and how much of that bowl you vape/smoke at a time. I couldn't for the life of me make a gram last 40 days, and I only smoke maybe 3x a day out of a small pipe. I have a DaBuddha vape, but I've been smoking more than vaping. I usually vape if I want to feel a more buzzed, up high, while smoking gets the cannabinoids out and gives a more "stoney" high.

So to answer your question...there's really not a single answer to it, because everybody's smoking habits are different. Even using my vape, there's absolutely no way in hell a gram is lasting more than a month, unless I only vaped once or twice in that month. I'd contend that it's not just the vape saving you bud, but the frequency of your using.

Also, how can your bowl only hold so much mass? It's the volume that counts :p My scale doesn't even measure that low lol

6. But you save soooo much money on weed when you vape, that the vape will pay for itself in no time, and then you actually start saving money so that you could buy MORE weed.

7. I really wish I had a Volcano or an Extreme Vaporizer! I used to have a crappy BC Vaporizer which is just a hot plate with a glass dome and it got me pretty high. The only thing that's stopping me is the price. For the kind of vapes I want I would have to shell out at least $350 CDN with tax.

8. I love Vapes over everything but sometimes when your with friends it's just easier to hand a bong over or a piece. It's also easier to conceal if your in a car (unless you have iInhale, vapes are generally big compared to other devices). But if I was by myself I'd vape all day. :hello:

9. #9 lwien, May 18, 2009
    Yeah, not all vapes are equally efficient. The DBV is not the most efficient vape out there, but yeah, I think I explained my usage though. I vape 1 bowl every night.

10. #10 lwien, May 18, 2009
    I TOTALLY understand. It's just SOOOOO much more expensive to smoke than to vape, especially if use an efficient vape.

11. I mostly smoke by myself with my own stuff. If I'm gonna share it with some folks, I'll bring it in my grinder and we'll smoke it in their pipe or whatever. I've been interested in vaping, but never really learned a lot about it.

If I was smoking .5g a day in a bong, two sessions a day, would you say I should just save up for a vaper? I'm always smoking straight through my stuff...I'm trying to figure out how to make it last more.

12. what bout these vapes gets you high as fuck?

13. I used to smoke the same as you, about an eighth a week, but since I got my vape (last month), I've maybe cut down on half of that. Maybe half eighth a week. I say if you have the money to buy one, you should because it'll pay for itself later on.

14. Yes, with a normal vape you would cut your usage in half, from .5g to .25g. With an efficient vape, you would cut it down even more.

15. Because as soon as a flame hits the weed, it burns up TONS of THC before it ever gets to your lungs. Not so with vaping.

16. Wow, really? Damn, I gotta get myself one. Do you have one you could recommend?

17. i have a vape and assorted bongs, they're both good. i could never go all vape though, the taste kinda gets to me after a while.

oh and i call total bullshit on .025 getting you 4 rips. i just weighed out some dank to .03 and its hardly shit.

18. Btw, you guys are asking great questions here, and is one of the main reasons I posted this thread in the first place.

19. #19 lwien, May 18, 2009
    Ok, I posted this vid up before, but since you called me out on it, I'll post it up again. Shows a Purple Days being hit through a bong. Look at the silver tip on the white tube. That is the bowl. The screen sits a quarter of inch below the tip and the tip is a quarter of an inch in diameter. The bowl will only hold 0.025g. Check out the hits. And he said that he could get 1 or 2 more hits if he really wanted to stretch it, but he likes his vape a bit on the rare side.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CyUO5o4HIw]YouTube - 100ml PD hits[/ame]

And here is a 119 page thread JUST on this vape with users who claim exactly the same thing.
    http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=48

NOT BS, but believe me, I would have found it hard to believe myself if I hadn't experienced it. Everytime I finish a bowl and empty it out, I'm like WTF? :eek:

20. #20 lwien, May 18, 2009
    LOTS of good ones out there. Depends on if you want a party vape, a personal vape, a portable vape, an efficient vape. Check out the site I posted beneath that vid. It is a site that ONLY deals with vaporizers. LOTS of great info there.

Guys, I TOTALLY understand that there are certain things that you like about smoking over vaping. I get that. What I'm wondering though, is why you feel the extra cost, and it's a BIG extra cost, is worth it. I mean, with typical vaping, it would be like getting your weed at half the price that you are currently paying because it would at least go twice as far.