dhs - tsa - wtf?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, Nov 16, 2010.

1. #1 Limecat, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    Why is the government even in charge of security for our airports? They have better utter failures at just about everything...

I was reminded of an old Ron Paul article with all this nonsense going on now in the news:

The Lessons of 9/11 by Rep. Ron Paul

Video:

(2004) Ron Paul Discusses the 9/11 Report & other Issues

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt64PwS5WTg]YouTube - More Secrets, More Surveillance, Less Security[/ame]

[ame=http://www.livevideo.com/video/ConspiracyCentral/8597403EC7E240D1B17A1B8B7F1F31F8/ron-paul-to-rudy-read-the-9-1.aspx]Ron Paul to Rudy "Read the 9/11 Report!" - Ron Paul on CNN - Channel: ConspiracyCentral on LiveVideo.com[/ame]

1998 -
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hJTisovvjc]YouTube - Ron Paul Predicted 9/11 a Decade Ago!!!!!!!!!!!![/ame]

Current-
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni4GVWvT2Zs]YouTube - Fmr Asst TSA Admin - checkpoints violate 4th amendment[/ame]

Current headlines:

TSA to investigate Oceanside man ejected from airport, may prosecute - SignOnSanDiego.com

TSA: Despite objections, all passengers must be screened - CNN.com

Full Frontal Nudity Doesn’t Make Us Safer: Abolish the TSA - Art Carden - The Economic Imagination - Forbes

U.S. officials defend new airport screening procedures | Reuters

Hearings - U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, & Transportation

Napolitano: Scanners are safe, pat-downs discreet - USATODAY.com

Backlash Over New Body Scanners « CBS Philly – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of Philadelphia

What say YOU?
    :smoke:

2. 3rd video is good and I liked that Forbes article.

3. If you'll recall, government run air port security was implemented immediately after 911. Almost as if this is what they had in mind all along. :rolleyes:

4. Even if it was committed by Islamic radicals and not an inside job per se, 9-11 has been used as part of a psy-ops program by the Military Industrial Complex to keep the war bucks flowing.

Airport security is like maintenance drugs for that psy-op. It's just there to keep 9-11 fresh in our minds.

If they don't change it up from time to time - new procedures, new equipment, new restrictions to carry-ons - then it all becomes rote and fades from our consciousness.

It's just a facade anyway. Do you really think that if they got past the FBI and the CIA and the last thing standing between the terrorists and another 9-11 was the minimum wage TSA worker with a GED and a superiority complex, that it would be stopped?

Unlikely.

5. This is what I don't get... I mean it isn't even screening everyone. I flew earlier in September and they already had these guys in Thurgood Marshall. I remember thinking that I didn't go through the new scanner, what if I had a bomb? Are they seriously scanning people in the nude for a chance at random to catch someone? Security has to be more than random chance...

Not that I want more security at air ports, I just imagine if you were going to do it to actually protect people it wouldn't be at random. The only way I honestly think this would ever be effective in weeding out potentially life threatening individuals is if it was used to scan every single person in the air port.

6. I hope airports opt out, I can't imagine why they wouldn't...

Down with TSA!!

Amid airport anger, GOP takes aim at screening | Washington Examiner

7. The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

8. I was watching CBS news last night...er, I mean I was flipping channels and the remote quit working when I got to CBS, but anyway, this dude was going thru the screening process (and recording it on his phone) and told the patter downer that he was going to have him arrested for sexual assault if he touched his "junk" during the screening. The TSA employee said they don't consider it sexual assault, to which the passanger responded, "It would be if you weren't the government." So can we add sexual assault to the list of things on which the government has a monopoly?

9. But the federal government has made it pretty clear over the years that they don't give a shit about the Constitution. :(

10. Constitutional rights are a concept that exist only in hearts and minds.

El goberneo can and will suspend every one of your so called "rights" selectively when ever they see fit.

11. LOL :p