So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Damn BrassNwood, that looks mighty tasty.

• Like Like x 1
  2. California Cannabis Coalition

Urgent Call To Action

Save Medical Marijuana in California

California lawmakers reach agreement on regulating medical marijuana-LA TIMES

We the public have not seen what is being voted on. They will not release the language before they vote. What is being hidden in this bill? Where is the transparency of government?

AB266 PHONE BLAST & MASS FAX BLAST!!!!

Phone Blast:

Governor Brown: (916) 445-2841 #4
    Toni Atkins: (916) 319-2078
    Kevin De Leon: (916) 651-4024
    Ricardo Lara (Chair): (916) 651-4033, (323) 277-4560
    Patricia Bates (Vice Chair): (916) 651-4036
    Tony Mendoza: (916) 651-4932
    Jim Nielsen:(916) 651-4904

Email Blast:senator.lara@senate.ca.gov
    senator.bates@senate.ca.gov
    Assemblymember.Atkins@assembly.ca.gov
    Assemblymember.Deleon@assembly.ca.gov
    Fax Blast:Governor Brown: (916) 558-3160
    Toni Atkins: (916) 319-2178
    Kevin De Leon: (916) 651-4924
    Ricardo Lara (Chair): (323) 277-4528, (562) 256-9991Also use fax number (916) 319-2181 for: Jimmy Gomez (Chair), Frank Bigelow (Vice Chair), Richard Bloom, Rob Bonta, Ian C. Calderon, Ling Ling Chang, Tom Daly, Susan Talamantes Eggman, James Gallagher, Eduardo Garcia, Chris R. Holden, Brian W. Jones, Bill Quirk, Anthony Rendon, Donald P. Wagner, and Shirley N. Weber
    Here are several easy-to-use free fax programs that can be used right from your own computer:
    https://faxzero.com/
    http://www.myfax.com/free/
    http://www.gotfreefax.com/
    http://www.bestfreefax.com/

Sample Fax Letter, please edit or include your own personal story for more effect!:
    Dear Legislative Member,

I request that bill AB266 be held till your return to session and therefore allow more discussion and dialog to take place. With all the negative effects this bill currently possesses, it would adversely effect many patients who are seriously ill and looking for quality of life in their final days. Furthermore we firmly believe it is even less prudent to enact such legislation upon the entire population of California, especially when it's encompassed by such a heavy budget burden to the entire state coupled by the fact it's detrimental to so many. Please allow people & patients a seat at the table to adress concerns and finalize proper legislative action that will not harm so many patients. Once again, we request that this bill AB266 be held till your return to session and therefore allow more discussion and dialog to take place.

Sincerely,

Your Name

Also, please phone EVERY member of the Senate and let them know that you won't stand for this lack of transparency in our government!

Benjamin Allen (D) (916) 651-4026
    Joel Anderson (R) (916) 651-4038
    Patricia C. Bates (R) (916) 651-4036
    Jim Beall (D) (916) 651-4015
    Tom Berryhill (R) (916) 651-4008
    Marty Block (D) (916) 651-4039
    Anthony Cannella (R) (916) 651-4012
    Kevin de León (D) (916) 651-4024
    Jean Fuller (R) (916) 651-4016
    Ted Gaines (R) (916) 651-4001
    Cathleen Galgiani (D) (916) 651-4005
    Steven M. Glazer (D) (916) 651-4007
    Isadore Hall, III (D) (916) 651-4035
    Loni Hancock (D) (916) 651-4009
    Ed Hernandez (D) (916) 651-4022
    Robert M. Hertzberg (D) (916) 651-4018
    Jerry Hill (D) (916) 651-4013
    Ben Hueso (D) (916) 651-4040
    Bob Huff (R) (916) 651-4029
    Hannah-Beth Jackson (D) (916) 651-4019
    Ricardo Lara (D) (916) 651-4033
    Mark Leno (D) (916) 651-4011
    Connie M. Leyva (D) (916) 651-4020
    Carol Liu (D) (916) 651-4025
    Mike McGuire (D) (916) 651-4002
    Tony Mendoza (D) (916) 651-4032
    Holly J. Mitchell (D) (916) 651-4030
    Bill Monning (D) (916) 651-4017
    John M. W. Moorlach (R) (916) 651-4037
    Mike Morrell (R) (916) 651-4023
    Janet Nguyen (R) (916) 651-4034
    Jim Nielsen (R) (916) 651-4004
    Richard Pan (D) (916) 651-4006
    Fran Pavley (D) (916) 651-4027
    Richard D. Roth (D) (916) 651-4031
    Sharon Runner (R) (916) 651-4021
    Jeff Stone (R) (916) 651-4028
    Andy Vidak (R) (916) 651-4014
    Bob Wieckowski (D) (916) 651-4010
    Lois Wolk (D) (916) 651-4003

California Cannabis Coalition

• Like Like x 4
  3. *** Cal NORML News Sept 11, 2015 ***

The California legislature is expected to pass long-awaited legislation to regulate the state's medical marijuana industry today. The legislation, by Asm. Rob Bonta, Sen. Mike McGuire, Asm Jim Wood and others, will establish a new state agency to license and regulate the cultivation, manufacture, and distribution of medical marijuana beginning next year. Participation will no longer be limited to non-profit patient collectives and coops. Cal NORML will post full details on our website (canorml.org) next week after the final language is published.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Pedro if you are around what do you think of this? All of these background checks are crazy!

