Guerilla pimpin 09

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Vader Haze, May 22, 2009.

1. OK OK Here is my Outdoor 2009 Thread.

Strains:

WHITE RHINO

HERIJUANA

I have some plants from clone already going and some clones coming up almost ready. Ive lost about 25 clones due to heat, watering, etc. (all my fault) But Im looking to go outdoors with about 25 -30 plants total. Proly 15-20 Rhino's and 5-10 Herijuana. We just had a frost this past Monday but that should be the last. Im going to try and get them in ground this weekend.

Im also Fowering out two mother plants at another location, and Im hoping this last White Rhino bean is a male so I can make some seeds. Its already sprouted and about 2" tall. You can see it in the pics. Altogether Im gonna have 3 spots + 1 for the male.

Plus I planted about 50 bag seeds already and am going to plant another 50 or so. It frosted after I planted them so the first ones probably didnt make it.

Im using a soil mix of peat, cow manure, Miracle Grow potting mix(I know I know $$$), perlite, & native soil. Ill also be top dressing with some lime. I have used this mix minus the lime and native soil with great results indoors. Money is tight right now, so I have to make due. I also have the entire line up of Fox Farm ferts. from my indoors set-up.

Im at about 40' N, so I need to harvest by mid Oct.

Also, Most of my clones were made in rockwool, this last batch I used little cups of soil. Anyone clone in soil? How do you know when they've rooted and can come out of the Humidity tent?

This is my First Outdoor Grow. I appreciate any and all comments, feedback, and advice.

Here are some pics:

Attached Files:

2. hmm, why you put the rockwool in dirt? im not sure if thats bad or not so i cant help you with that. other than that everything is looking good. that spot is sooo good man, your lucky to have a spot like that. wishing best of luck and a heavy harvest. ill be watching!:wave::bongin:

3. Nothing but space and opportunity. :eek:
    Good luck with this, although it doesn't look like you'll need it.
    I'll be watching!

4. Nah thats not the problem. Its OK to start your clones in Rockwool and movem to dirt. Ive been doin it with much success. My problems started when I ran out of rockwool and had to put my clones in dirt. They seem to take much longer. And Luck has nothing to do with having that spot. :cool: But thanks for reading and posting!

Agreed. I only wish I wouldnt have lost so many clones and would be coming out with at least 50. Next Year, next year.

Thanks for Reading!!!

5. First off......nice grow site, love all the wide open space. Mothers are looking nice and healthy. The smaller clones have seen better days, they looked very stressed. I have had this problem before, and it is real easy to fix.
    When I make my clones I keep them in a dome until they are rooted well. Does not matter weather you use the rockwool cubes or the peat plugs (what I use and prefer), as long as the clones are rooted real good.
    Then I will start by opening the vents on the dome for a day or so, then next take the dome itself and upset it so that it does not set on the tray right, so that the clones start to get acclimated to life outside the dome. Then slowly day after day remove the dome a little more until you can take the lid off completely without damaging the delicate little girls. The process usually takes around 3-4 days.
    Once my plants are ready to come out of the dome I put them in 4" diameter peat cups and water daily for around a week, still keeping them under the lights.
    Then they are ready to come outside, and then they will really take off.
    All my plants are started indoors, grown to 24"-36" tall, and then placed outside. This years grow is entirely from clones. Check out my grow.
    I will be taking a new batch of clones tomorrow, probably 30 or more. I think you have inspired me to take pix of the process. I have several mothers that will be going outside in the next few weeks for their final show, and need to be trimmed back first.
    Good luck on the grow!

Loveshack420 :bongin:

6. good stuff man...i cant wait to see a nice crop.

your mother plant is very nice too.

7. Yeah Im aware of the whole transistion. The problem Im having is that their taking to long to root. And Im not sure how to tell when they do. Theyre in clear cups so of course if I see roots around the outside, But I need them to be ready SOON. Any thoughts on how to get them to root quicker?

Thanks for reading.

Thanks man. Yeah the mothers will have tons of budsites. Ill be doing LST to get them all nice and strecthed out for max production.

8. Oh my, your plants are gonna get soo much sun in that spot. I envy you man, good luck boss.

9. Cant wait to see that herijuana bro...
    Damn actually i cant wait to see some good outdoor white rhino also lol

*subscribed*

:smoking:

10. I wouldn't put them in cups until they have already rooted. I have heard to never use clear cups, something about the roots not supposed to see the light. There are several other post in this forum regarding clear cups.
    To promote faster root growth put them on a "seedling heat mat". They run around $25 and they raise the temp of the rooting area by around 10-20 degrees above ambient room temperature. With one of these heat mats under the plants they root in around 10 days. They make a excellent enviroment for those delicate baby girls!
    God luck man!

