Christmas in Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by stonerfrom60s, Dec 31, 2015.

1. I haven't visited Denver since legalization but am guessing the worlds best weed can be found there and no longer in Holland. What Amsterdam has over Colorado, Washington and Oregon though is the relaxed and cool vibe of being able to smoke in the coffee shops and on the streets. I really enjoyed getting high with European folks, mostly much younger than me, out in the open. The USA laws of having to go home to use are just anti social, restrictive and stupid. But even in Amsterdam it would have been even better with cocktails or beer. But I solved that problem walking around between coffee shops. I was warned against pre-rolled joints somewhere as some of them are mixed with tobacco, but my personal joint rolling skills faded many years and brain cells ago. I've been using Vapes for years at home. Was surprised to learn that the new school rolling papers are cigar length compared to the zig zag's of the 60's and I couldn't do shit with them. Before I purchased a pipe at a head shop, though, I did purchase a pre rolled joint of "white widow" which was priced exactly half the going rate of €15 of all the other pure cannabis pre rolled reefer. I did get high but not wrecked off this, so I quickly figured out it was probably not really white widow. Duh. Stupid gullible tourist. With all the snow falling in CO, guess I might just have to plan a ski trip in February, find a 420 friendly bus from Denver to Copper Mt, then book a 420 friendly hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Not legal to smoke in the street. Worse than that is it's a MAJOR social faux pas. Yes, even by stoners. Great place though!

3. Looks like Alaska is allowing Amsterdam style coffee shops..

http://whqr.org/post/alaskas-pot-cafes-will-give-patrons-taste-cannabis#stream/0

4. I found a few quiet alleys that seemed cool and not too flamboyant. I felt more relaxed than I would in Seattle

5. #5 stonerfrom60s, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
    '>http://whqr.org/post/alaskas-pot-cafes-will-give-patrons-taste-cannabis#stream/0'>http://whqr.org/post/alaskas-pot-cafes-will-give-patrons-taste-cannabis#stream/0</a></p></blockquote></a>

Good ol' Alaska. This is such a better idea. Get high, get to know some locals or some tourists. As a frequent tourist, I really like meeting new people traveling, meeting them while high is just more fun. Plus, it's always good to try out the new strains on the spot, though if the first one is a killer, that's it for a while, I suppose. Another thing, Alaska is so scenic being high would be a bonus except of course in grizzly or even moose country. Them fellers not so friendly with humans. Ravens though shy are more friendly, in Juneau they hang out like pigeons, only cleaner and more intelligent.