So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Weed maps and calling around will usually, at least tell you who might have clones.. From here it's PR collective in San Pedro or one of the shops in Santa Ana.. Hollywoodland always has a few dispensaries stocking clones and Red or one of the valley boys know of a place or 2 out in the west valley.. LA city proper has dozens of shops but that a bit out of my neighborhood..

BNW

2. What about all star clones any experiments with them I just hear a lot of bad things when it comes to cuts so I'm trying to make sure there atleast the genetics they claim it to be

3. I did what I had to in the early days even continuing to use Clone Queen after I'd read the crappy reviews his ex girlfriend had posted.. Ship something green had become his motto.. Never tell a customer we don't have that strain.. So yes I fully understand your desire to be sure of what your getting.. I got past that eventually when I got my own cloning finally figured out.. Your best bet with a clone delivery service like that is to ask what he's got plenty of and take a couple of each rather then asking for a fairly rare cut like GG#4 or Kosher Kush.. The last few I did that way seemed to actually be what they claimed with the 2 White Widows being lanky near pure sativas that didn't finish till Christmas..

BNW

4. Avoid all star clones.
    They claim to have success and good genetics but I got crap from them. PM out the ass and weak genetics
    Just my experience. Good luck

5. LOL answered that I guess..

6. Seems like popping beans are my best bet thanks again guys really appreciate the feed back

7. I forgot about PR Collective. I used to frequent that place and actually got a clone from them last year. I trust them enough to get another clone from them. I stopped getting flower from them because they were inconsistent in regards to quality of bud and strain availability.

Thanks for the reminder Brass.

E

8. I got gorilla glue cuts from harborside. Check there twitter or whatever its called. It seems to be growing pretty good, definitely some OG in her

9. With a close friend making regular runs up to the north end of the state I have access to Dark Heart Nursery stock now so I'll be replacing some of the questionable or low producing strains with known genetics..
    It's also about finding that select strain that works best in your personal style of grow.. I've done enough strains now over all the seasons to really narrow down what I'm growing.. If I had to pick just one it would be Blue Berry.. Slower then most I have she drops most all her fans through mid and late flower and is a snap to trim come harvest.. She's open in shape and more resistant to the Powdery Mildew that runs wild on everything here.. Same with the rest of the IPM she's easy to get BT on all surfaces.. Red Headed Step Sister in both her strains finishes much the same with just minor sugars needing clipped.. Out of the pool are Mazar, MVTF, Both Haze strains and Darth Vader.. Dark Goblin #2 and 3 both have earned a permanent spot now with the Minion City Diesel undergoing final pick this run.. Some of my newcomers are going to be booted after just the first run as they are to dense in foliage and the powdery mildew has covered the interior buds my spray doesn't get to.. Fire OG is one I don't think is going to be suitable and NYCSD is presenting issues as the catties are taking their toll despite weekly BT coverage.. I got little bud spots dying back in random spots all over her and when you tug it's been cut but I don't find any live catties.. I've doubled up my BT spray time with her in an attempt to get her finished with no more losses.. It's still very minor but I'm used to seeing none..

Blue Berry..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

10. Yeah seems like harbor side is the best bet, I've been wanting to bring some of the dark heart nursery genetics to my garden for a while now seems like the trip up north is the way to go

11. definitely the way to go. The guys that seem to go up there for genetics seem to have the best quality strains in so cal. That's no lie! Lol

12. That's cool but when you smoke hash all day, bud doesn't work no matter what strain, at least in my case.

13. Ok. Now things are REALLY starting to get interesting. Who saw this coming??

Governor Brown Takes Control

JerryBrownPointing.jpg

For Better or Worse

Depending on how you look at it, Governor Jerry Brown is either Albus Dumbledore or Lord Voldemont. After years of silence and inaction, he is now doing something about the distribution of medical marijuana. No one can now deny the importance of this issue when the Governor of California feels it necessary to step in and solve the dilemma of how to make available to the public, this ancient medicinal herb.

SB 420, passed in 2003, was supposed to solve this issue but due to the ferocious and effective opposition of police on the local level, it was never given the chance to work. In 2014, when law enforcement finally realized that they were not going to be able to turn the clock back, they proposed their own draconian bill to regulate. It was horrid and fortunately, never became law.

The dam had been breached and it seems that almost everyone now agrees that medical marijuana needs to be licensed and regulated. The question is how, and as in years past, the California legislature has tried again in 2015 with AB 266.

AB 266 has endured a convoluted path through the California legislature. Sponsors have come and gone, it has been tweaked, twisted, tortured and twittered enduring a seemingly bizarre series of legislative maneuvers. None of these maneuvers have been as bizarre as what happened on Thursday when the Senate Appropriations Committee gutted the entire bill replacing it with a single sentence - It is the intention of the state legislature to regulate medical marijuana.

