Aluminum grinders can be dangerous.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by hippie4u, Aug 24, 2011.

1. If you have a unfinished aluminum grinder it can be dangerous. If you want to know why clean your grinder the best you can, then when its spotless, take some notebook and run it on the inside threads. The part between the screen and grinder, becuase it gets the most use.
    Now if you have black lines on the paper thats millions of microscopic shards of aluminum. This happens becuase its aluminum on aluminum. Anytime you here that squeak its aluminum sanding itself.
    This happens mostly on cheap low grade aluminum. The old steel grinders dont do this as bad. China used to take zinc/steel then clean it, copper plate it, then chrome it. Now they take cheap bare aluminum and mark it up as space material. They make more money that way. Less expense more profit.
    I just want people to be aware and safe.

2. #2 Flared, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
    i never actually thought about this. the concept is truthful sounding. where's your evidence?! not really, i don't care that much

3. Thats what i want, People to think about it. Im a metal shop hand and a welder. After replacing my steel one with aluminum i was like duh aluminum is to soft. Even anodized dosent stick that well to sharp corners like the teeth. China dosent have it down it dosent stick right, it always peels.
    And thats worse having anodized color in your lungs. China has been chroming a long time and it sticks on sharp edges. Chromes is Hard, that why i love my chromium chrusher it dosent do this.

4. im using a glass mirror and a glass knifve bro i aint got no worrys

5. #5 hippie4u, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
    I have looked for a glass knifve, tell me the link, i want one.

Edit:I love your sig, im going to remember that! ha

6. its a glass shank honestly haha :eek:

break enuff glass and youll find a razor sharp peice perfect, i wrapped mine with a hempcord handle

but the yoshiblade is 20 bucks there at walgreens around here, they dont look cool or nuthin though

7. Yoshi blade is that ceramic. huh.

8. Thanks for the tip, I'm looking for a grinder and that takes cheap aluminum right off the table. The second I read your sentence it made perfect sense, but I'd never thought about it.

9. If you get a cheap enough grinder you'll actually find some shards of metal in the kief catch, my friends old grinder as proof. Went and got a sharp stone and never used it again.

10. bump thread should b stickied

11. Has anyone tried this with the aluminum space case ? Or a mendo ? I just did it with my mendo and they appeared slightly and I wanna take a microscope to it but I find it hard to believe/extreme aggravating if I payed 50 bucks for a grinder that puts aluminum in my lungs

12. yea does anyone know if sharpstones are safe? because there nice and more expensive but there made in china...

13. I'm also interested in whether or not the mendo mulcher is safe. I haven't really noticed anything in mine but I don't have a microscope to examen any further... I paid for a top quality grinder made in the U.S.A and I sure hope that's what I got.

14. same thing here :smoking: im sure its fine. i mean look at the thing, it's fuckin solid.

15. I just got my brand new Chromium Crusher in the mail today too...

I think I'm going to play it safe before I use it. I'll grind up a few pieces of paper first, then clean it with some Q-tips and iso.

I read you're supposed to use 90% iso though, but I only have 70%. Anyone know if this is going to make a difference?

16. The only difference it makes is in how long it takes to clean it up. The 70% will take a little longer but it works just as well.

17. I just soaked it in iso, now the kief catcher's showing a little bit of what looks like rust spots?

This thing can't be safe... right?

18. my aluminum grinder had shards of aluminum n shit in it the first time i used it. after cleaning/
    i did only pay 3 bucks for it.

19. This is true! I guess its a good thing i use a magic bullet:cool: It works wonders!:smoke:

20. [quote name='"DaveTX"']This is true! I guess its a good thing i use a magic bullet:cool: It works wonders!:smoke:[/quote]

Really bro?