Fukushima radiation now beyond instruments ability to measure

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Swills, May 15, 2011.

1. #1 Swills, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    I'll keep this thread updated, for those of you are interested in Japan and it's Nuclear Reactor.

Fukushima Reactor 1 Radiation Levels Max Out Instruments, Hit Over 1,000,000 uSv per hour

Deadly Silence on Fukushima \t\t\t\t\t

Worker at Japan's Stricken Nuclear Plant Dies
    Evacuation begins in Fukushima
    Government compiles timetable for dealing with Fukushima accident, evacuees
    ABC News catching up
    Japan evacuates villages outside nuclear zone
    Rapid meltdown occurs in No.1 reactor

Original plan to cool Fukushima nuclear reactor to be scrapped

Evacuation begins from widened no-go zone near Fukushima plant
    2 reactors in Hokkaido, Fukui running in limbo for over month
    Last active Hamaoka nuke reactor in 'cold shutdown'
    Group to seek halt of Hamaoka nuke plant for more safety steps in lawsuit

TEPCO revises plan to stabilize reactors

Nuclear plant cooling system manually shut down

Farmers to make 1st damages claim against TEPCO

Tea growers in Ibaraki halt shipments

TEPCO shares down over 9%

2. I have a feeling that the West Coast is gonna get fucked up.

3. Something will happen, this wont go until it does some sort of damage.

4. Good luck with that shit, hopefully the east coast wont get hit too hard lol

5. what is the next step? demolish the plants and seal in concrete?

6. 1,000,000 MICROsieverts is not that much. It's usually measured in milisieverts.

7. #7 Swills, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    To be honest with ya, I have no idea what any of that means. I definitely, quite possibly, perhaps am thinking that's a big number? Either way, what I am focused on is the evacuation and the "mystery" death of a Japanese plant worker.

8. #8 riejgndtueodtrd, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    Throughout the average person's lifetime, they'll receive 150 mSv (that's MILIsieverts), or .15 Sv (sieverts). According to what you posted, people near Fukushima are absorbing 1 Sv per hour. So, if they're around the plant for an entire day, that's 24 Sv/day.

That's a lot, but not as much as that article's trying to make it seem.

Here is a dosage chart from Wikipedia:

But remember, the workers are not necessarily right outside the plant all day, so they're actually receiving a lot less than the 24 Sv/day that we calculated.

Also, it seems a little odd that the article says that the reactor is emitting 1 Sv per hour. The Sievert is a unit of radiation absorption by a living organism. The units don't match up. I'd take anything this article says with a grain of salt. It seems as though the author doesn't actually know very much about radiation.

9. The first article is actually a blog. I wasn't totally happy with what a blog had to say so I went to Japans own news website and found out they were evacuating, when no one else was reporting it except 1 Japanese website. From there I found the other articles which continue the story of whats happening in Japan. I don't watch much Tv, has their been coverage of Japan in recent news or has it been overshadowed by other news?

The story of a new worker dying his first day on the job tells me something is wrong. Now they're evacuating. It's getting bad and it's definitely worse than they originally reported, that's for sure

10. I'm actually really worried right now. Like WTF is going on.

11. im guessing there should be no worries down here in florida right ?

12. If the plant goes the world will worry, lets put it that way. But lets not look on the dark side here, bright side please :laughing: Right now levels are slightly higher than normal so they're beginning to move people out. They still have plans. So I'll keep this thread alive with updates

13. if i believed in a god i'd pray for fukushima to turn into 100 times what chernobyl was, i'd pray for thousands of people to die and japan never to recover from the radiation. then maybe just maybe people would take a look at nuclear plants in their own countries and do something about them, but most likely not.

fuck it all!

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be0ow2Jjs9E]YouTube - Japan Tsunami Fukushima Nuclear Disaster 2/2- Leuren Moret - PDX 9/11 Truth[/ame]

long video, but really informing.

15. those beings are being/have been murdered, in cold blood. Though, this is but a precursor of what's to come : l

16. I haven't seen anything about it on TV. I don't really watch much.

Okay, that's just not true. "Worry" is a bit of an overstatement. We'll lament the deaths in Japan, but we won't really need to worry much here on the opposite side of the planet.

:rolleyes: The ignorance in this post is ASTOUNDING. Tell me everything you think you know about nuclear energy, I could use a good laugh.

Well then we might as well all kill ourselves. You first. ;)

17. hrm.. if by kill yourself you mean get some sleep? i agree wholeheartedly

18. If the worst case scenero happens with that nuclear reactor, that IS a world problem, but I don't think it'll get that far.

19. Just watched a doc on netflix about the atmospheric nuke testing that went on in late 40's and 50's. Over 330 tests a lot of which were 90 miles n. of Las Vegas. But it didn't hurt us at all, or so the Govt says...

20. Detonating just above the ground creates little nuclear fallout.

Look at hiroshima, that shit was detonated high