High quality outdoor canadian strains?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by goatboy44, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Hi all,

Looking for opinions on a good outdoor strain. next season im gonna plant 1 pure power plant, 1 big bud x ww, and im looking for 1 more plant. Quality is my main concern. will be a guerilla grow so probably low maintenance. and growing on the prairies in canada so short grow season (52 degrees north).

2. Next Generation: Texada Timewarp was developed in BC and is a classic.

3. Looks pretty good. Any experience with it?

4. #5 Branno, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
    Be careful with the timewarp. I bought Texada Timewarp seeds from BC Bud Depot and they never got to finish. 70% sativa would be the reason me thinks! Location was about 2 hours north of Toronto.

I still have two 8 footers I've been practicing my cloning with but other than that they are useless as outdoor plants at this point. Only a matter of time before they croak. I was really hoping to see those beauties finish big too.

edit: I started from seed the first week of june too, theyre in 7 gallon smart pots. Veg them earlier and get some bigger pots and I'm thinkin monsters. But the finishing is the tough part.

5. Pit Bull
    "Indica Dominant 80/20
    Days of Flowering:\t
    35-42
    Difficulty:\t
    Easy
    Yield:\t
    3-6 oz
    Potency (THC):\t
    33-36
    Mature Height:\t
    3-6
    Average Temps:\t
    70-80"

6. 5-6 weeks of flowering with 33-36 % thc?!?!?!? that must be bullshit. If anyone could vouge for it I would sure like to give it a try.

7. Im thinking ill veg them for a month inside. then put em in the ground june 1. think They would make it. And what kind of yield were you expecting from those 8 footers?

8. #9 letsel, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
    Early girl. I Heard it loves it there. One of the most reliable, resilient seed-strain.

9. Really hard to say having never grown them before. Maybe half a pound each.. who knows. I was so stoked to grow them too, they just started flowering super late and at a snails pace.

10. \\\\

Thats odd branno. My guess would be the "BC" company as they have gone from rip off to legit so many times. I would never buy a seed from them period. Ever.

My Timewarps grew to about 8' and yilded 10ozs but there was a terrible drought which limited growht and yeild terribly. They fininshed late sept.

Early girl is a good strain but yields little. EG from sensi grows a single stem, 4' tall with 3 ozs of smoke on it. its a wonderful stealth plant but i prefer bigger yields.

11. Are you in a similar location to me? Mine barely had a glimpse of flowering by late sept. And even now theyre not much past that. All other plants I had in the exact same soil and location were fine.
    If I can successfully get a clone off one of my timewarps I'll try to keep a mother of it and try for round two next season. But I won't be spending good dollars on seeds from the strain again.

I might try out some Ak47 next year. Everything is kush this kush that around here time to mix it up.

12. DNA genetics have a strain called Candy Kush x Skunk. Performs awesome outdoors. Finished product looks just like indoor weed. People can't even tell its outdoor, and will pay indoor prices for it. DNA have it available at their website (below).

Kandy Kush x Skunk - seeds

13. This year I'm getting Harmony and big bud  sent to me.
    Will be my 2nd attempt-the first seeds I got germinated BUT only a few came up when potted. Such a freakin' waste of time.
    Found the ad for seeds in high times magazine.