what is your idea of hell? afterlife?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by dankydankk, May 19, 2012.

1. I feel as many people see hell as fire and heaven as clouds, however I believe that all the fire was made up crap to scare people,

I believe hell is being left totally alone with your sins, in your mind.

Stuck in a space where you constantly relieve your sins, constantly showing what you claim to be, what you know, and how you choose the wrong knowingly,

Stuck with your human thought process getting replayed in your head over and over, totally alone.while the spirits in "heaven" let go of their wants, and accepted "the truth" and bask in the knowledge.

Also I feel as if the Bible is pretty clear that all will be "saved" from eternal damnation (except one case), I believe in a sort of purgatory state though where u learn to let go of of your human wants before learning and accepting divine knowledge.

What do you see the afterlife as?

2. I believe we reincarnate (called gilgul neshamot in Judaism) until we fulfill our soul's purpose, at which point we move onto the World to Come: complete union with the Creator, which is where we came from in the first place.

No such thing as hell in Judaism. Your soul is either returned to the Creator, or, in the case of the extremely wicked, it is wiped from existence completely.

Spiritual purification happens before each reincarnation, and that can be considered a type of "hell" depending on how you lived your life. You are shown all your misdeeds, evil, and missed opportunities to bring healing to the world for up to one year before you reincarnate.

3. I believe in God but not an afterlife personally think its just a fade to black.

4. [quote name='"LebaneseBlonde"']I believe in God but not an afterlife personally think its just a fade to black.[/quote]

And that's it, nothing?

5. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']I believe we reincarnate (called gilgul neshamot in Judaism) until we fulfill our soul's purpose, at which point we move onto the World to Come: complete union with the Creator, which is where we came from in the first place.

No such thing as hell in Judaism. Your soul is either returned to the Creator, or, in the case of the extremely wicked, it is wiped from existence completely.

Spiritual purification happens before each reincarnation, and that can be considered a type of "hell" depending on how you lived your life. You are shown all your misdeeds, evil, and missed opportunities to bring healing to the world for up to one year before you reincarnate.[/quote]

Pretty weird, I think my view fits this well

6. I believe its where a soul ends up because it embraces sin and negativity...so by embracing negativity you experience negativity. If you embrace positivity, you experience positivity. God allows people to take either path because thats the whole point of free-will afterall.

7. It's great to see someone who has the same theory as me, I think real hell is non-existance but very few will be "destroyed" and most will just be "forced" to understand.

8. Thats my problem with most people does there have to be something else, I think people want so badly for there to be something else.

9. #9 Postal Blowfish, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
    Wouldn't this really only punish the decent people? The shitty people don't give a fuck about anyone else, that's why they do those things in the first place. You think you're suddenly going to force them to give any fucks?

Answering your question, my idea of hell is: hell is a stupid idea. The worst idea, in fact, ever created by the mind of a human being. Heaven is the second worst. These two ideas are responsible for more wasted lives than anything else imaginable. If it's infinite, and a punishment or a reward, it doesn't matter how it is executed - it's a horrible idea.

10. [quote name='"LebaneseBlonde"']

Thats my problem with most people does there have to be something else, I think people want so badly for there to be something else.[/quote]

Well how can you believe In a God but not in an afterlife?

Its just pretty interesting, I've never heard the, "nothing, that's it" except from atheist

11. [quote name='"Postal Blowfish"']

Wouldn't this really only punish the decent people? The shitty people don't give a fuck about anyone else, that's why they do those things in the first place. You think you're suddenly going to force them to give any fucks?

Answering your question, my idea of hell is: hell is a stupid idea. The worst idea, in fact, ever created by the mind of a human being. Heaven is the second worst. These two ideas are responsible for more wasted lives than anything else imaginable.[/quote]

, the weapons created and the means to transport were probably the worse, though humans kill humans.

And where did I say force bro?
    I think you'll be in that state for as long as it takes for you to come to peace with yourself,
    I personally don't think belief in God solely gets you to a peaceful state after death, or disbelief, or whichever faith you're apart of,
    But that maybe following core values of faith rather than discrepancies, can help you come to peace easier than someone who don't give no fuck bout nuthin,

12. Heaven or hell is right here on earth.

13. Heaven and Hell, Yin and Yang, It is all experienced in our life, on this bio-rock.

Surely you have been in physical or emotional or even spiritual distress/hell even once?

In death, we are all united, as we were all once one before this diverse experience.

14. Okkkkkk we get it youre an atheist yada yada yada. Why cant you just play along? You dont even have to believe in hell to say what your idea of it would be. Try not to be such a smart ass. I feel bad for your friends, although theyre probably just as arrogant.

15. hell is a big big room, filled with pounds & pounds & pounds of the highest grade herb available. Papers, roach card, bongs, pipes its all there.... but there is no lighter of tool of any kind to produce heat. thats hell

16. I don't believe in afterlives, but if I did, Hell would be any kind of afterlife at all.

The dead are meant to stay dead. Eternal life is something not worth having.

17. We are in hell right now, & if we make the right decisions through this life while we're here we will be accepted into heaven...?? IDK wtf is up but I'm living everyday like it's the last till I die.

18. That is a matter of opinion, I mean that is if you overcome the Tuck Everlasting depression (outliving everybody else).

19. Hell isn't a place you go when your not Christian, it's the failure of your life's greatest ambition.