What is going to take its place is Governor Brown's proposal entitled the Medical Marijuana Regulation and Safety Act. Marijuana legislation always seems to incorporate the word safety into its title because marijuana is “so dangerous”.

Although much of the Governor's proposal copies copiously from AB 266, there are differences. It is his version that is most likely to become the new AB 266.

First off, the proposal exempts patients and caregivers from its requirements. The proposal says nothing about individual cultivation so whether a city can ban a patient or caregiver from growing will still have to be decided in court. If you get your marijuana from a collective, you will be affected. If you get your marijuana from the criminal market, nothing changes.

Non-profit collectives and cooperatives are a thing of the past. The proposal allows marijuana to be sold for a PROFIT, but requires licensing on both the state and local level. This allowscities and counties to continue to ban any distribution of marijuana.

State licenses of one kind or another would be required on every level of the distribution chain – cultivation, transportation, wholesale and retail distribution. There are so many licenses someone is bound to create an app to keep track of them.

There are separate licenses for marijuana grown indoors, outdoors and for mixed indoor/outdoor grows. There are different licenses depending on the grow size and types of illumination.

Then there is a license for a “nursery” which is defined as a business that produces “clones, immature plants, seeds, and other agricultural products used specifically for the planting, propagation, and cultivation of medical cannabis.”

There are separate licenses for storing and transporting.

There are licenses for manufacturing that uses volatile solvents and a license for those that do not.

There is also a license specifically for testing labs.

As for dispensaries there are different licenses depending on the number of dispensaries operated.

This licensing scheme makes vertical integration, i.e. ownership, of cultivation, manufacture and distribution by one person or entity impossible. The bill also caps outdoor farms at 44,000 square feet and indoor at 22,000 feet.

Those who hoist the bogey-man of big business taking over the MMJ industry should be among the bill's biggest advocates as this bill absolutely guarantees that big business can't take over ever.

In addition to the multi-headed licensing requirements, the state would treat medical marijuana as it does many other products. From contaminates to potency, pre-sale inspections will be required so that flowers, edibles, extracts and any other medical marijuana product meets specific statewide standards including accurate labeling and packaging.

One of the interesting twists to the Governor's proposal not found in the gutted AB 266 is that delivery services are allowed in cities that have NOT banned them. Licensed collectives could legally deliver marijuana to patients in cities or unincorporated county areas where they are not located. Do not underestimate the importance of this provision as most cities and counties have not enacted any legislation banning delivery services.

Of course our thrifty Governor has incorporated fees up and down the line to pay for all these agencies and inspections so it won't cost the state a dime and might even make it a buck or two. Along with not costing the state any money, the proposal allows that “local jurisdictions retain the power to assess fees and taxes.” No surprise here.

Although the bill should make access to medical marijuana less of a problem, the bottom line of the bill is to guarantee that marijuana prices will remain exorbitantly high and that many will still not be able to afford all the marijuana they need.

Most of the requirements of the bill will not take effect until 2017. If there is a marijuana legalization initiative on the November 2016 ballot and it passes, then AB 266 might very well fade into obscurity as a quaint relic of a bygone era. In the meantime, it will show the federal government that California is capable of regulating its marijuana industry.

That should keep President Obama's Dept. of Justice at bay. No matter what happens on November 1, 2016, hopefully the next President will, at the very least, take the same semi-enlightened attitude.

MAPP MEETINGS TO DISCUSS AB 266 WITH SPECIAL PRESENTATION REGARDING INITIATIVE EFFORTS IN CALIFORNIA

The first week of the month is upon us and that means it's time for the September MAPP meetings in Riverside, Palm Springs and Joshua Tree. At all three MAPP meetings, the most current information on AB 266 along with the latest updates on the eight marijuana initiatives vying for California's November 2016 ballot will be presented.

Comparison_link_photo.jpg

Two of the initiatives are about protecting and enhancing medical marijuana
    and six are about legalizing marijuana. It is not known whether the big folks
    from REFORMCA, DPA and Lt. Gavin Newsom's Blue Ribbon Commission
    are going to be submitting one, two or even three initiatives, but something is
    most likely coming. To see a comparison and synopsis of all submitted and
    approved initiatives CLICK THE GRAPHIC HERE:

The marijuana initiative process has become an 8 to 11 ring circus. Although not quite a disaster it is a disorderly mess that threatens to splinter the legalization movement. To put it all into perspective and bring everyone up to speed on what is happening, there will be a guest presentation made at each MAPP meeting to help us fathom what is happening. In addition John Lee, director of Americans for Policy Reform and a proponent of MCLR, will be heard over a special phone amplification system with his take on just what is going on and answering any questions you may have.