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billCompareClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB643

5. There goes prop215 :( small backyard growers like me are not going to have a next year

6. Right on cen cal. I'll check it out in a little bit. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Any assembly bills or senate bills that get passed between now and 2016 are going to be over-ridden by whichever initiative get's passed. That's why it's so important to organize and get active to make sure the best initiative for the people is the one that succeeds. Not gonna be easy. But we all need to get involved at the grass roots level. I don't think any initiatives are signature gathering yet (at least not the ones i've been following) but it won't be long.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #9049 BrassNwood, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
    "" Patients and caregivers maintain their Prop 215 rights to possess and grow their own medicine, but collectives will be phased out, and anyone who wants to grow more than a personal amount will need a license. The bills provide for 12 different types of licenses, for "specialty," small, and medium indoor, outdoor, and mixed-light commercial grows; manufacturers, testers, transporters, distributors, and dispensaries.""
    =======================
    This will suit me as I barely meet my own needs as it is.. BNW
    =======================
    ''''Patients and providers who reside in localities hostile to medical marijuana may still be out of luck, though. The bills allow cities and counties to continue to ban such activities (although not deliveries). """
    ===========================
    This bothers me for as long as somebody else can dictate where I can grow is not acceptable.. This is the same stinking mess we have now with the state supreme court over riding the will of the people.. A few asshats on a city council deciding "not in my back yard" BNW
    =============================
    Edit:: picks up soapbox and puts it back in trunk

• Like Like x 3
  8. So if you aren't registered to vote, get that taken care of so you can qualify to be a signature gatherer and let's get this rollin'!

• Like Like x 2
  9. There is nothing on how much these licenses will cost and that makes me nervous and with ab266 I think doctors are going to be nervous giving out recs.
    And from what I understand brown is supposed to sign it in OCT

10. We can probably challenge that stipulation in the courts, BNW. The gay marriage thing just set a huge precedent. States can't "opt out" of the gay marriage laws, because it's a federal law. I bet we could argue based on that same theory that it's unjust for municipalities to restrict a right given to us by state law. I'm sure it's more involved than all that, but this is gonna get really interesting!

• Like Like x 1
  11. #9053 pedroliberty, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Some Blue Berry doing the slow dry..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  13. Uh oh.

The Game Has Changed
    and It's Much More Difficult To Play
    California has joined the rest of the medical and recreational marijuana states as the legislature finally passed and sent to the governor a comprehensive, strict and burdensome regulation and licensing scheme for California's billion dollar a year medical marijuana industry.
    It totally upends the current system as it eliminates the collective system created by SB 420 and now allows marijuana to be sold for profit. With a multi-tiered licensing system regulating cultivation, transportation, processing, testing, labeling and distribution, it is about as complete a regulation system as can be imagined with multiple government agencies, multiple licenses, gazillion regulations and lots of anything goes fees and taxes.
    As convoluted and treacherous as it is, this complex and overreaching licensing and regulating scheme should keep the DOJ away – at least as long as President Obama is president – I hope.
    Unfortunately, but not unexpectedly, cities have now been given statutory authority to ban any and all marijuana production, distribution and so on and as far as I can tell to also ban patient and caregiver cultivation. Although the bill specifically exempts patients and caregivers from the requirements of the bill, it also exempts cities and counties from the exemptions it grant patients and caregivers.
    "Exemption from the requirements of this section does not limit or prevent a city, county, or city and county from regulating or banning the cultivation, storage, manufacture, transport, provision, or other activity by the exempt person, or impair the enforcement of that regulation or ban.”

I am not exactly sure how far this exemption from the exemption can go – not only does it seem to apply to allowing cities and counties to ban any and all cultivation by patients, it also seems to allow cities to ban even the possession of marijuana by patients due to the phrase “or other activity.” Patients could then be subject to an infraction with a $100 fine and who knows what for more than an ounce plus any civil fines imposed by the city for being in violation of their zoning ordinance.
    I am not 100% sure on this and will be watching carefully over the next few weeks to see how the dust settles. In any case, this portion is extremely unfortunate as the police will now move as forcefully as ever to browbeat local governments into banning whatever it turns out that cities are now empowered to ban.
    It's going to be an interesting tug of war between elected officials genuflecting to police and wanting to feed at the pig trough of unlimited license fees and taxes that these bills allow cities and counties to impose.
    In any case these bills absolutely guarantee that the price of marijuana will remain exorbitant and may even go higher as the wild-west free-for-all atmosphere that collectives operated under comes to an end. Competition will decrease and cultivators, transporters, manufacturers and dispensaries will now have to pay state license fees in addition to local license fees and taxes.
    Many counties and cities have already banned cultivation claiming the Supreme Court's Riverside decision empowered them to do so. A court battle was brewing to test it, but now the California legislature has given cities the ability to ban patient cultivation by statutory law. Although it could be challenged as an infringement of the rights of patients under Prop. 215, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
    If it is true that cities and counties can ban ALL cultivation, then patients will have no choice but to buy their marijuana at what I believe will be even more exorbitant prices then are currently being charged.
    Of course the commercial growers and distributors of medical marijuana will not be privately upset to see bans on personal cultivation now that they can legally make as much profit as they can squeeze out of patients. Not that they didn't make a profit nominally operating non-profit collectives - just now they can say so with a straight face.
    Thank goodness that the criminal market remains and will probably grow bigger than ever. They will not have to pay all those usurious fees and taxes so they should be able to undercut the legal market significantly. I wonder if there is any compassionate criminal distributors that will provide patients living on social security or minimum wage, medicinal marijuana at a price they can afford. The licensed ones certainly won't be able to do it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ^ I really think this is our best option right now and it seems simple. I Have already signed up as a volunteer. I'd like to know what you guys think about it.