What Organic Nutrients does the organic section use?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GrimloxK, Dec 14, 2010.

1. #1 GrimloxK, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010
    Keeping with the same theme as my other thread, I don't want to be annoying but I think threads like this server their purpose in helping noobs like myself see what experienced farmers use to sort of get on the right path with planting.

So if the enlightened ones could please pass on some straightforward info I think I can speak for all the other noobs that it would be much appreciated!

2. Here are the specific soil amendments that I would consider 'mission critical' and are submitted not in any particular order:

1. Alfalfa Meal
    2. Kelp Meal
    3. Fish Meal Hydrolysate
    4. Fish Bone Meal Hydrolysate
    5. Neem and/or Karanja Meal(s)
    6. Crustacean Meal (shrimp, lobster or crab meals or some combination thereof)

That's it.

LD

3. Now for minerals................

1. Either Oyster Shell Powder or Limestone (Calcium Carbonate)
    2. Glacial Rock Dust
    3. Soft Rock Phosphate
    4. K-MAG

That's it for minerals.

LD

4. Weekly amendments of the following:

1. Humic and Fulvic Acids and a specific product that includes the 'Main 7' chelated minerals.
    2. Some form of some fermented plant material, i.e. FPE
    3. Liquid fish hydrolysate and kelp extract
    4. Kelp meal and neem seed meal tea applied as a foliar application (fungicide and insecticide)
    5. Lavender flower tea
    6. Fermented rosemary, marjoram, garlic and ginger FPE applied as a foliar application.

All watering includes liquid silica (Dyna-Gro Pro-TeKt, organic aloe vera juice, organic yucca extract) and these same agents are included in all foliar applications.

HTH

Oh yeah - adding diastatic malted barley every other week..........

LD

5. During the summer I rely almost entirely on compost and compost tea.

In the winter however, I do use Roots Organics.

6. Fresh Jive

My good friend - I've read your posts and you're a very intelligent individual, obviously.

Cut the chase - supporting Aqua Serene isn't worth a man of your talent and knowledge.

Just an unsolicited opinion as usual.

LD

7. I appreciate the kind words :)

I would love to be completely self sufficient but in the winter I feel that I need some extra help as far as feeding my girls.

Any thoughts or constructive criticism is always welcome!

And as far as Aqua Serene, are you talking about the retail store or is is the parent company of Aurora Innovations and Roots Organics?

8. LMAO - sorry about that. Trying to keep up with this week's name for any number of manufacturers is a trying experience - to say the least.

Yep - it's Aurora Innovations and not Aqua Serene. Roots Organic is simply one of their product lines or something like that. The owners of this company and I are not going to appear on VH1's BBF anytime soon.

Wee!

LD

9. Right On.

Like I said, I would LOVE to be completely self sufficient but during the winter I find it difficult to create enough compost for my needs. In the summer ALL of my composting efforts goes directly to my vegetable garden and I still do not make enough!

I may have found a decent solution though for my "Indoor Garden"

Check this out:

Compost Bin, Compost Bins, Compost Tumblers | NatureMill.com

10. That product could allow me to provide all the compost needed for my recreational gardening purposes :)

With that and my usual blend of perlite, jersey greensand, peat moss, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, garden lime, etc. I think I may be good.

And therefore no more expensive nutes :)

11. Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see anyone mention one of our favorites: EWC (Worm Castings). Whether you buy them (Agrowinn is the best I've ever had, thanks LD) or start your own bin, they are an absolute MUST!! Soil ammendending, soil RE-cycling, Tea's for every stage of your grow, top dress, etc. What CANT they do, yeah? I'm all about the rest of what LD lists up there-that guy helped get me off the bottle(s)...MJ specific witches brews at $15-20 per quart. Best lesson I learned was to use these minerals and nutrients sparingly. Frequency is a matter of observation...I've been doing nothing but watering for the past 2 months, without even a tea, and I'm dark green and blowing past 3' tall and bushy under T-8's. Get your soil right and keep re-using it over and over. Water, repeat. Smoke.

12. LD,

does oyster shell flour contain chitin or just crustacean shell flour?

13. Im not 100% sure but,

"Bacillus licheniformis CBFOS-03 is a chitinase
    producing bacteria isolated from oyster (Crassostrea gigas)
    shell waste."

14. Stankie

Only anthropods (shrimp, lobsters, clams, certain insects) contain chitin. Unfortunately - because if the oyster shell powder had this compound it would only add to the benefit which is already in la-la land.

HTH

LD

15. Thanks LD, I'll make sure to get some crustacean shell flour for next grow!

16. Nice thread, and glad to the Dawg back in the house.