Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Handsfree vs. Regular Vaporizers

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by thatstikyicky, Oct 11, 2006.

1. First off Id like to introduce myself, being knew to the GC forums! I have been browsing this site for a little while, and think its an exellent place to share the love of the herb:D

But now to my point...
    I have finally made the decision to splurge a little and pick up a vaporbrothers vaporizer:)

I like to research products before I purchase them, so I was hoping someone who owns either style of these vaporizers could give me a little input.

I noticed that now a choice is available between a handsfree model and a regular one. I wasnt sure how the handsfree worked, and wanted to make sure it is a good product before i make any purchases.

Quick q: With the regular vaporizer do you get more freedom with how you place the whip on the box? Ive read that a little freedom of movement for how the whip is placed or rotated can effect the efficiency...

Anyone who has any advice, input, tips, please contribute!:D

:smoking: ~smoke on~:smoking:
    Icky

2. I don't know much about those vaporizers, but you should consider the Voodoo Vaporizer kit. It's absolutely awesome, and the way it's designed you can pass it around in a room like a pipe.

3. I own a normal Vapor Bro's... and I love it.

I'd just go w/ the normal whip version, though... I mean - it works very nicely... and it is nice to be able to have that freedom of whip angle and connection.

4. Thats what I was thinking.
    Do you have any tips or tricks that you recomend with the vaporbros?

5. Welcome to GC!:wave:
    Vaporbro's is a good choice. I'd recommend the Vaporwarez 3g over the vaporbros due to its ceramic heating element. It is a lot more resillient than the vaporbro's and responds to temp changes much better. Plus the 5 year warranty cant be beat. theyre cheap on eeeebbbaaayyyy :)

As for your handsfree question. You definitely have more freedom with the non handsfree version. It is possible to find a decent equillibrium with the hands free, but the design of the unit coupled w/ GONG connector prevents much user adjustability. The regular unit allows the user to spin the bowl, remove it in rapid succession, angle it, and just about any other possible thing you would want to do to affect the temp* of the air.

My hands free unit broke and i havent bought a new one. The regular unit is just fine for me.

6. Thanks for the advice Colonel, Im definatley going regular style. Have you experience with both the vaporwarez model and the vaporbros? Has anyone else tried both vaporwarez and vaporbros? If so whicho one do you prefer?

Thanks,

7. How would the 5 year warranty work? I mean if it brakes you cant just bring it in with weed shit all over it.

8. The warranty only covers the "box" part of the vaporizer (the heating element, electronics, etc.), not the glass whip (where the weed is). If any weed gets on the heating element, I think it can be cleaned.

I just ordered a Vaporwarez 3g handsfree and should get it in the mail tomorrow. I've been told that the standard models are a pain in the ass to use, but I will post what I think once I get it.

9. Ohk, makes sense

10. I have the vapor warez hands free. I'm pretty sure either one will do the job the same but if you like to loung and just puff, not having to get up everytime to smoke, then the hands free is for you.

11. My first (real) vape was a vaporbro's. They're nice, but i like the vaporwarez better.

Unless they've changed their design, the only difference between the 2 is that vaporwarez has the ceramic heater, and an independent on/off switch.

The vaporwarez heats up faster than the vaporbro's.
    you can set the temp on the vaporwarez and forget it. Not a huge advantage, but its still nice.

My vote goes for the 3g. :)

12. Thanks For the input everybody:D

Went ahead and bought the vaporwarez standard 3G on ebay last night. $119.99 for the vape, a custom made colered whip, and a nice metal grinder with kif catcher.
    Cant wait till it comes!
    :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

13. I just got my Vaporwarez today and its great. The high I got was great and it lasted a little longer than smoking. I definitely agree with impulse, the hands free is definitely better for just chilling.

14. Congrats on both your purchases! :hello:

The hands free is definitely nice for just chilling, though you still gotta stir it between hits (shake it around).

And dont throw away that herb when it wont vape any more!

Make some baked goods w/ it or use it as filler weed in a blunt.

15. I was looking online and I noticed you can buy replacement heating elements online...

Does this mean that hypathetically if i wanted to upgrade in the future i could buy a hybrid heating element to convert my box to handsfree?

16. I've got a Vaborbros hands-free model. The heating element is ceramic (the good kind)on all current Vaporbros products.

I've never used the regular model, but I can say for sure that the hands-free model is great and easy to use. The ground glass joints are very well made and work flawlessly. I haven't had any problems with having to stir my herb, I just load up the whip, stick it on the heating element, and have a good time.

Before I got it, I was having some major doubts. The Vaporwarez model has an on/off switch, and the Vaporbros does not. I thought this meant that as soon as you plug in the Vaporbros, it would start to heat up. This is not the case. The heat control knob clicks when you turn it all the way down, which acts as an on/off switch. In my opinion, the design of the Vaporbros is less cluttered and more pelasing to the eye. Furthermore, it is rock solid, beautifully crafted, and emits a bright blue glow from the heating element and a bright green glow from the bottom of the box. This creates an awesome effect. I can see how someone might not like it, though.

My Vaporbros heats up very quickly, too. I'd say it takes 2-3 minutes to reach perfect vaping temperature. The temperature is also very consistent which is always a plus.

My only complaint about the hands-free model is that there is only one whip currently available. While other box-and-whip users can get cool-looking whips, hands-free users will have to stick with a clear whip. I see beauty in its simplicity, though, and this doesn't affect performance at all, which is what really matters.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to PM me. I'd love to help people make the jump to vaping (I know it's tough, vapes are expen$$$ive and you have to take a leap of faith). Since I started using a vaporizer, I rarely smoke anymore. I find that the high is much more "pure" and energizing, since none of the gross stuff like CO is present.

17. can you take a close up picture of the heating element?

You should be able to use a regular whip with your hands free unit, though you may have to turn the temp up just a small amount.

also the temp control. the switch on the warez really is just so you can set the correct temp and then not worry about it again.. though it gets bumped out of place occasionally. Other than that its quite a meaningless difference in the 2. Glad to hear you enjoy your vaporbro's. :)

18. Oh, I had never thought about the on/off switch like that. Mine has a similar feature that I found accidentally. The temperature control knob can be removed (I could fix it with a drop of glue if I really wanted to do so), so sometimes when I find the perfect temperature, I replace the knob with the little mark facing up so I know where to set it.

Here are some pictures of the heating element:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^^One more reason why I love my vape

19. Ok, you've confirmed what i thought.

The vaporbro's dont have the ceramic heater. those heaters are a conductive fiber thats interwoven w/ super thin wire. I attached a ceramic heater pic.

I should say, they're still great vapes. I had one last me 4 years. It was a great vape. But that style heating element is not quite as reliable or responsive to temp changes as the ceramic.

they're not huge differences though. Ultimately you're still getting the same hot air vaporizing your bud, and thats what counts. That glow is something i miss from my vaporbro's. I had a green one that glowed out the bottom.

anyways enjoy.

Attached Files:

20. Lame! Their website said it was ceramic, and I guess I didn't know what to expect.

Mine glows green from the bottom, too.