Why AACT?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, May 30, 2010.

1. Many of the newcomers to the organic side of growing wonder what the deal is with AACT or Actively Aerated Compost Tea.

Most know that we take compost, water, molasses and other ingredients (fish hydrolysate,kelp meal, humic acid, etc.) and aerate for 18-36 hours to brew our teas, but I wanted to post a couple of links to videos that show the microbial activity in a properly brewed tea.

These links are from the Microbe Organics website, and IMHO, it's a must read for those with a passion for organic gardening. The information and resource links are/is invaluable. They are wmv files and you'll need to have Windows Media Player to view the videos.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

These are just a few of many video/photo files on this website, but they will send you on your way to identifying and understanding the complex relationship that the microbes play in your soils and teas.

Hope y'all enjoy the footage and thanks to Tim at Microbe Organics for his research and sharing.

chunk

2. Interesting read. He is a dedicated soul and unusual, accomplished individual. In his field it takes a great deal of respect by academia in allowing him to audit graduate level classes without the undergrad credential.

3. Chunk, the video's are just plain cool as all get-out man! Cool beans, as it were!

Makes me wonder if that's what the aliens see when they look down on us from above! :D

Ain't it amazing the extent some will go to help the brothas and the sistas? Thanks for the peek into the microbe world of organics.

4. The 'articulating bacteria' in the second video, about a third of the way through....:eek:.... I hope I have some of those floatin' around in my garden.

• Like Like x 1