Aliens actually time travellers?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by mushroomsatsuji, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Im watching Ancient Aliens, and they were talking about wormholes and stargates. Time travel is a coveted technology that is probably thousands of years away. But what if we do eventually obtain the secret? Why wouldnt we travel back in time to the beginning of man? Just togive them an extra boost. Show them the secrets to making civilization.

The supposed sightings of aliens describe them as humanoid. In the many years it takes for us to actually reach that level of knowledge and technology, Im sure the human race is going to evolve quite a bit.

2. what is time and how do we travel in it? why do we travel in it? do we travel in it? can we travel in it? are we in it? is there an it that we can be in? is there a we that can be?

3. Traveling back in time is not possible.

and if it were possible. We would have to have a machine exist in the past, and it still probably wouldnt work.

4. I wasnt really asking if it is possible, but what if it is.

5. Yes.

On a more serious note, I think you have to re-think your question.....

6. I'm not sure I buy into all this time-travel business. I think time is just an illusion in the physical world we live in and time doesn't really exist, except for this entrapment on the physical plane. Time-travel always blows my mind though, trying to wrap my head about the whole cause-effect and the Butterfly Effect that results from changing just one simple thing.

Ever since I watched a special on aliens on the History channel, and realized that the 'alien' they found was really a skinned monkey, I've pretty much discounted everything the H channel says about these sorts of things. :(

7. that depends on the type of one you build, there are several different proposed types of "time machines". Of course they are all theoretical so none are provable yet.

8. Sir Isaac Newton could answer this question for you. The law of conservation of matter states that matter cant be created nor destroyed. In order to travel back in time, you would have to be able to harness ENORMOUS amounts of energy to rearrange the matter in the exact place/form that it was in during the time that you want to travel.

With that being said, i do believe that the theory of wormholes is possible because its not really time travel.

9. i don't get how you would be able to go back in time, it's not like it's being recorded you know what i mean?

10. aliens are already here, they run the country, oh...you didn't know?

what other explanation for the rapid boost in technology in the past 100 years...

anyways if the govt somehow figured out how to time travel, well we'd probably be fucked, but we're already fucked, just in a different way, so i guess it really wouldnt change anything..?

11. Its called research?

12. i've always thought that it would be reasonable to believe that these ufo's could be time travelers..
    dam i need to see if i can find that channel.

13. I LOVE Ancient Aliens!!!!! Bad Ass Show.

14. NO, no, no ... Its called LSD.
    Psychedelics played a huge part in ... well everything in the last few decades. Not just LSD but others too, man most theories sound so ... baked ... no what Im saying.

And why are scientists so bad at naming things, come on ...
    Black Hole ... obvious
    Super Massive Black Hole ... WOW original
    Cant think of more, but more is less right?

15. sometimes the programs on history channel are fucking amazing
    other times it seems like theyre just plucking an idea and making a show about it just to have a new episode

16. Well, if we would do that, it could cause a paradox. We go back in time, give people in time B tech from time A, the question would be "Where did it start from?".... But then again, you could be absolutely right. We could be the "U.F.O's" or even the "Ancient Aliens" that are in history. We could have possibly been the ones that went back in time and told them the stories about our time and told the of the monuments of our time.... It's just brings up more questions. Kudos

17. nothing about aliens but cool time machine none the less

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWwI61so5Q[/ame]

it only allows you to travel back to when the machine was originally turned on but when it is first turned on he suspects he'll start getting messages from the future! like himself in the future trying to talk to himself now! its insane. :eek:

18. the only way that we COULD travel into the future would be if we get a space ship to travel to the super massive black hole at the centre of our galaxy. we would have to be at the exact trajectory to get pulled into the black hole's orbit rather then get swallowed by it.and for every minute you experience orbiting the black hole would be 2 minutes back on earth.so if you orbit the black hole for 10years you would travel 10 years into the future. although this will never happen anytime soon i think it's about as realistic as time travel actually is. unless anti matter or quarks have something to do with it.

19. Time... is just a state of mind.