is there a "God" or not is the dumbest debate..

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by daletotman, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ...clearly there is a higher power of some sort..a creative underlying intelligence of the universe..how does grass grow? why are humans made the way they are? etc. etc....these are questions that can't be fully comprehended by the human brain...the human brain is a product of "god" therefore it would be impossible for the human brain to fully understand "god"...you could say "god" is the unknown...you could say a lot of things...but to say there is no "god" would reflect a limited perspective...you could say "God" is perspective...you could say "god" is everything...everything is everything...because everyone has their own perspective everyone will have their own view of "god"..therefore "god" is a personal "god" only known within

2. giving it the label of god confuses some people. What I want to know is why evolution exists in the first place, why things evolve to get better, what drives that process?

3. The environment and mutations. They don't evolve to get better, they just assume a mutation and if it doesn't have a negative impact then they simply live on to pass down that gene.

4. Actually we know exactly how grass grows, religion and God were only thought of because it was the most logical explanation for things thousands of years ago, but now we are figuring out how things work with science, and the human race is nothing special, the modern religions such as Christianity are so egotistical, God just created one special species in the universe and we are in God's image, nah theres plenty of other civilisations in the universe, in the next 500 years religion will eventually dwindle and dissapear, just because science doesn't know how something works yet doesn't automatically mean God did it, we just don't know yet

5. ^ u dont know the force behind the growing of grass...science can only give u secondary information...and your still looking at "god" through your limited perspective...your not actually thinking for yourself...thats the point ..you don't know...but what u do know is that there is clearly "something" and this "something" didn't come from nothing..and if it came from nothing then u could call the nothing "god"..it is just how you look at... as for hundredgrand...i would say that is a good mystery as to why things seem to evolve in a forward moving direction (its not random mutations and the environment pinkbagel lol) ...i would say that what makes sense to me is that the goal of life is "god" recognizing "god"...moving from unity to diversity back to unity to expercience oneself

6. I think the debate is stupid because both sides have no concrete evidence. I also think its stupid how we have to define the universe in terms of a 'being' that is god.

Whether god is a being or aware is regardless.

I think the fact that we're here now means that there is god; god imo, is everything around us.

God is simply the fact that we exist.

7. think about this...all that you know...comes through your senses...you see things hear things read things etc...everything you experience actually comes from within...when you "see" something it is just a mental imprint...basically there is only you....your senses make things seem very real but deep down it is really just sorta a dream..only you really exist..therefore only "God" really exists

8. Its stupid and pointless argument, because the only ppl who argue about it with me believe he is real and are basically moron bell ends

9. kinda like you? lol...if one knows one doesnt need to argue

10. I believe we as humans tend to overthink things alot, why we developed with such intelligence, is beyond me, maybe it was an accident,or an experiment. What I know is we are a very small part residing in a vast infinite of blackness and potential death everyday, so just try enjoy it while it lasts.

11. [quote name='"daletotman"']kinda like you? lol...if one knows one doesnt need to argue[/quote]

Exactly! That's why they never listen to my argument so i don't listen to theirs unfortunately though i am often out numbered

12. #12 TokinUp, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
    I think it is ignorant to say there isnt a god but also just as ignorant to believe a book about god that was written by humans and claims to have all the answers to get you to heaven.thats why im agnostic.it doesnt have to be a dumb debate if people use logic instead of bible quotes.

13. "Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, "This is an interesting world I find myself in — an interesting hole I find myself in — fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!" This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise."

-Douglas Adams

This is what springs to mind every time someone starts talking about how there must have been a creator because, I mean, just look! Everything is so "perfect", right?! :p

14. Ironically, the OPs OP is a prime example of why 'God debates' happen in the first place, and why they're important.

15. Photosynthesis.

Evolution.

Such as?

16. How is this clear? This is just a baseless assumption

Yeah there's actually scientific demonstrable explanations for the way our world works.

Once again, an assumption with no substance

This is a fallacy known as god of the gaps.
    To say there is no god is just an opinion based on the lack of evidence for the contrary.

You can say god is my COCK too. This explains nothing about our universe.

17. lenny do u ever actually think for urself...or is everything you know based on what others have told you ... you experience the universe through your senses...right? ....well all of your senses take their action in the brain...your eye detects something and a signal is sent to your brain... so when u really think about you are totally connected to your surroundings...their appears to be distance..their appears to be things that are seperate..but in reality there is just the observer and the observed...and the observer and observed are one and the same ...maybe now you understand the universe better...universe is also translated into "one song"

18. That has nothing to do with the idea of a god.

Are you wanting to discuss the science of the eyeball or what? :p

19. Our mind is a powerful thing, never underestimate that.