Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is resin?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by onkruid, Jul 30, 2013.

1. OK so what is it?  I don't want your opinion....... or whatever your friend told you it is. I don't want hearsay   I want an investigation into its makeup  , THC content , tar content and of course carcinogen content. What makes up that black crap that people smoke when they're out of ganja. Does anyone know the truth???
    Maybe Granny, maybe Yoda, maybe you the reader.  It's a mystery.  Any studies ever been done?  
    Yes in the past I have smoked it and it does get you semi-high. I'm curious... :poke:  

2. It has low Thc. When you smoke a bowl. The lighter usually vaporizes most of the the ten just burns the weed up. Whenever you burn something it leaves some sort of residue. Which in the case would be the plant matter. This is why vaporizers don't have resin because its not burning plant matter. It's basically just the plant matter and whatever little thc was infused chemically into the black residue leftover. It's doing more damage then it is helping you like weed should do.

3. #3 Tree Burner, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013

He wants to know exactly what it is. Vaporizers leave resin. Look up "wand hash."

4. I gave it my best, I wouldn't know how to search for since cannabis resin is hash and the only thing else you could call it is tar but most info is from those places that feed lies bout weed

5. cannabis resin is not hash just letting you know

6. this is very interesting a bit over my head but that's what I asked for..thank you

I was disappointed for it to end cause the page said I had read my limit still very interesting stuff

anyone would want to no what they are smoking I would hope

7. Idk what u were able to read but on page 68 it says about 1.5-3% of the condensate was thc. I think that's how to interpret that anyway, but its also over my head as well.

I think the diagram on 69 outlines how a lab could seperate all parts of it, maybe somebody could realize a pratical way to do a bit of that at home based on the info.

8. Cannabis resin is the resin glands. Hash is made of resin glands

Most of us call tar.....resin. Technically you are correct.

10. nevermind your right, i thought you were saying the tar inside a bowl/pipe was hash wasn't even thinking about that resin 

11. So I can scrape my bowl and sell that shit to you as hash and you would be happy???????

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Lol no I went on the Internet to help this guy and when you search cannabis resin the only things that come up are about the cannabis resin glands which is what hash is made up of lol sorry for the confusion.

13. I got ya Maine I was thinking man this dude getting fuvked over

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I think knowing what to call it helped.  That black crap in my bong/pipe is???.......................Marijuana smoke condensate. I did not know that...

I want to thank Snoop Toad for that bit of info.

now I can do some research on my own but thanks to all for your input

15. Resin is mostly tar that has some cannabanoids and other plant mater left in it. Its a combination of ash, condensed particulate matter from smoke and partially combusted material. Essentially, its all the leftover burnt shit.

Its probably terribly unhealthy considering what its made out of, but it has enough chemicals left in it to get you high if you're desperate. you could also extract the THC out of it and make hash, but it would take a lot of resin and not have a high yield.