Cancer.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Menchville, May 14, 2013.

1. Just needed to post, to get some of this off of my mind and the Marijuana isn't helping with the paranoia, last week on Monday, I went to my dermatologist to get a routine mole removed which was irritating me, a week passed and yesterday I receive a phone call stating that the mole is early stages of Melanoma, and I need to get surgery to see if it has spread to my lymph nodes.  I am in the Army, 8 year fresh contract..I will get kicked out if I get diagnosed with anything over stage 0 melanoma, and then my whole life/career is put on a halt. The U.S Army is the only thing I have wanted to do since Junior year of high-school, just to be stopped by this stupid shit is driving me crazy.

On May 20th, I will get the final conclusion on the level of melanoma, and will decide if I am still fit to serve.

Smoke a joint for me GC, 

Smoke on Guys.

V/R.

Mench :bongin:

2. Best of luck brother i hope you can continue on the path you want.

3. good luck man, sending positive vibes your way

4. #4 llllllllll, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
    Is it feasible to withhold this info from whoever is your next in charge / boss or whathaveyou

I mean if its not holding you back at all I would just proceed as if everything was as it had always been.

5. Yea legally the army shouldn't have access to private medical records like that should they?

6. Time for you to get on the RSO wagon my friend!

GRANNY???

7. Thank you, much appreciated.  :smoke:

8. RSO?  :confused_2:

9. I am in the Army, my yearly medical physicals might show it if I give them any reason to open my medical records, nothing is a secret in the military.

Thanks man, will hit this bong for you.  :bongin:

Thanks man.  :bongin:

Legally? I don't have the same rights as a civilian, they can pull any records they want without my permission. I signed away a few rights when I signed my contract.

10. You're actually kind of lucky. The army won't kick you out until your treatment is done and you won't have to pay a thing because it's all handled under Tricare.

It's easy to look at the negatives but it's better to look at the positives. Plus how do you know you'll get kicked out? I was in the marines and had a CWO3 who got cancer and wasnt kicked out.

Only difference was he was about 3 years from retiring so that may have made a difference.

And why are you smoking? If you love the army so much, the last thing you should be doing is smoking so that you could pop on a piss test. Then you're done for sure.

11. Also, they can't just look at your medical record without your permission. I feel for you dude but you're wrong on that one.

12. Rick Simpson Oil (http://phoenixtears.ca/) I'll write another post soon, when I'm not completely wrecked.. it's 0530.

I am a AROTC SMP Cadet, I am a 3rd year student who will be getting his officer commission in the May of 2015, I owe the Army 8 years, they would kick me out in a heart beat because I have literally no time in yet, it wouldn't be worth the risk of something happening on their budget.
    I am in the summer, I have 3 months off time where I will not see any of my Cadre or Military members, I do not even live in the same state so drug tests are not likely, but I suppose you are right and I take that risk sadly. I do not smoke 10 months out of the year, and I will not smoke during active duty.
    :bongin:
    They can at my yearly medical physical, they will look through everything under my medical record because they cover all of my costs throughout the year, so they will see this.. Thanks for the prospective though.  :smoke:

14. Good luck. I'm glad you went in and they found this, because if that mole had not been bothering you, you could have lost more than just being in the Army.

15. I suggest the RSO my friend, I have never done it or witnessed it but heard / read many success stories and highly have faith in it !
    Cancer is horrible, I wish you the best of luck !

16. Are you a reservist?

Right idea, but a topical rub would work better and would not show up on tests. :smoke:

18. hey man. wish you the best. hope it turns out fine.