Miracle Gro organic

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by swishersweet2, Oct 17, 2011.

1. I just bought miracle gro organic soil how good is it ? and some miracle gro bone meal it says put a tablespoon per cubic ft into soil.. how should i use it and how often ?

2. I use miracle grow organic potting mix very successfully. There are two different MGO, i use the brown bag.

I mix it with....

1tbsp per gallon of dolomite lime
    25% perlite

Don't go thinking it's great soil, but it works and is fairly cheap.

3. +1 :cool:

4. There are some ethical considerations when using Miracle Grow (Scotts) products. They are tied to Monsanto and also are responsible for Miracle Grow (synthetic chems) that pollute our water supplies. Personally, this would be reason enough not to support such a company. I'm not trying to trash your thread or your own choice to use it, just wanted people to be aware of it is all. Good luck with your grow regardless!

5. What Eco said. Well put.

Buy some Pro-Mix, add earthworm castings and a few basic ammendments and you'll have a much better mix for half the price.

Literally. Some weeks ago I did a Google search on Monsanto and was amazed at what I found. Very, very bad people.

jerry.

6. Some do ok with and some do not. IMHO I hate the nasty shit and think all miracle grow products should be banned. Organic or not. They have time released nutes which are very shitty. You would be better off buying some Pro-mix like Jerry said and adding some EWC and such. If you want to be "real" organic take that shit back. Its horrible shit

7. Miracle Grow Organic Potting Soil Mixes registered with the Washington State Department of Agriculture include the following 3 products:

Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Garden Soil .10-.05-.10

This product is listed as 'Waste-Derived' which means biosolids, i.e. industrial sludge which accounts for the high levels of metals in this product. Lovely.

Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Potting Mix .1-.05-.05

This product is not 'Waste-Derived' and you can see the metal levels in this product.

And finally they offer this one......

Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Potting Mix .10-.05-.05

This one is 'Waste-Derived' but notice the difference in how they list the last 2 products - the one that is not 'Waste-Derived' leads off with '.1' while the next one which is 'Waste-Derived' is listed with '.10'

Cute..............

Potting soils do not get much scrutiny by regulatory agencies because they're intended to grow ornamentals and not food. These heavy metals cannot be 'flushed' out even if you use molasses or some other urban myth fix.

These metals do accumulate in plants and if you're digesting, smoking, whatever you'll be accumulating them in your body as well.

LD

8. No offense to the folks that do use it but it gives me the creepie-crawlies every time I see any Miracle Grow products on the shelves. I simply dont want anything to do with any of thier products - whatsoever.

jerry.

9. you guys are crazy...everyone has a different opinion on MG i know lots of growing that use this and have very good harvest and yeilds so dnt just go doubting the product if you havent tryed it for yourself.....

10. Dreday -

First, see LD's post below about heavy metals, which are not healthy for your body and which you take in when using marijuana grown in this base.

Second, see this quote from the Scotts website showing that they are, indeed, a daughter company of Monsanto -

Our International consumer brands include Miracle-Gro®, Evergreen®, Fertiligene®, Celaflor®, KB®, Substral®, Weedol® and Pathclear®. In addition, Scotts is Monsanto's exclusive agent for the international marketing and distribution of consumer Roundup®.

I could post forever what a bad company Monsanto is. See for yourself -

Monsanto in the McSpotlight

or

Monsanto: THE BAD SEED

or
    Monsanto: Controlling Food Supply Through Seeds | Daily Yonder | Keep It Rural

or

Monsanto Bad for Livers as Well as Livelihoods - Food - GOOD

or watch this documentary - The World According to Monsanto | Watch Free Documentary Online

You get the idea. These are bad, bad people. Hows that for a good reason not to use Miracle Grow products? If you dont believe me, simply type "Monsanto" into your Google page and see what you come up with on your own.

To each his/her own. Good luck.

jerry.

11. For not wanting to inhale combusted Arsenic and Cadmium not to mention crazy levels of Zinc? Just to grow some dope?

Yeah - real crazy.

Laughable.

LD

12. No. We're just not brainwashed.

13. In the liner notes of Jefferson Airplane's album titled 'Long John Silver' was this quote:
    I take it that the updated version of that would be something along the lines of this:
    Children pretending to be adults. Maybe that GED will help out, eh?

It certainly won't hurt...............

LD

14. Dank, cheap and mindless. ;)

15. as the old saying goes "get a horse". it can't be that hard to find a stable and pick up some manure, compost it, mix it in your soil, grow. anything but some manufactured chemical laden, soil like bagged material sold at walmart. you are what you eat and it's the same with your plants. plus you then add that to your body, your lungs yet. j

16. Just think about how many folks use edibles as well as smoking. I'm not a health freak by any means, but some things simply make common sense.

jerry.

17. Holy hell. Thanks for the heads up, Lumpers.