first time with edibles, terrible experience

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mynameis832, Sep 17, 2013.

1. #1 mynameis832, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
    So I'm at college and last night I was offered half of a pot cookie. I've smoked a couple of times before and it didn't really do much for me. I was definitely high, it's just the experience wasn't overall pleasant or unpleasant for me.

This was nothing like that. I'm going to try and see if I can make a rough timeline of events, which, if you've gone through this experience, I'm sure you know is difficult...

11 PM: Ate the cookie. Not sure if half was going to even do anything, oh boy was I wrong.

11:30 PM: Not really feeling anything. Go to lounge with other students, notice that I'm pretty talkative, but still able to help a fellow student with his work.

Midnight: it starts to hit me. There's a body "tingly" high, and I stagger a bit as if I'm drunk. I watch a video on youtube with swirling colors, and it's like an out of body experience. I walk back to the lounge to socialize and it feels it takes ten minutes to pass by each door (actually six feet apart). My head is still pretty clear, and I'm really enjoying it at this point. I find that I can close my eyes and let my head roll around my neck as if someone else is pushing it. Tons of little things like that.

12:30-1:30 AM: Talking with this friend (who isn't high). Completely failing to have an actual conversation, but it's still enjoyable.  Still able to walk and be able to grab misc. easy food items. Cotton mouth is really really bad at this point, but enjoyable in a way too. Impossible to describe feelings while eating include a cracker being filled with thousands of needles and lightly poking at every part of my body, and moving my tongue and feeling my teeth rolling inside my mouth. At one point I honestly remember feeling a cavity just fall out. Throughout this time it keeps creeping up and up and I have the paranoia of the cookie being spikes with acid, and the high just getting worse and worse and worse. I was right about that part.

1:30 AM: My friend leaves, and I go back to my room and try to sleep. It's impossible. You know how when you're falling asleep a million thoughts race through your head, and you have a weird floating sensation? It was like that times a thousand. I could feel a 3d map of the room and everything was moving and twisting and at the time, I'm pretty sure "I feel synesthesia" popped out of my mouth (but I have no idea how exactly that felt). My heart is pounding super fast and it feels like it's shaking my entire body. Suddenly my stomach feels like it's doing backflips and I race to the bathroom and vomit out my guts. I stay in a hunched position for about 20 minutes, feeling a little better, when it starts to come back and I call for my roommate (who does not want to be doing this at 2 AM). I say that I just need someone to talk to because I'm going insane and the cookies definitely had LSD in them. He stays at my side for a little while and goes to sit on the couch.

2:30 AM: I've been sitting next to the toilet for a while now. Every time I stop having a conversation with my roommate it hits me again like a ton of bricks. Every time I try to move it's like my stomach is being thrown in every direction. I throw up my guts again, and I feel glad because I know that at the very least no more is going to be absorbed. But I still feel it. I lie down in the middle of our floor and he gets me a pillow and blanket. Things start to relax a little, but I still feel horrible. I eventually fall asleep and when I wake up, move to my actual bed...

No dreams.  I wake up at 11:00 AM and I'm so glad that it's mostly over. It is currently 12:02 PM and I decided to make this a day off (I feel really weak). I'm still feeling little effects, like a very mild body high, but the worst is definitely over.

Is this actually pot? I only had half of a cookie. This was absolutely nothing like what I felt smoking, and while I've never actually taken acid I just feel like there's no way marijuana could do something like this. http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=93274 sounds a little like my situation; going from pleasant to not even being able to walk. But throwing up? I've never heard of pot doing that.

Sorry for the long post. I just need to tell someone this and hear back from them. Thanks.

Edit: One more thing I remembered. While I was in my throwing up stage, I had the worst cottonmouth in my life. But whenever I took a sip of water to wash it away, the water tasted like rubbing alcohol. Or more accurately, like I was smelling rubbing alcohol through my tongue.

2. Lesson learned don't take cookies from strangers

3. when was the last time that you smoked? you said you only did it a few times so im guessing that you have little to no tolerance, edibles can be very overwhelming im guessing he made some super strong budder and combined with your lack of tolerance caused you to have a very intense high.

4. yeah you just have low tolerance and the dude made the cookie super kill.

5. Damn dude, those cookies must of had alot of weed in them.

6. have seen people throw up from bongs. last time I did edibles I was stoned out of my mind for 15 hours kinda had sore eyes a little since yhey had been blood shot for so long lol. but it was great after I came back to earth my bad back sorted its shit out. idk can u make acid cookies?

7. Dont underestimate edibles. Small doesn't mean shit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #9 mynameis832, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013

I don't see why not, in terms of just blotting an already baked cookie. There's actually a guy in the dorm who sells acid, and he *might* have done something. I just don't know if it's crazy or not.

I guess that might be it? Last time was over a year ago. I have no tolerance whatsoever, but I only took half a cookie...

Never again...

9. So according to the person I got it from, who got it from a friend, it's from a dispensary. I don't know how much of that I can trust, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

10. You'll know when you have acid.

You just had some awesome fucking cookies. Should send me some!

11. #12 Deleted member 718558, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2019

exactly right.

i too would like some if your sending hehe

13. i think you just had a bad attitude against it, and were resisting the high as it came on. first of all, you probably don't wanna be around too many ppl unless your a vertran cannabis user. then when it started hitting couldn't you have done whatever you felt like doing, like exploiting the high more and making the experience that much better?

also, you might not of known since it was your first time with edible, but that shit usually last a good 4 maybe 5 hours. taking it at 11 pm wasn't the brightest idea if you planeed on going to bet at a decent time, and/or had shit to do the next morning.

my advice next time you take it, (if you do).... the high is gonna come on strong, and you can't resist it, just ride the wave baby, enjoy it. the body high, slight-to somtimes extreme euphoria, and mind GONE.

edittt: i just read a little bit of what you last wrote...it might of been the dosage was to high, and the cookie was too good, haha. next time just have a fourth or something.

14. Dude the first half of your story sounded great, haha.

And the 3d map of the room, rapid heart beat (hear it in your ears) and not being able to sleep happens to me too when i'm REALLY high. I've never, ever been sick from smoking and i've only had edibles a few times - but i have seen friends (females) get sick.

Definitely don't think there was LSD, haha. You just got some potent shit meant for high tolerance users.

15. Nice wahoo!

16. Thanks man! 70 lb'er caught off the Mississippi gulf coast.

17. #18 SiriusWolff, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
    Fucking LOL @ LSD cookies :laughing:

You probably got sick from eating. The heart pounding is normal, the body high is normal, the visual effects are normal, you are just inexperienced and got your first taste of a real high and flipped out.

18. You just got to high for your low tolerance op. also it sounds like you let paranoia get the best of you, due to your low tolerance. Next time make sure you find out how strong the edible is before you decide on a dosage. I think pretty much all real stoners have experienced the horrors that paranoia can bring. But you lived op and now your a stronger person because of it. If you decide to give edibles again just go with the flow and don't fight the high, think positively and have fun!

19. Dammit you guys are lucky where can I get some edibles at