who's done mescaline?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by light green, Sep 7, 2009.

1. #1 light green, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
    so i'm thinking of purchasing a few san pedro cacti so i get some mescaline. however i've never done mescaline before. i've read a lot about it and everything, but where i live mescaline is not a commonly used drug. so i've never really heard any first hand accounts of it that weren't by hunter s thompson. and him being the author he is, i kind of expect him to have.. exaggerated mescaline for literary effect.

so basically my questions are, when you're tripping on mescaline how do you feel? let me expand on that.. is it more like mushrooms, or more like acid, or possibly something else? do you experience extreme detachment and heavy hallucination? or is it more like geometric patterns in the sky? has anyone ever had a truly spiritual trip while eating mescaline?

and lastly, did you eat peyote, san pedro, achuma, etc?

Also, what kind of music would you listen to? i listen to a lot of jazz and avant garde and experimental ambient trip hop

2. I regularly use peyote as a spiritual tool.

I'd say it's right inbetween acid and mushrooms for me. There is an intense urge to be outdoors while on it, because, at least for me, I feel that indoor spaces are too confined, and the energy that is being built up inside my body has nowhere to go unless I'm outside in the open air. The visuals are incredibly beautiful and intricate, and it can definitely become overwhelming at times. Visuals consist of ever-changing fractals and beautiful, shifting shades of every color you can think of. Things seem to shimmer and undulate as well.

I don't listen to music while on peyote. I listen to Spirit and I listen to the Earth.

3. and that sentence right there is why i want to do mescaline so badly.

how long is the peak? is the comedown gradual or abrupt?

would you recommend i ate the mescaline with a friend who is sober with a friend who is tripping with me, or alone?

do you get the paranoia that can sometimes come with mushrooms?

4. The peak usually begins for me about 2 hours after ingestion, and lasts for almost an hour. The body high is similar to a good ecstasy tab, and as I've already said, the visuals are incredibly intricate and out-of-this-world beautiful.

The comedown is incredibly gradual. It basically retreats along the same lines as it came on; i.e. if you imagine hiking up a mountain to the peak, and then descending along the same path, that's mescaline.

I would recommend tripping, at first, with someone sober, just to keep you grounded. Then I would recommend tripping with somebody else who ingests mescaline along with you. The conversations you'll be likely to have are astonishingly edifying and uplifting. You may even have some shared visuals, which has happened to my wife and I several times.

As for paranoia, no, not usually. About the only thing negative with mescaline that I can think of would be the nausea, but even the act of purging while on it is cleansing and sanctifying.

Also note that peyote is generally stronger than San Pedro, and comes on a bit faster. The San Pedro peak is anywhere between +3 hours after ingestion and +4 hours.

5. #5 light green, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009

you give a better description than everything i've read on erowid and everywhere else on the internet, i tried to give you rep but apparently i need to spread it around first. didn't even know i +repped you already aha.

thank you very much for the details. do you think you could possibly describe a typical trip for you? so i can get an idea of how you personally get down. i would really like to have an enlightening spiritual trip.

i was planning on ordering the cacti this week, then saving it to eat until the first small snow we have. then i want to walk through the forest tripping on mescaline.

and i know peyote is stronger but i can't come across any peyote where i live. so i gotta work with what i can get. i plan on having a few good mescaline trips and then i want to make some ayahuasca. have you ever had it?

6. I don't know that I can describe a typical trip, because they're all so different from each other, but I can describe the most recent mescaline trip I had.

I fast for 3 days before all of my trips, whether it be peyote, ayahuasca, or psilocybin. Once I'm ready I'll eat the peyote (6 grams of the dried cactus) and go out into the garden to pray and meditate. I feel like this is one of the most important things you can do- fasting clears all the fog from your head, and the prayer and meditation help you form the intent that you should have going into any kind of psychedelic experience. I end the prayer and meditation when I start to begin feeling some effects from the peyote; namely nausea.

Then I just lay down and close my eyes, making sure not to fall asleep. About an hour after ingestion you begin to experience a bit of tingling throughout your body, and your thoughts become clearer. Soon after that minor visuals begin, like shimmering on the leaves or on the grass, or just subtle colors behind your closed eyelids.

Everything just steadily gets stronger up until the peak, when you're just absolutely submersed in the mescaline world. Thoughts are usually introspective, various color shifts happen in the environment around you, and the visuals become intricate and honestly more beautiful than anything you've ever experienced. You can feel the lifeforce of the Earth flowing from the ground into your body, and if you listen closely enough you can hear the song of the Earth: every blade of grass, every molecule of water forms a different sound to your ear, and all those sounds combine to form a soothing song, sometimes a voice.

You can talk to things. You can say hello to the trees, you can ask them how long they've been in that spot. You definitely get the sense that absolutely everything, even the rocks, are living. When you close your eyes you're greeted by gorgeous geometric patterns, but if you persist, a whole new landscape opens up to you.

It's when your eyes are closed that Spirit will communicate with you the strongest. It's at this point that I figure out what I need to fix in my life, what I need to do to make relationships stronger, and what I need to do to get closer to God. Without getting into too many details about the things I hold sacred, it's like being wrapped up in a blanket of energy and just being imbued with pure knowledge, or Spirit. You dissolve into the earth; sometimes you become a tree, or a rock, or an eagle. Sometimes you're met with visions of Deity, or you're met with visions of plants, all communing with each other, all acting as antennas for Spirit with the earth.

Everything then begins to taper off over 6 or so hours, until you're back at baseline, and you just feel content and at one with the world.

7. my god. i am speechless. i wanted to try it, now i am absolutely positive that this is the next step i take. you sold me. that sounds like one of the most beautiful things you can experience. and it sounds like just what my body has been telling me i need. i've always used mushrooms as a window into my mind but it sounds like mescaline is the ticket to my eventual enlightenment.

have you ever had an experience with a shaman or another extremely spiritual environment? i would like to drink yellow caapi with a shaman for my first time with ayahuasca.