As for AB 266, I will be providing the latest information on how it is proceeding. Since all legislation must be approved by September 7 or it is dead for this legislative session, we should have a fairly good idea at the MAPP meetings how the final bill will affect patient access to marijuana and the likelihood of it passing the legislature and being signed by Gov. Brown.

Join with your friends, make new friends and network network network at all three MAPP meetings. Of course, there will be a bonanza spread of delicious cookies and cold milk available for your nibbling pleasure.

If you haven't already – mark the MAPP meeting nearest you on whatever it is you mark dates on to remember.

Riverside/Western Inland Empire MAPP meeting - Wednesday, Sept. 2 at 7:30 pm
    THCF Patient Center, 647 Main St., Unit 4D, Riverside CA 92501.
    Brownie Mary Democratic Club will meet before the meeting at 6 pm
    Everyone is welcome to attend both meetings.

Palm Springs/Coachella Valley MAPP meeting - Saturday, Sept. 5 at 12 noon
    Crystal Fantasy, 268 N. Palm Canyon, Palm Springs CA 92262.
    Brownie Mary Democratic Club will before the MAPP meeting at 11:30a.m.
    Everyone is welcome to attend both meetings.

Joshua Tree/Yucca Valley MAPP meeting – Saturday, Sept. 5 at 3 pm
    Beatnik Lounge, 61597 29 Palms Hwy, Joshua Tree CA 92252

THE LIFE AND VIEWS OF JUDGE JAMES GRAY ON INTERNET RADIO SHOW

judgejimgray_onthebench.jpg
    As the Vice-Presidential candidate for the 3rd largest political party in the United States, Judge James Gray is a voice that is heard across the nation. The issues raised in his best-selling book Why the Drug War Has Failed and What We Can Do About It have become an avocation that impacts everything he does since ending his 25 years of service as a California Superior Court judge.

On this special edition of Marijuana Compassion and Common Sense heard at www.blogtalkradio.com/marijuananews Judge Gray traces his evolution from a government prosecutor to a vice-presidential candidate. Along the way there are discussions on how events in his life led him to make ending the War on Drugs a major focus of his efforts. From the drug wars almost comedic absurdities to the tragic and senseless loss of human life, Judge Gray provides solutions and insights with a rational and humane perspective.

With the heat soaring into triple digits in many areas, Uncle Ronie's Cultivation Corner explains how to protect your plants with proper watering and containers.

All this and more is available for you listening enjoyment and edification right now – just CLICK HERE or go anytime to www.blogtalkradio.com/marijuananews

14. In my opinion hash is better eaten than burned. For the true essence of flowers you need to vape them, but a vapor high doesn't compare to a joint, in effect. Everything is relevant... you know, the same thing only different. Several years have been used to figure out, which strain combos are effective and for what. From the flower to errl, the desired effects are completely tuneable. [​IMG]

15. Aha crap pedro! For me, thats just a shakedown. With zero freedoms added, I mean hell, it's just a money grab and more regulations Gawd I hate space cadet brown... How can people mistake him for his father? He is such a pimple on the pricks of progress!

16. WOW! Crazy stuff going on.

17. #8977 pedroliberty, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    More than 7 in 10 Californians agree that police shouldn't be able to seize property from people who haven't been convicted of a crime. Take action NOW if you agree.
    Today, law enforcement officers can take property and cash from people without having to prove that the person is guilty of a crime. State legislatures across the U.S. passed bills allowing this practice known as "civil asset forfeiture" during the height of the drug war hysteria in the 1980s.
    Sadly, most won't be surprised to hear that civil forfeiture frequently targets low-income people and communities of color who can't afford to fight in court to get their property back.
    This happens right here in California, but you can do something to stop it today.
    State Senator Holly Mitchell offers SB 443 to rein in abuses and to reestablish the basic tenets of constitutional law our founders fought for. SB 443 requires that a defendant must be convicted of a crime before cash or property can be permanently seized. This preserves the fundamental fairness and sanctity of property rights written into the Bill of Rights.
    Join the bipartisan consensus to reform civil asset forfeiture now: Ask your legislators to support SB 443!

https://ssl.capwiz.com/aclu/ca/issues/alert/?alertid=67651656&type=ML

18. Was fortunate enough to meet another gc forum member today! I've met two so far, both solid guys. We're very lucky to have this resource and getting together really adds to the sense of community. I'm gonna have to get involved in one of the social meet-ups soon. It's getting closer to that time of year...we're gonna have to celebrate our bountiful harvests!

19. I am in as well. I have personally only met one of our growmies and it was only for a short time. Great guy as well. I hate being on the northern side of the grapevine. Makes traveling to LA and beyond a little more difficult in our lifted chevy. But definitely want to meet up with everyone. I hate the fishing trips because I fish and spear and abalone dive as well. Really want to get down there for some sea fishing. But also would like to hook up with anyone that's going to make the XO CUP NEXT MONTH.