Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Successful Tolerance Break.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by stifler84, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I'm sure many of the seasoned smokers out there have undoubtedly taken a tolerance break at one point or another. Whether it be to save some money, or cause you do not have any. Maybe because you're not getting quite the same feeling you used to. Either way, you've decided to put down the pipe and that's a good thing from time to time. The first thing you should do with your tolerance break, is set a time frame and stick to it!.

The first few days can be tough. Days 1-3 usually are the days you're sitting there craving to smoke, even just a little. Hold off. These days you are usually the most irritable or maybe emotional. Sometimes it helps to know that, so you can help balance yourself and understand when you're just reacting to not having a way to reduce stress and relax. Or maybe you can't partake in group events where there are people smoking. Either way you're missing out on something you enjoy.

This is not an addiction friends. If you broke your leg playing football and couldn't play for your team for a portion of the season, would you not be upset? If you loved to read a book at the end of the night. Then some night someone took all your books, would you not feel as if you're missing out on something you enjoy? Marijuana is no different. I realize this is off topic, but I feel its prudent to mention.

From that I say, you need to develop other hobbies and things you enjoy, with or without marijuana. A few things I may suggest:

1.)Learn something: Technology, Science, Math, Physics, Geology, Environmentalism, Politics (For marijuana of course ;)) or maybe an instrument or musical interest.

2.)Stay Active! - You can work out, enlist in a recreational sport, go bowling, play a round of golf. Go to the batting cages. It's the summer, go swimming!

3.)Volunteer/Get a Job - No one has ever done volunteer work and been pissed off at themselves afterwords. No one ever gets a job and isn't better off in the long run. At least financially. These things help pass time, and help you out in life.

That's really all you need to know about going through a successful tolerance break. Those things will help keep your mind busy while you take time away from the high.

One thing I may also suggest. When you are done with your tolerance break, many make the mistake of thinking they can pick up their old smoking habits and then are quickly disappointed when their tolerance is shot within a few days. The true key to any tolerance break, is a break from the marijuana lifestyle. When you first started smoking, you undoubtedly smoked less than you do now. And the tolerance you had then, was in part due to your smoking habits.

Your tolerance break can be more effective if you use it then to help gauge the high you wish to achieve. Then build your smoking habits around this. Only smoke enough to get you to that, good good high. Make note of how much you use during your first week, and try to stick to this. There are always exceptions where you will smoke more, but do not make them a rule.

This my friends, is how you have a successful tolerance break.

2. Just got off of a successful T-Break. I had to take a drug test for a Summer job, and decided to make a break out of it instead of trying to cheat my way out of it. I Couldn't agree more about what you said about "pot addiction". People think that just because they want to smoke when they stop, that it's addictive. Real addiction is far from what we feel when we have the urge to smoke a bowl.

After the first week or so, that urge lessens and you have just as much fun doing other things. Sometimes we ask ourselves, "how did I have so much fun before i started smoking?". It only takes a little time off to realize that it's not that hard. And when you do decide to start smoking again, you rediscover that awesome fun-ness of being super-duper baked.

Good luck to anyone going on a T-Break, and welcome back to those in the same boat as me!

3. i took a year off for probation and drug treatment and shit. when i smoked the day after probation (since i had an entire month to detox) i would get BLAZED from one milk shot easily. its kind of nice being able to get high off of such a miniscule amount. but i get off probo this month and im gonna be right back to my old self soon enough

4. Been taking bong hits now for about 8 weeks daily, 1 bowl would get me fucked up now even if i took like 2 to 3 bowls i still dont feel that high just more burned out. Anyway came to the conclusion that smoking daily wasn`t really why i started this just wanted to get high as i`d done it a few times randomly over the last few years. Sice i got a regular supply though its been hard to say just at weekends which is what i`m making myself do now. Dont see the point in lighting up if i`m not getting that good feel not burnt out high. Until rwading up on this i had no idea about tolerance breaks since i`m a relative newbie to this. Just wondered since its now Wednesday and i haven`t smoked since sunday if by this Friday and if i keep it to just Friday to Sundays everyweek from now on( no weekday cheating ) if my good happy trippy highs will come back instead of the sleepy burned out highs i`ve been having this last 3 weeks? I keep reading mixed results about 3 days makes a difference or the more extreme month off breaks which i dont want to do. I`d hope though that just limiting myself to a bowl maybe 2 max Fri,Sat,Sun and then Mon tue weds thurs off it cold turkey will make my tolerance level go back down to a good level if i can keep at this level of intake for the weeks and months ahead. Also its not cheap doing it everyday and just limiting to the weekends make it more special like a night out drinking once a week can be you no something to look forward to after working all week plus when i do it i dont drink so no hangover is goooood. Cheers guys for reading i no its long winded.

5. Just got back to the grind of blazing on June 1 immediately after my UA for a summer job.

Every year I stop from 4/22 (my birthday/4/20 celebration) until the beginning of June for this job, as well as for a t-break. As a daily smoker I find I actually NEED the break by the time it finally comes around and every time I start blazing again, it's always the best.

Ive been putting it this way to my buddies, before I stopped I'd split a blunt with a friend and barely be satisfied for more than 30 minutes or so. Now, I split a blunt with a friend and I'm completely stoned, zooted off my ass for an hour, THEN im still good and high for another few, so great.

Take a break!

6. Man, I just started my t break today after daily blazing. I'm not gonna lie, it's really hard. Especially when weed was the only thing keeping you sane at work. :D

7. After a few days, the urge to smoke goes away. You still might find yourself wishing you could spark up now and then, but it definitely gets easier. Good luck, man! :hello: