Repeal The PATRIOT Act

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Feb 5, 2011.

1. #1 ImTheJoker4u2, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    Sign here... http://chooseliberty.org/patriotact.aspx?pid=nd2

[​IMG]
    The Republican-controlled House and Democrat-controlled Senate are scheming to sneak through another renewal of the freedom-stealing "PATRIOT" Act while the American public is not paying attention.

That's why it is vital you sign this petition to your representative and senators DEMANDING they repeal the "PATRIOT" Act.

Campaign for Liberty will fax your petition to your representative and senators.

After you sign, please make a generous contribution to Campaign for Liberty to get more folks in this fight. Campaign for Liberty operates as government should, meaning we will not go into debt. We are entirely dependent on your ongoing financial support.

Repeal the "PATRIOT" Act Petition to:
    My Congressman and U.S. Senators​

Whereas: Congress passed the original "PATRIOT" Act in the heat of the 9/11 tragedy without thoroughly reading or debating a bill that would transform our country into a national security state; and

Whereas: The implementation of the national security state has created an expansive, inefficient, and secretive bureaucratic nightmare increasingly being targeted to spy on Americans, even based on anonymous information and political affiliation, all supposedly in the name of "keeping us safe."; and

Whereas: Last year, Congress sneaked though a one-year extension of the "PATRIOT" Act with little public debate; and

Whereas: The Republican-controlled House and Democrat-controlled Senate are ready to once again sneak this bill through while Americans are not paying attention; and

Therefore: To protect Americans from spying conducted by the national security state, I demand you vote against any legislation renewing the so-called "PATRIOT" Act.

Please submit the information below to sign the petition.
    Copies will be faxed to your representative.
    http://chooseliberty.org/patriotact.aspx?pid=nd2

Campaign for Liberty is a 501(c)4 lobbying organization which neither supports nor opposes candidates for public office and claims
    no responsibility for the actions of individuals or groups of individuals who use the Campaign for Liberty logo or name or who
    may claim to act as representatives of the Campaign for Liberty without prior written consent of the Campaign for Liberty.
    © 2011 Campaign For Liberty | 5211 Port Royal Road, Suite 310, Springfield, VA 22151 | (703) 865-7162 (V) | (703) 865-7549 (F)

2. i'm scared to sign this.. especially because the patriot act probably allows them to see who clicks on these things and who signs up :(

am i crazy?

3. At this point they're already in your email, on your phone, and in your bank records, so what you oppose it?

4. #4 Johnny Cash, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    Good luck Americans.

I hope you change something. I'm obviously not entirely qualified to speak on this since I've never even visited your beautiful country, but from an outsider's perspective, it looks like America is going downhill very quickly. I think awareness of things like this are extremely important.

Don't get distracted and fooled by mass media!

5. Too late...

6. yeah you're right.. the ron paul campaign contributions and the weed sites don't help either :p

7. LOL
    Im also a member of LEAP - That's really gotta grind their gears lol

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSpqPtmX_bE]YouTube - Patriot Act Was Signed Into Law With NO Debate In The House Of Representatives! NONE![/ame]

9. I'm not for the repeal of the Patriot Act until the following conditions can be met:
    1. The repeal is effective the date the law was enacted.
    2. All actions considered criminal before the bill, committed after the enactment of the bill, become prosecutable and receive serious investigative funding.
    3. All crimes found are to be charged to those who are responsible for them, no matter how high their office.

Without any of this, repeal is practically useless. The first time these powers are desired in the future, they will simply repass them, unless they can see the price of doing so.

10. Repealing it is better than expanding it. As it stands it would be easier to expand [homeland security] than to downsize or eliminate it.

11. I think the internet and organizations like wikileaks can undo the damage that corporate media has done.

12. As long as our government doesn't put in the internet kill switch and label him (Assange) a terrorist and toss him in gitmo:mad:

13. #13 Johnny Cash, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2011
    That would cause a LOT of anger.

You have to realize how deeply embedded the internet has become in western society.
    Many people use it just to kill time.
    We've become accustomed to our freedom of obtaining information. If they take that away, the same people that used to be kept busy by the internet will take to the streets and take it back by force.

I know the Americans are out for Assagne. That's a really stupid decision. Everyone I have talked to in my country about this lost some respect for America for doing that. I doubt the Americans will get their hands on him though. If they do, the whole world will probably turn against them even more.

I don't know what Assange still has as leverage, but the Americans better weigh out the consequences of capturing Assange vs. the damage done by his leaks very carefully.

I think Assagne has a couple of aces left up his sleeve. Let's just hope they don't somehow take them away from him.

PS: I thought Obama closed guantanamo bay? Why on earth is there a US prison camp in Cuba in the first place?

14. It's too late to be honest. There is no stopping our country from becoming a police state, we waited too long to wake up.

It will be very challenging, but possible, to get things to a pre - 9/11 era freedom wise.

15. I think an event such as 9/11 and its consequences was inevitable but that's just my personal opinion.

I do believe you already are or are rapidly becoming a police state. This can be reversed, but it would take major changes. And as we all know, change is scary to many people.

Again, this is from an outsider's point of view.

16. Yeah, and I totally agree with you. I also strongly believe 9/11 was an inside job, there is just too much evidence suggesting it is, but that's not the point of it I guess because weather the government did it or not, it happened.

And they have basically built this police state around that event.

17. Yup, the new world order was born of september 11th.

18. Well I got a response:mad:

[​IMG]

Last paragraph. What a bunch of complete horseshit

19. Complete horse-shit would be an accurate way to describe that letter and Jim Sensenbrenner in general.

20. The biggest travesty of them all is he's on THE HOUSE SUBCOMMITTEE FOR THE CONSTITUTION AND CIVIL RIGHTS!!!!!

How can you preach the constitution while subverting it at every turn? :mad::mad::mad::mad: