Why does McCain want to continue Bush tax cuts?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fuzzyl0g1c, Aug 8, 2008.

1. the entire tax system is a fraud. they should flat tax everyones income 10% regardless of what they make. no deductions, no nothing. just a simple 10% of gross earnings. the government would have more cash flow to run the country and the citizens wouldnt have the black day of April 15th deadline every year to look forward too scrambling to try and decipher the tax code book which is about 8 inches thick now with rules and regulations of what is taxed, what is income, what is an allowable deduction etc etc tired head etc.

this would eliminate massive paperwork piles, no more refund checks to be dispersed which is nothing more than the government reimbusing you the money they over charged you in the first place.

it doesnt have to be complicated like it is today. they make it that way to confuse the american people and its done this way on purpose.

our constitutional rights are violated everyday. I dont know why the govt pretends to follow the constitution because they dont. today, its a worthless document written and signed over 200 years ago. today, it's nothing more than an artifact. The government only recognizes the parts of the constitution that best suits its interest and needs. the rest is conveniently overlooked. try using the constitution as a defense in a court of law. a hint, you will lose your case if that is your only defense.

I would like someone to name me one president that has followed through with the promises they made during their campaign to get elected president of the USA. If your going to name a president, back it up with the promises they made and kept.

its a popularity contest. bottom line is, the president doesnt really have any power to do anything. I dont find it necessary to even have a president of this country. they are useless. lets just hire a good smoke and mirror speaker and call it what it is.

my rant for the day!:smoking:

2. Wahington post is buttering up Obama, increasing the tax on the superwealthy will definetly pay for his universal health care, but do we really want to piss off the people in this country that control all the money.

3. That's why McCain stands by the tax cuts, and anything else on the agenda of the wealthy right wing.

4. Hmm, maybe because we're on the verge of a second great depression?

Stealing people's money, whether through street criminals or state criminals, is not productive to the economy. If you tax the rich heavily, the burden will seep down to those who can't handle it.

Maybe we should think about eliminating spending in government before we begin looting our citizens.

5. taking away government programs by eliminating spending is what we need to do, but more Americans will be more mad about that than being taxed more.

6. bullshit.

not even fucking close.

7. "before we begin"? we been getting the tax looting shaft for years. everything you do is taxed on a city, county, state and / or federal basis. EVERYTHING! do you honestly think the government needs your withholding from your paychecks to run this country? think about it.

and the government doesnt care how much money they spend or how big a deficit it runs up. its just a number for them. its a great selling point when your auditioning (campaigning) for president of the USA. these candidates know they dont have the say so on whether or not the budget is balanced when elected, its all empty promises.

they dont ever plan on paying it back or it would have been done decades ago. when the cash flow gets tight (and I dont beleive it ever does), the federal reserve steps in and gladly prints more cash to put into circulation which in turn lowers the value of our dollar. our govt pays interest on that printed money to the federal reserve bank. the govt witholds tax from your paychecks to pay that interest. its a never ending cycle that is never going to end until we get rid of the federal reserve owned and operated by a collection of international figures that control 98% of the worlds wealth. they have so many countries sucked in (trapped) that its a viscious never ending cycle. a hand full of people control the worlds economy.

if you have cash savings, you would be wise to buy precious metals such as gold instead. if (when) your bank or government folds, your cash is worth no more than the paper its printed on. gold is always considered wealth and that dates back many centuries.

8. I was joking, I always have talked agianst Obama's crazy ideas, an 11.5 and 8.7 increase is bullshit increase, even for the super wealthy, that is like saying to a millionare, were going to take a month and half of what you make every year, on top of what I already take out, to pay for my crazy policies.

9. Haha, what's funny is most of the wealthy find ways to get out of paying a lot of taxes as it is, and I'm sure they'd have no issue getting out of this as well.

10. #11 fuzzyl0g1c, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
    I am at fault for this by showing you only one point of the data; these changes are from last year to this year. You see huge spikes for the super rich because for the past 7 years Bush has been lowering their taxes; when you normalize the data it's not that huge of a hike, it's what it should be and was at a time when we didn't have a trillion dollar defecit.

Bush said Tax cuts for the rich create jobs; even if that's true, the profit doesn't trickle down past the corporate level. They suck up all the revenue.

Tax cuts are the largest portion of the deficit you can't keep spending money and taking less in. People don't realize how much this will hurt us in the future..

[​IMG]

Bush enacted tax cuts when the majroity of people didn't want them, only the top earners did so they could...dun dun dun...make more money. Here's the distribution of revenue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We're going to have to pay more in taxes whether you like or not, you can thank our wonderful president for that. Either the super rich can pay it (which they should have been all along) or the bottom three earning classes (the backbone of america) can pay an ever increasing amount in taxes.

Why are you people so sympathetic for millionaires?

11. #12 bigred420, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008

Capitalism opens the way for corruption because it allows the weak to be preyed upon by the more fortunate, it also allows thoughs who are not weak but stuck to live among the weak an avenue to become more fortunate. Robin Hood would of frowned upon Obamas ideas, because it takes money not just from the wealthy but from people that worked hard to become more fortunate.

Here are two reasons why I am so "sympathetic".

http://www.usdreams.com/DeJoria5051.html

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/FromHomelessDrugUserToMillionaire.aspx

12. probably the same reason you have this unfounded contempt for the wealthy.

13. Rich people R bad mkay, lets take all there money and get rich and alot of free shit so I don't have to do anything for the rest of my life.

14. The point of the thread is that the Bush tax cuts on the rich did not work, as shown by the data above. If you have any rebuttal to that other than mocking me and assuming I'm an idealist, it would be much appreciated.

15. The Bush tax cuts didn't solve all our problems, but it is certainly easing our fall. A tax increase at a time like now is pure stupidity.

The Rolling Stones, thankfully, has gone from sucking Obama's dick to reporting with some reason:

Don't put too much faith in campaign promises... follow the money.

16. you've been mocking conservative values and me along with other people have gotten tired of it, you should take politics with a grain of salt buddy and stop being like the people you hate, that is being blind in you belief system. I do not like the tax cuts on the rich, but I do hate more taxing the hell out of them. I never said you were an Idealist, I merely mocked your stupid comments.

17. I'm not saying Obama is perfect, when he voted for the FISA amendment he lost all my respect. I'm just talking about one issue here. I don't really like either of them but we're stuck with making that choice.

18. #19 fuzzyl0g1c, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
    I apologize if I came across as having a contemptuous agenda for conservatives, I'll refrain from the Ad hominem and stick to the issues.

It's a stoner forum man, it's all good. I'll try and be more relaxed. :smoking:

I try to be an independent thinker and reasoner when it comes to politics, my opinions are subject to change in light of new factual evidence. I'm not proclaiming to know the solution for everything.