"It's the same dudes!" ^^

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Dug, Jun 24, 2009.

1. #1 Dug, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009
    We tripped again on shrooms last weekend with 2 friends and my brother, in a quiet beach with no lights or any kind of civilization around us. Amazing scenery, dudes, the night sky was mindnumbling. Even though I've grown up in a place where a clear starry sky is not a rare phenomenon, I wasn't prepared for this.

It's the fact that we were in total solitude in darkness that drew our attention to the sky, I think. We observed the stars for a long time, noticing their slow movement across the sky. There was a clear sense of humbleness amongst us.

It's hard to explain, but try to visualize it. We had sea in front of us, in fact we were standing into the water up to our ankles, so no obstacles were around us, except for the mountains at the far left of the gulf. Just the horizon, and the sky above.

Now normally, when I look at the stars for enough time, I can notice their movement. This time it was different.
    We looked at the stars, and when we saw their position changing I had a crystal clear feeling that we're 3 dudes standing upon a huge spherical object which is rotating around itself in the void, and propelling itself around massive stellar attractors, forced by the universal laws. Stunning! I had the feeling one would have if a spaceship the size of Mars passed by him. A deep "WWWWOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNMMMMM" feeling, accompanied by a funny sensation in my guts, like when you're swinging or falling.

Saying and understanding it are two different notions, I'm afraid. We absolutely realized how tiny we are, how impossible it is for us to comprehend the infinite spread of this cosmos.. Countless stars, innumerable worlds over our heads, and we still trifle with petty matters in our everyday lives.
    I felt like we were there before! Thousands of years ago, in the same spot, mates, looking to the same sky! Bipedal mammals gazing upon the wonders of the universe, trying to understand them.. The time that has passed from then till now is nothing
    compared to what we were seeing. One moment we descent from the trees, and the other we're hurling fuel-propelled metal cans towards the alpha centauri...

At some point one of us turned his gaze down, in the water in front of us. Well, guess what. The sky was not the only place were stars condense, apparently. My theory is that the lights we were seeing in the water were shrimps, glowing with phosphorus. Not even a couple of meters away from us, they glowed like little leds in the water.

You can guess our amazement, mates. I exclaimed "They're the SAME guys!! The SAME
    dudes!! They're doing it again!". You remember the little fireflies I talked to you about in mnt Olympus, right?
    After we stopped laughing, one of my friends, a painter in trade, told me that he's got a great idea for a kickass painting, a small elf-like or gnome-like dude holding a small lamp and grinning, closing his eye to us, and holding a tiny lamp in his raised hand, ready to prank unsuspecting adventurers by appearing from the middle of nowhere with his mateys in the dark waiving their lights :smoke:. Little fuckerz lol.
    Fucking electricity, it has castrated our ability to observe nature with all these artificial lights around us. /rant

These little thingies were absolutely trippy. They glowed for a while, then turned off, only to appear again a bit later. The same pattern as then. They gave me the feeling they were trying to imitate the magnificence of the sky above them, with their bodies and their illuminating hypnotic motion.

Damn, I can only begin to imagine how they felt, our ancestors, thousands of years before. Before the decline into history, before civilized culture, before, before, before.

When there was only us, and nature. Psychedelics or no, it doesn't even matter, although I thing that you really got to be blazed not to notice a plate-sized mushroom lying on the grass after a strong rain, while you're searching for edible things to survive.

I can only begin to imagine what levels of unity there guys must have reached, after countless nights observing such wonders around them and above them.

And as I couldn't have put it better than Carl, we are one species, mates... "We are just star stuff, harvesting star light..."

~Dug.

2. That was a colorful post.

3. Sounds like quite the expiernce man haha i wish i live by a beach :(

But if we didnt have electricity, how would gc be up :O

4. Ahah good point dude ^^

5. How much did you do?

6. A lower dose than the last time, don't know how much exactly, I guess around a gram or so. No tripping, just a different way of thinking, mate. Shrooms do that :smoke:

See ya around

~Dug

7. *bows down* You sir are amazing.

8. Oh gotcha...that's cool. My dealer just got shrooms and I'm gonna do em sometime this week, It just sucks though cuz he can only sell me 4grams tops.....And I dont really wanna trip alone so Ill probably just split 2-2 with a friend.

9. Sounds like an amazing trip, man.

10. Get 'im to be your sitter man. 2 grams will still set you off, for sure, but it wont be near as high as the 4 grams will. Just find some prime bud and chill @ a cozy place (better still at nature), and you eat the shroomz while he burns a bowl or two just to keep up.

2 grams will do you. 4 gramms and you wont be able to tell if you're angus or agnus.

Take care

~Dug

11. Just read from Mt olympus. Great posts friend. Mushrooms are an awesome gateway. I noticed a deep understanding of everything my first time. That was my only time. I see what you were saying about the being gentle the first trip. I truly believe there is a "universal knowledge" that anyone can tap into. Its a wild ride and not for the weak at heart.

12. + rep for both ur posts.

I think I like the Mnt. Olympus one better. Especially the part about the music. Great writing. And an expirience I hope to live one day.