First Grow! Australian Outdoors! Northern Lights 2011

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BambamLFC, Sep 9, 2011.

1. #1 BambamLFC, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
    High guys! :hello:

I'm from Australia.. obviously.. and thought it was about time i started my own personal grow! i have 10 non-feminised seeds from marijuana-seeds.nl (great stealth btw!) ill be growing in a mix i found on this website, its basically a composition of organic potting soil, chicken manure, bone meal, perlite, and a touch of gypsum! Thats cooling off in my backyard.
    I also have a starting mix for my seedlings, which is a seed starting mix out of the bag, with some added worm castings and perlite, i couldn't find vermiculite in my area :(

so basically all females i get from the 10 seeds i'll be growing outdoors in 52L pots (approx 13gal)

AND IT ALL STARTS TODAY! DAY ONE, GERMINATION!! :D

Doing the paper towel method to germinate them. I'll be uploading plenty of pics throughout the season! Hopefully middle of nxt year, ill have some juicy fat organic buds of my own xD but it's a long ass road ahead, one that i'm looking forward to!
    all criticism is welcome! I'd love to hear thoughts of other experienced growers, anyway i've done my work for the day. time to sit back relax nd :smoking:

Peace!

2. Day 01

[​IMG]

My 10 little soldiers!

3. Day 04 - 72hrs later and 100% germination! i think i've found the mother already ;) which i'm a little worried about. when i placed the biggest one into the soil, the seed shell just fell off. i know this is normal after the cotyledon has actually sprouted upwards, but before-hand i'm not sure has this happened to anyone?

[​IMG]

my mini green house
    [​IMG]

my soil, just chillin'.. killin'..
    [​IMG]

4. Looks good broseph. I'll be here observing and taking notes, I'm going to start my grow next spring. Are you in Western Australia by any chance? I hear that's the growing hub of Oz.

5. Day 06 - 8/10 burst through soil!
    [​IMG]

6. Day 07 - 9/10 thorugh soil, WTF TOOK A CHUNK OUT OF MA CROPS!?!?! ive come to the conclusion it was slugs, but still wtf. a bite into one of the cotyledons, and on another they chomped the cotyledons and nibbled on the serrated leaves.

[​IMG]

:(

[​IMG]

:(

anyway, crushed eggshells in a small perimeter around it now, i also changed its spot to a higher harder to get place. put a bowl of beer outside, so the fuckers can drown to death! and gonna buy some copper wire aswell 2moro ;)

7. Cheers bro, nah im from SA. and if u read up, SA is the weed state of oz ma friend :smoke:

8. do you think its too late to start an outdoor grow? I hope to have my 10 seeds in by friday if lucky and wanna get started ASAP

9. If you're in the US, probably. Most places in the US will have their first frost date before it can fully mature, and you're probably going to get a tiny yield. If you're in the Southern Hemisphere, it's all good, you have time.

10. Lol what Ktmsoker said, if ur in the U.S.A, no. but if ur in australia like me yeh ur all good man :)

11. Day 12

I'm probably just a paranoid first grower.. but iunno these lil ones are growin kinda slow! :( if i see nothing noticeable by day 17 (14 days in soil) i will change them from the starter mix to the main organic mix i have. Anyway here are some pics:

The seedling the slug ate both cotyledons and most of the serrated leaves, pretty much dead. might give it some superthrive, lol nothing to lose.
    [​IMG]

This one is the healthiest lookin, bout 2" now, most of them are starting their 2nd set of serrated leaves.
    [​IMG]

group shot, BUD LIFE <3
    [​IMG]

also as u can see there are only 9, the other one is still in the propagation dome, its just burstin thru.. ill give it a little longer but it looks like a weak ass soldier thats probably a f**king male anyway, so thinking of pissing it off soon... umm yeh does growth seem a lil slow to you guys?..anyone? its been 9 days since i put them in the soil.

anyways time to :bongin: :bongin: :bongin: :bongin: :bongin: Peaace!

12. I'm sad I probably won't be around when it's time to smoke these babies with you :(

13. fuck that! middle nxt year when they budded n dried im coming straight to QLD with a QP of the shit hahaha

14. 1 Month Old!

These pics r about a month old, theyre growing a bit slower than i expected. the starter mix hasnt worked as well as i saw pics of. but oh well they still look healthy! nd ive been battling spider mites like crazy! ive been using a Yates product called Naturasoap. it gets rid of mites n other insects, n its all natural as it claims n wont harm the young ones :) sooo ill be transplanting them soon, should've taken a pic of root development. waiting a tad longer...

Attached Files:

15. looking real good :D

16. Looking healthy mate ! I'll be following your grow , SA sun and marijuana plants go perfect together :)
    Good luck !!

17. i finally transplanted my girls into my heavier organic mix.. they seem to be doing ok. i did wait a bit too long to transplant them, the lower leaves started yellowing a bit due to nitrogen deficiency. before i did though i added some more gypsum to break up a bit of the clay in the final mix, and some more perlite for drainage. its about 70/30 soil to perlite ration. i also noticed the 52L pots i bought had 4 very small drainage holes, compared to the dozens of holes my smaller pots had. so i cut a few extra holes into the bottom to help with drainage.

And earlier today i noticed the leaves are a bit droopy, some droopier than others, they seemed to stiffen up a bit during the day, i assume this is because they had just been tranplanted. but now as we speak, its 8pm here, i went outside to check on em again and the leaves are curling downwards, like claws.

IMG_1702.jpg

yellowing and drooping. ill upload more pics 2moro if theyre still lookin like claws

now im scared its a heavy hit of nutes, but when i transplanted i mixed in a handful of untouched soil, and worm castings with a small layer of the hotter mix, to let the plants ease into the strength. so before the roots get full strength theyll have to grow through that. orrrrrr i just plain over-watered them. which i thought was very hard to do during transplanting. but i guess i could be wrong. so yeh any advice would be much appreciated.

anyways i know its like 8pm but its always 4:20 in my house! time to roll a mass doobs n crank some khalifa. taylor gang or die y'all :smokin:

Attached Files:

18. Good job man getting them Into bigger pots !
    And putting the perlite in as well will do them well ,
    If the leaves are drooping then it probably is from overwatering
    So give them a couple of days without water , this will encourage the roots
    To expand into the new pot :)

So far so far good , they will love the bigger homes !!
    Let us know how they perk up over the next few days

19. Man khalifa is the shit