Havent smoked since Dec 96'

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by HogDogity, Dec 28, 2009.

1. I just cut n pasted this from my about me...

Its been... a long time. I have been smokeless since Dec of 1996. Long story there. Its a little more personal than is necessary. But Ill give you the basics.

Im 32 now, and went clean around 20. It was the right thing to do. I was immature and self destructing. And life became so much better when I got my head straight (That took about 5 years). I went from crash and burn to a great life. Stable, married, good job, good friends.

So now I find myself all grown up and realizing - Its OK for me to smoke. I'd like to enjoy the bud for what it is. In peace, knowing that Ive got my shit straight.

Problem is - no one I know would ever (ever) be a smoker. I am plugged into a very clean/conservative group of folks. They drink and all, but thats it. And I dont mind. I like it really. Stable people make for good life. Only problem is, Im the only person who understands that a God given plant shouldnt be illegal. In fact, I dont really drink that much. I would prefer to be cleaner and smoke.

Anyway.

Im stuck.

If people found out that I intended to smoke, it would get messy. It would be like the biggest news in our entire community ever. It would mess with alot of stuff I dont want messed with. So I have no friends that would have any connection - and Im (already) paranoid about talking to the wrong person.

Ive brought it up with my wife, and she has been ok. She doesnt say a whole lot, but she seems to understand the natural/non-addictive/"better-than-alcohol-for-a-list-of reasons" reasoning. Ive joked about growing my own... and thats where she gets a little more vocal :) She doesnt like the idea of risking our house, etc.

So Hello world. You are like the first people other than my wife that I have made this confession to (I think). I want to smoke buds. Fat, fluffy, red haired buds.

Anyway.

Thats me.

2. Man that sounds like shit, and really as long as weed isn't your life you should have no problem smoking and it really pisses me off how so many people think its morally wrong, and that sounds like judgemental bull crap. I would just smoke

3. Damn I was 7 years old when you quit smokin'. I didn't even know what weed was then! lol

4. welcome back...we've been waiting for you...

• Like Like x 1
  5. finding a connect isnt that hard man try to make freinds with someone who smokes

6. Maybe ask some high schoolers.

It should be easier to tell stoners apart in a group of teens as opposed to Adults ....

7. very interesting story. I Would recommend maybe doing a small op grow that shouldnt cause much suspicion and wouldnt take a lot of energy or time. If you have a small area you could grow 2-5 plants every couple of months and get a good personal use amount. I would check with your states cultivation laws and such at norml.org if the penalty is not stiff for a few plants I would say its worth the risk just remember with growing to keep your mouth quiet thats how 95% of busts occur is because someone was talking about it.. read through this site at simple grow journals or maybe read up on a couple of grow tutorials if you need any links just PM me and i can help you out. No one should have to buy on the street for this great plant

• Like Like x 1

8. I am going to be completely honest, when i read that, it creeped me out a bit.

9. what do you mean... creeped out?... We have been waiting... for him... since 1996

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have a very similar story in that I started smoking again after a long hiatus. Some was medical and some was wanting to smoke again. I went and got a scrip and get my bud from the dispensary. Getting "connections" aint happening for me, I'll just wait for it to be legal, meanwhile get my legal bud from the co-ops.

11. Very clean group of folks?

I associate myself with "clean" people all the time, and they all smoke marijuana.

Conservative politicians smoke weed too, ya know?

12. Either way, he clearly doesn't want his group of friends or social group to know he blazes. You'll figure it out. Personally, Id grow, but if not just look around. Its easy to spot ppl who blaze.

13. Just do a very low key grow that will not risk your life. It can be done.

I highly suggest watching Barry Cooper's Never Get Busted series, he details how to do a grow in your house without getting busted, and his advice is on the behalf of a former narcotics job he held (in other words he knows what he is talking about.)

You can do a small, constant 1-2 plant grow that will keep you stocked up and avoiding the sketchy folk out there. Tell your wife that it is much more risky to bring it out in the open, than it is to keep your hobby locked deep in your basement under lock and key/under wraps.

Just my .02, and good luck to you man. Glad you realized that alcohol is far worse for you than pot.

Or you can move to a dispensary state (CA, CO, possibly RI soon) if you really prefer not to grow.

14. yea thats what i was just thinking, i was only 6.

15. Thanks for the responses.

This made me laugh :)

This really has been my best option - and my personal preference (I like to build things...) - but I dont think it is feasible. I live in a rural part of Va - so I have the privacy, but there are two problems. One - my wife would have none of it. The laws in Va would have any growth be a federal issue (I checked norml long ago). And, we have friends over and such - and the house isnt very large. But... I still do occasionally drop the hint that it would be safer to grow my own, since I wouldnt have to risk sales etc. But my wife... is not going to let that happen. At least not now.

No - I dont think this is cool. Frankly, I dont think most HS'ers should be smoking. I dont want to start a flame war on that. Just my opinion. Some might be able to handle it - but really, kids need to learn how to manage life and be successful first. It was the mistake I made. I dont want to encourage that mistake. (And really... the thought of asking HS'ers for weed creeps me out).

Well actually - it is. Like I said, my group of friends (which I really like) are NOT even CLOSE to people with ANY connection to buds. And Like I said, I am very concerned about asking the wrong person - it would be pretty bad if people in my world found out. you'll just have to trust me on that. Fine upstanding citizen and all. I have thought about a guy i work with... but same problem there. Awesome job, dont want to risk it.

Ive almost come down to asking random people. Like at the grocery store. Dude with dreads who doesnt look like a douche... I almost asked... figured he might not trust me, etc... whatever. Anyway. I am praying (seriously) that an opportunity comes up.

I agree. Drinking has more moral issues than smoking. There is no reason for a person to say its ok to have a glass of wine and then say a person is morally broken for smoking pot. (you can abuse both of course) But... its burned into the American mind that pot is eeeeevil....

If I do find a connection - I will do my best to post (live if I can ;)

16. My other suggestion would be to maybe contact NORML and ask their advice.

If watching Barry Cooper's Never get busted w/ your wife doesn't convince her, you are definitely going to have to be creative.

17. This is the issue. I love them. I know every thing about them. I dont want new friends. And its not like they would be pissed at me - its just that it would start a tidal wave of SHIT that I cant begin to explain. You'll just have to trust me.

18. Really? Would Contacting NORML help? Im sure they walk a tightrope already with what they can/do say...?

19. haha im in the same position just its with my family. Although my immediate fam sorta just avoids the topic after the 2nd time getting caught. :p I told em im never quitting.

I feel you, man. It will work out. I bet you will also be surprised. Maybe ask some co-worker or soemthing that you super close with but on good terms.

20. #20 CREAM, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
    Well I highly doubt they'll say "call this guy," a matter of fact I know they will NOT give you an actual connect, but they may be able to offer you some advice legally and so on. Make sense? The people that run NORML live in the DC metro and are straightforward professional folk, so at one point or another they may have been in your shoes, and can offer some advice. But yea, asking them for specific information won't yield anything.

That, and I highly recommend the Barry Cooper DVD if you are worried about maintaining a reputation/keeping your hobby to yourself and your wife.

Good luck to a fellow VA'er, it is tough to be a toker in this state, especially if you are far from an urban area/over 25 years old.