8. I've had the opportunity to be led into the spirit world by a shaman twice. The first was 5 years ago in California, with a Chumash shaman and datura. It was a harrowing experience, but I learned a lot about myself and about the power of datura. I won't do it again.

The second time was 3 years ago in Peru on an ayahuasca tour after the 2nd International Amazonian Shamanism Conference. That is what turned me on to ayahuasca. I now brew my own and drink it whenever I feel the call to drink it.

I practice a form of Mazatec shamanism mixed with the mystical beliefs of my childhood religion, Chassidic Judaism, but I would never call myself a shaman. Most South American shamanism, nowadays, is a fusion of traditional folk beliefs and religion and Catholicism anyway.

9. i was raised by a second generation Chasidic woman. haha. she was raised jewish and then stopped practicing when she had children. but the values and everything stayed with her. just a nice little piece of information about myself haha.

the shamanism you practice is it somewhat like.. kabbalah on psychedelics?

anyway back to the conversation.

datura has always interested me but i've never really heard too much about it. maybe later in life it's something that will happen.

I am not a religious person at all and the only reason i would want to be guided into ayahuasca by a shaman would be because i can't think of a better spiritual guide into something as insane as ayahuasca. but I wouldn't mind being guided into that world with a person as enlightened and experienced as you.

I feel like too many people use psychedelic substances simply for fun and they abuse the power, instead of actually using the experience to better themselves. but that's just my opinion.

10. I've done San Pedro, and I feel I need to warn the OP that an intense peyote experience like stoner_lurkas described will require a lot of San Pedro.

The most I've taken with San Pedro was 15 inches (tea). Obviously this doesn't mean a whole lot without the width, but know that you will likely need to get a ton of the stuff down to have an experience like that.

However each time I ate the cactus I had an extremely wonderful and enlightening time. Don't be too mad if your first time is at a lower dose.

11. i was planning on extracting the mescaline first.

12. Ah, nice. Which tek were you thinking of using? :)

13. Living in Mass I have yet to see/hear of it coming through. You can bet Im getting some if it does though.

14. Yes, my shamanism is somewhat like kabbalah on psychedelics. I find that praying in Hebrew during a psychedelic experience really opens my head up, so to speak, much more so than English. Hebrew is just such a poetic language that it really helps shuttle you into the experience that much more. Much like throat singing or dancing does for other shamanistic cultures.

I hated growing up in a Chassidic household, and wasn't a strong believer during my high school years, but I was practicing just because my parents were. Then, I started using psychedelics and that whole Chassidic mindset about the Emanations of God, or the power that His various Names bring to ritual or prayer, or our connection with Him/Her and how to remove ourselves from the World of Separation just opened up. I found that my spiritual experiences on psychedelics mirrored much of what I had been taught from an early age in the synagogue and through reading kabbalistic texts like the Sefer Yetzirah. So, while you might not be religious now, you might one day emerge from a psychedelic experience as a humble spiritualist. It happens to a lot of us.

I agree, too many people use psychedelics for fun. I don't think that is what they're intended for, because they carry too much power. I cringe when I see somebody take mushrooms and then go to a party and get shitfaced. There's no respect for the Spirit in that plant, and those people are shutting off any communication they could be having with the Divine just because they choose to add poison into their body along with an entheogen. Just my opinion, as well.

15. Yes, it will require a ton of San Pedro, but if you can get your hands on some peyote cactus, it only requires 5 or so grams, although I always use 6. I like to take what Terence McKenna called "heroic doses" of psychedelics. I think that is the easiest way to get the most out of the experience, and it's the easiest way to really learn about yourself.

16. Even as an Atheist I've got to agree somewhat here. I hear about people taking things like shrooms and acid and going out in public, or playing XBOX (!?) and I just feel like they're missing out. It was such a powerful tool of self analyzing and emotional baggage clearing that I don't even intend to do Mescaline more than twice a year.

Not that Lukas needs my backup, but I'd just like to note the odd feeling I've had ever since doing it that I feel like I'm in a club now. I can easily tell those have done it and those who are full of shit. Like now I can read something on Erowid and be like "this kid just wrote this". It's like you can sense the small difficulties in explaining the trip to people who haven't done it, and see the compromises in accuracy they have to make because there is no way to tell a sober person how it feels.

To the OP, I would warn you that this is a much more emotional trip than shrooms, and Lukas is right. I spent 40 minutes amused by the sound the wind made in the trees. You won't need music. :)

I did 40 grams of dried San Pedro powder (I am very fat, like over 300lb) and had the time of my life. I would recommend anyone who is emotionally ready for it to do it the first chance they get. For a normal person like 120-220 lbs I would recommend a dose of 20-25 grams.

17. I just ordered up to "3" pounds from The Basement Shaman - Pure Plant Vision I'm not sure that is enough for me after reading this thread??!!??

I have never made or taken any san pedro or cacti for that matter so this will be a completly new experience to me as well. Luckily i was browsing the forums and saw where someone else asked about it and I was turned on.

Now I am no genius at cacti and will be extracting the mescaline using a few guides that have been posted but now i'm concerned with dosage. like the guy above me is talking about. How do u measure the liquid that u produce so that i know how many grams i am ingesting?

I know u can't ask for advice on how much to take but maybe one could answer how to measure the liquid so that I can reference to others who have already recommended dosing info.

Thanks!

18. I wish I could find this =[

19. Shoot im in Arizona, im pretty sure we got San Pedro growing all over the place :p Sounds like your trip though is going to be quite an experience make sure you post a trip report! I'll be interested in reading it.