Elastic Training Tutorial

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by MicroGrower420, May 12, 2011.

1. how much does 1 of those 2foot t5's cost? might buy one so i can make it the back of my cabinet... just for some extra light in there

2. After recovery from the previous training she should look like this below.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Topped!

Pretty much smooth sailing from here.

@420rowdyguy: I have never used a light like that so I can't vouch for it.

@medibuds: Around the 90-100$ range.

3. This is sweet, never seen something like this. Comprehensive guide, good looking out. That plant is growing QUICK!

4. Day 8

[​IMG]

Top once more. Trim Under Growth. I am trying to keep the growth as even as possible so that way there is less to manage when it's time to string+elastic train.

[​IMG]

Now I just need to sit back for 2-3 days and let her grow. I will update as she grows :wave:

5. Good stuff Micro!

Ive been out of town, but am soon to make some money and get a new fan or smaller light because I cant wait to germinate and get the dresser going.

Keep up the good work

6. Looks super good, and really clever idea! I put another teen in my box about a week and a half ago and kida forgot got about her cuz my other girls mid way through flower and it out grew my box any suggestions, I'm def going to try this soon though thanks again

7. This is how she looks so far, she is almost ready for a new container and more training.

[​IMG]

8. the T5 ^^^ in the before posts. where did u buy it? if online can you send link plz.

9. do you use the same for flowering?

or something else like different spectrum tubes but same fixture

10. Wow. That is very impressive!

11. I use a 250 HPS bulb for flowering, But they do have a mixed spectrum bulbs for the t5 lights.

12. #33 alaska, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This is as far as iv read, I'll keep reading but question, the red line, do u cut everything above that off?
    Or was that the sight u cut from, then it grew up more?
    Confused lol, my girls are from seed. I have a journal started But I don't think they are big enough to top Humm

13. Hi alaska,

Yes everything above the red line got removed. Then the smaller nodes under the red line grew up.

Also your plant doesn't look to young to be topped. I top them around that age.

Or you can wait for the plant to get more nodes.

14. All right! That's exactly what I was looking to hear! Ty so much.

15. Day 12

Back again guys :wave:

[​IMG]

Trimmed her up and took off the elastics let her breath for a little.

I am going to be doing elastic+string training after this small breather.

Note: It is good to let your plant have a break from constant LST, So every week or so take the tie downs off and let her relax for 24 hours.

16. looks like a nice even canopy! :)

17. #38 mostdopekidz, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
    So Could I do this for my outdoor plants?

18. Yes.

Great job by the way Micro. Very good tutorial so far.

19. Thanks, Good screen name!, We match ;)