Bradley Manning: American Hero.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Durchii, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Just read this on the AJ Opinions page, so I figured I would share it with everyone here.

Bradley Manning: American hero - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

2. What a great article! Thanks for sharing.

I love AJE.

If only Manning didn't have to tell the guy who later snitched on him.

3. Yeah, that pos from wired magazine is scum. What goes around comes around though, he lives a paranoid life, death threats and all..

Great article, the guy is a hero.

4. I wouldn't call him a hero. The guy's an asshole. He punched a woman in the face. I think what he did with wikileaks was for the most part a good thing, but that doesn't change his character.

5. Come back when you've done something even near as courageous as what Bradley Manning has done and then we'll have this discussion..

6. no. One act doesn't change the fact that he's a shitty person. He punched one woman in the face, and threatened his stepmother with a knife. That's not something a hero does.

7. It's good to see other people reading Aljazeera! <--I think I even spelt it right! :laughing:

8. It's just a shame that the US Government is unwilling to comply with human rights activists requests to speak with Bradley Manning which is illegal under international law. They've said they'd only allow an interview under camera surveillance which is completely wrong and immoral.

Your Government isn't giving an American 'traitor' HUMAN rights. Doesn't this scare anyone else?

9. #9 mushroomsatsuji, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No one is perfect, and at least he had the balls to do something no one else would

10. During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

I'd personally love to see an interview with Manning, but by now he's probably lost all sanity under the conditions he's being kept in...

11. Isn't he still in solitary confinement? :confused:

12. I stand by my words..

13. I don't know what to believe from the media anymore, I guess that's to their credit. He's still a hero in my eyes despite what he may have done beforehand.

Imo attempting to rescue a country from a tyrannical Government > Punching a woman in the face.

Maybe that's just me, I don't know. :confused:

14. Having spent 4.5 years in the military, being discharged honorably and being in Baghdad for the 'surge' I can say I'm quite happy and supportive of what Bradley Manning did. To people pointing out that he punched a female officer let me just say that verbal abuse is handed out like nitrogen in our atmosphere and the punch was probably the result of months of verbal abuse with absolutely no recourse possible.

15. Yet two acts seems enough to deem someone shitty. I've already spoken to the punching the female officer in the face, trust me when I say that pretty much every military person has a good punch due to them by quite a few soldiers below them.

16. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI_HsQTCieg

17. Yes in an u.justified psychotic fit of rage I'm sure.

the women definatly didn't do anything to provoke getting punched.

This man is garbage

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Isn't it convenient the guy who pissed off the most powerful people on the planet is now having his character dragged through the mud? I mean come on who believes this shit? I mean its as transparent as them accusing assange of being a rapist, I mean seriously. I am sure the next whistleblower will be revealed as a pedophile and the sheep will lap it up. 

19. Damn, good thread but talk about necro haha. Durchii don't even come around here anymore.

20. #20 Deleted member 95373, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013

As much as I'm with you, at the same time not everything is a conspiracy. You have to remember that many facts will be uncovered about people as reporters and the media go in depth and everyone has skeletons. Do I believe the government is eagerly lapping up any damning character evidence? Sure. But I doubt they're just making things up as they go(as far as Manning goes).

The only thing really fishy about the Assange case if I remember right is that it would put him in a place where he could be extradited to the U.S. and face criminal charges, but the case itself I don't remember being too fishy, I think it was circumstantial though. I'm also not prepared to say Assange is a saint and isn't capable of such a thing so idk about that.