So I want to invest in a grinder...

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Abysses, Jul 15, 2012.

1. I was just looking at stuff on the GC shop and not sure what I'm looking for in a good grinder. I know I want a 4-piece, but I don't need to get anything really high-end. I wanted to keep it under 30 bucks and was looking at this:

Black Leaf - Anodized Aluminum Herb Grinder - 4-part - 50mm - Grasscity.com

Is it good for the price? Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance.

2. Js, that grinder not only looks awesome, but looks like it would a perfect grinder for that price range. I would pay 25 for that grinder, get it :)

3. Space case 4 piece titanium
    medium all day I love mine. Greatest investment ever

4. The Space Case are top of the line and will last. When I need a bigger grinder thats what I'll get. Right now I have a small 4-piece Kannastor, and it was only $25 at my LHS, and its great. Basically on par with the SC, and it has a removable screen, came with an extra screen, a little pouch, and a guitar pick.. It was a great buy.

I've had other grinders before and had teeth break off if I put just the slightest amount too much in, so I would definitely recommend those 2 brands over any other..

5. Space case or diamond grinders. I have had my diamond for years without any issues. The magnet is strong as I have dropped my whole grinder full of bud without any issues or spillage.

6. It's better to get an electric coffee bean chopper, you can get them from department stores. They usually cost between $20 and $50 but they are a hell of a lot easier (and quicker) to use than a grinder. They make a bit of noise so if you need to chop quietly get a grinder.

7. [quote name='"LordOfTheNugs"']It's better to get an electric coffee bean chopper, you can get them from department stores. They usually cost between $20 and $50 but they are a hell of a lot easier (and quicker) to use than a grinder. They make a bit of noise so if you need to chop quietly get a grinder.[/quote]

Only good for volume and for those who don't want a lot of Kief......

8. This grinder is just like mine. get it mine was a little cheaper but this will be super helpful in the long run.

9. LHS means local head shop

10. If you tryin to invest into a grinder , i bought mine from here, its probably the best ive had

11. #12 piffpuffN, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  12. #13 happyvirus, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019

13. For $25-30 SharpStone. I love mine!

14. #15 happyvirus, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019

15. I got myself a 4 piece chromium crusher for $35 at my LHS. I absolutely love the thing. The only downside is it's a bit heavy, but It feels more sturdy in the hand.

16. there is a list of the top grinders

17. Be cautious with the Sharp Stone, the teeth are welded onto the top half so sometimes under too much pressure or wrong storage the teeth wont be held onto the top, there for canceling the whole effect of the twisting motion. I explain it in this video below, I would check Chromium Crusher only if you're getting a 4 piece. They aren't pricey.. the one I have been using cost me $90 and I have yet to hate it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7UUFYqnOEk]EastCoastToke's Grinder Review (Sharp Stone, Chromium Crusher, Cosmic) - YouTube[/ame]