Attached Files:

11. Yes Yes. Thanks man!

Me either! Im really looking forward to the Herijuana!!! Its supposed to be so potent already and growing it outdoors Im sure will only make it better. They say the strongest pot is grown outdoors. :D.

But yeah Im also looking forward to some outdoor White Rhino. This year will be several different pheno's. But I have them marked. After this I will only be growing the best Pheno Clones. Much more trichs and SO pungent Dank. And Im hopefully doing a little breeding with that same pheno.

I have duct tape around the cup to keep the light off the roots. I didnt have any more Rockwool so if I wanted to make clones I had to do it in cups with soil. I didnt put them in there afterwards. I appreciate the help, but again, the heat mat doesnt help me out right now. Theve already been in there for 2.5 weeks but I dont think theyve rooted yet, but Im not completekly sure.

Any Ideas as to how to tell when they've rooted in soil without being able to see them?

12. Pull on them lightly, if they are rooted they will be snug.
    Really hope you can work this issue out, your spot looks outstanding, can't wait to see them mature :hello: !!

13. Morning Vader Haze...I just posted some pictures of a "Cloning session" on my journal, check it out. Hope it helps with yours.
    Good luck.

14. Yeah I dont really want to go yanking on them just yet I really want to get as many as possible out there.

I know how to clone. But Ill still swing by and check your thread.

15. oh wow that is a killer spot! a huge woodland clearing! now thats what im talkin about!! my plants are from bagseed and are in polluted wetlands inhabited by really decrepid vegitation... bet you ten bucks you'll get better buds than i do lol! good luck... i look foreward to seeing more!

16. Nice spot!!! <----Envious!!!! Ive always found a high humidity will speed up rooting of clones , with or without an assisting agent like rooting gel or powder. Keep up the nice work!!! Hope your clones have rooted! A slight pull on the stem should let you know. You dont have to pull hard enough to pull it out , Thats how I check my clones in the tray.

Sick quote BTW!!! That album was my favorite!!!! Sublime FTMFW!!! RIP Bradley!!!!!

17. You've got some nice plants and nice location there Vader. I'm also at 40 degrees and am growing some White Rhino outdoors. This is just me but I'd go ahead and plant those nice ones you have and wait a little on the clones. I don't think you can rush them, when I've tried they usually die on me. I think Loveshack is giving good advice about taking your humidity dome off some everyday. I may be wrong but your clones look like they are getting to much moisture and not enough light to me. I've made these mistakes before and thats what it looks like. Your dirt looks very wet, try letting it dry out a little, just mist the leaves when you have the dome off and don't water the dirt until you see those leaves reaching up toward the light.

I'll be the third person to tell you its ok to pull very gently on the stem, if you get resistance you probably have roots started, if not it will move a little, just put it back and wait some more. I've never broken any roots this way.

If you plant those big ones now you can take clones from them by the time you have the ones in the dome ready to go out. Another week or two won't hurt anything. I've got huge plants that weren't planted outside until the end of June.

I hope you have better luck keeping the coon out of your holes than I have.
    Good Luck on your grow:smoking:

18. Thanks for the input Man.

Yeah Sublime was awesome.

Thanks for the input man. Do you have a journal? Ill check it out. Im going to hopefully get the bigger plants in the ground tomorrow or the next day. And yeah Im gonna wait a bit on the clones. I have about 13 that are ready right away. And your right, they are to moist and theyre not getting enough light. Hopefully I made the prooper adjustments. I have the humidity domes air holes cracked a bit and now theyre under 2 fluro tubes. So hopefully theyll shape up soon.

That IS a great spot. but not one I trust enough to put the bulk of the goods. Im spreading them out over a few spots. Ill get pics of the other ones soon as well. Ill be out early tomorrow morning digging holes and mixing soil. Rain is supposed to be spotty. Also at one of my spots Ill be hauling water in, so that will help.

Thanks for the advice guys!!!

19. I fell to the same miss conseption as well, but due to veteran growers I have learned that my clear cups won't hurt roots due to roots not having light receptors. the only problem with clear cups is that your soil is very moist and light is hitting it so it will dry the edges out faster, and algae is much more likely to grow, and cover/kill the roots near by.

Indoors cannabis can be just as potent, its just the amount of light, and UVB rays that will make it more potent. There have been studies showing that more UVB rays the more potent the plant will become...IE: Mountains (such as the Himys, and Kush, ect... & equitorial regions)

How are you gunna see roots at the edges if you have duct tape covering the clear cups?

20. I agree in theory. But we'll never be able to replicate the sun perfectly, so in essence the same potential just isnt there.

I dont put the duct tape on until I see the roots.

Thanks for stopping by.