Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

attention massachusetts smokers!!! BEWARE

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by #1Phan, Apr 15, 2009.

1. #1 #1Phan, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    i want to start by saying that the last thing i am trying to do here is spread unnecesary paranoia, but this is serious.

ok so recently i have heard friends talking about their kb (beasters) giving off crazy amounts of keif, like .2 or.3 out of a gram of nug, and that this keif seems weird. Its not like normal keif, its light enough to blow away in the air like dust. and is as fine as flour. I watched my friend open his grinder and saw a little cloud of dust go into the air and when you move the ground up tree around on the paper dust comes off of it into the air. Let me tell you this powder looks EXACTLY like keif, same greenish yellow color and eveything but you can tell that it isnt by the way it blows away like dust.

now this weekend i had friend come home from school in western mass (Im near boston) and he says that they have been having a problem with this stuff out there for a while and what the powder is is actually some sort of sillicone that is sprayed onto the bud to amke it heavier, and it does seem to be about 1/4gram of this powder per gram of tree. now i called a few more friends from different parts of the state, (waltham, amherst, westfeild, and the south shore) who smoke kb regularly and they all said that they have seen this same stuff and thought that it was very strange but didnt know what it was. i even found out that there was a public health notice sent out about it at u-mass dartmouth. basically what i am seeing it that this stuff is EVERYWHERE. i even had a few friends tell me they got really bad lung congestion and headaches after smoking this stuff for a few days.

tell tale signs of this sprayed kb are...

1. kb is usually soft and dank but this stuff will have rock hard nugs mixed in with the dank stuff, or part of the nug is soft and part is hard.
    2. little bits of the leaves look shiny and plasticky (not like crystals), Not like smashed parts of the bud that get flat and shiny, just a leaf that looks like it has a plastic coating.
    3. the nugs dont look that frosty but produce 20x more keif than expected, and give off dust into the air when you handle them.
    4. the keif is light enough to blow away like dust and it doesnt match the color of the bud at all, not even close. (the bud is dark green and the keif is light grean/yellow.)
    5. nugs weigh much more than you would expect them too even though kb tends to be dense anyway.
    6. you get bad cough/ chest congestion/ soar throught after smoking this stuff.

so far i have seen this only in kb, not in headies, but its been in 4 out of 5 of the last batches of kb i have seen. i i did some research on it and apparently this has been a big problem in london for a few years and that it is indeed a sillicone based substance being sprayed on the tree, and that the stuff is terrible for you, like poisonous.

Kb smokers BEWARE and keep an eye out, im not trying to scare anyone, just trying to keep people from getting sick. if anyone has seen anything like this or has heard about it i would really like to hear your feedback.

2. I actually just got some of this quite recently (I didn't think anything of it as I'm a rather consistent headys boy myself). I was thinking it looked a little heavy but couldn't have really told you. The thing I did notice however was that I would open my grinder and I would get a puff of what looked like fairy dust coming out of it.

3. Wow, thats crazy! Good job putting up a warning though

4. Kief is always lighter than the bud.

I've found buds that I think may fit this description. They have small, very flat spots on them that are shiny, and they often taste like soap. I had thought this was due to improper flushing before harvest, but I'm not so sure.

5. Ive seen this shit, my buddy put 3gs into a grinder and there was a PILE of it after he ground it all up, my eyes popped out of my head when i saw it. Ive never seen so much "kief" from just regular kb. luckily i havent been in MA and smokin that chit. Im in VT where the real heady nugs are. nothin but natural up here! cant wait for the cheap tasty outdoor buds. they are bommbb up here

6. Yepp hate to say it but some shipments of this bud must of just came in.

I picked up a gram of it yesterday and I was 100% sure it was grit.

7. I have reason to believe the contaminated bud has made it as far north as NH, looking into it, after some investigation ill post what i can find out

8. This is horrible, not only is this a complete waste of money, but poisoning our fellow smokers (literally) just to make more money? What the fuck has weed exchange come to? Not about peace and good times thats for sure :(

9. Have not seen any grit in Springfield yet, but I smoke mostly mids.

10. Lol. Nucca is on the investigation. Lets see how this shabby-Sherlock will do :rolleyes:.

11. i live in springfield and boston and travel back and forth frequently.

i havent seen bud that really fits this description yet (i grow and usually buy headys) but recently got some bud that look like this. i assumed it for mold and threw it out. ill def keep an eye on this as i have a lot of friends who pick up large quantities of KB/Beasters and leave an update if i see anything

this shit is kinda fucked up

12. Correction. That shit IS fucked up. Motherfuckers harming others just to make an extra buck. Fuck those grimy ass people. Karma will return the favor though :hello:.

13. Washington state: Don't panic, It's organic! :wave:

14. Lol sillicon sprayed on the bud? Ive been smoking this more than likely for a few months. There is nothing sprayed on it at all lol, if you let it dry out the kief is so fine it blows away, its not until you grind up the little marble sized orange balls does it rain kief...Ive smoked a few bowls of nothing but this "sillicon" and uhh its kief...

15. Hey I did something and didnt die. It must be perfectly safe. :rolleyes:

16. You do realize that silicosis can take months or even years to manifest symptoms, right? Nevermind, of course you don't.

17. #17 merry jew wanna, Apr 15, 2009
    I've heard nothing about it from my multitude of friends at UNH.

EDIT: Oh, and smoking it through any sort of water filtration should make this perfectly safe anyway. It's certainly not going to vaporize. The best test though if just to check if you get adequately baked off a kief bowl. Obviously if it's not kief, you won't get high.

18. #18 -/-/eEd, Apr 15, 2009
    Not my point... go pack a bowl of rubber and tell me what you think

Does anyone have pics of this bud? I just did some searching and all the pics i found look clearly sprayed. Anything i have seen with all this kief didnt look even close, and i wouldent of smoked it if it had.

19. Okay, closet DEA smokers of GC ;) You know what to do :cool:

20. this silicone substance has a melting temperature of 400 degrees celcius which is way hotter than a lighter gets. when you smoke the stuff it doesnt burn you just inhale the powder as is and when you smoke just the keif most of that stuff goes straight down your throught and just makes the smoke feel harsh, the real keif in the mixture is what is actually burning. If u use a bubler a lot of it will get stuck in the water and yea a vape doesnt get hot enough to burn it so you would be ok.