Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New way to clean pipes!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by mister stash, Nov 15, 2012.

1. #1 mister stash, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    this i a way to clean pipes thats easy to do, quick, and lets you keep the resin from your pipe. its hard to explain so stick with me. ive never seen this method online or anywhere but a friend of mine showed me a few years ago and i decided to share it.
    this method is for smaller, bongs wont work.

get a pretty small cooking pot (preferably with a lip on it).
    fill it with water.
    cover the pot with foil.
    poke a hole in the middle of the foil covering. the hole should be big enough just so you can fit the mouthpiece of your pipe in.
    boil the water to the point that steam comes out of the hole at a good rate.
    put the mouthpiece (or carb, or bowl) in the hole and balance the pipe or get it so it will stay somehow.
    let the steam go through the pipe.

then scrape, or blow through the opposite hole and your pipe will look like its shitting if theres enough resin in there. the steam heats the resin so it becomes VERY VERY easy to get out.

** if your just trying to clean your piece, use the ISO method, or boil it. this method is for getting the resin out in the most effective way.

:bongin:

2. try it next time. i dont suggest doing it unless your pipe is really dirty. otherwise it will be alot of wasted effort.

3. That's a damn good idea. Alot of work but its another good method!
    +rep for sure

4. how does everyone scrape the inside of one of those glass pipes? I've always wondered I just iso it

5. Scrape it. Or do what OP said and u can smoke what u clean :smoking:

6. Pipe cleaner or piece of wire

7. Just soak it in rubbing alcohol for 10 minutes?

8. Yep what the blade above me says ^^^^^^^ or for better results, let it sit overnight submerge in Alcohol. It can't be easier than this, it cannot ! :)

9. yea I normally use iso.

just seems really difficult to get in through the tiny holes :smoking:

10. The beau and I boil our pieces when we get low on money and/or weed. We put them in a pot of bowling water and let it go for about 10 minutes, then pour the water over a strainer to collect the resin that's come out of the pieces during boiling.

11. This works quite well! I hadn't cleaned my bowl since I got in a few months back, thing was filthy. This trick did the charm, and then I soaked it in 91% isopropyl alcohol for a few minutes, thing looks brand new. I forgot glass was clear.

12. yeah it will definately clean it better but this method is so you can keep the resin. thats the whole point lol

13. Water will ultimately be less effective in dissolving the things you want in your resin than a non-polar solvent like isopropyl alcohol, butane, or hexane. The phytocannabinoids (those lovely compounds that give cannabis it's characteristic effects) are nearly insoluble in water.

A much more effective method would be using a non-polar solvent like those listed above and doing a long soak. The liquid could then be collected and evaporated off. Personally, I'd recommend hexane.

To maximize the speed of the evaporation, use as little solvent as possible to completely cover your piece, maximize the surface area by using a wide dish or bowl, and maximum airflow through the room being using for evaporation (an open window and a fan will do nicely if temperature permits).

Using a polar solvent like water will certainly yield resin, but it will be little more than carbon and pressed ash and tar; it will be almost completely devoid of cannabinoids.

Personally, I don't see why anyone would want to go through this much trouble for resin, but whatever floats your boat.

14. i just iso then evap:confused_2:

15. I wonder if putting it in a vegetable steamer would have the same effect.

16. Dont boil glass pieces and the steam would cause heat stress too which can crack/shatter/break glassware

17. no because ive done this a ton of times with glass pieces... not one crack

18. You could jump off a 10 foot roof multiple times and not break a leg doesnt mean its impossible
    Not trying to diss you bro just stating what has happened to me as a fair warning good vibes stay lit :)